Hey folks, check out this brand new video of the guys in action...

When we were setting up The Memories Tour, the good people at State Farm asked the band, “Would you sing our jingle for us?” Weezer then asked if the jingle was from a whole song, and if anyone had recorded it lately. So State Farm went back to their headquarters to find out the answers. What they came back with was that “all we could find was the lyrics and sheet music, we are not sure anyone has ever recorded the whole song.” It turns out Barry Manilow wrote the song, back when he was just starting out and wrote songs for commercials to pay his bills. Rivers looked over the sheet music and said “this is a great song; we should record the whole thing.” So the band went into the studio and had a lot of fun rocking out with Mr. Manilow's tune, hoping he would be proud of the results. This video was shot on a day in early December while Weezer recorded the song.

The video can be watched right now on State Farm Nation Facebook page. Check it out!
http://www.facebook.com/StateFarmNation

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

music is GREAT but...

why state farm?????

I feel like this will get unwarranted hate just because of it being the state farm song..

The two great things about this is..

1. Musically it sounds like..... " Weezer" again.

2. They are recording it as a band...Thank you

Pretty cool imo

$$$$$...more corporate b*******

Carousel said:

music is GREAT but...

why state farm?????

My sentiments exactly.

The Burger King said:
. . .

Thats exactly what I wanted to say!

This song is great!

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

I feel like this will get unwarranted hate just because of it being the state farm song..

The two great things about this is..

1. Musically it sounds like..... " Weezer" again.

2. They are recording it as a band...Thank you

Pretty cool imo

now kiddies before you go telling your parents that they should switch to StateFarm because Weezer sang their jingle, just remember that this is a grown ups decision
This is musically awesome.  State Farm...eyh.  Still sounds pretty good.
pat looks soooo happy to be on the drums again!
Love the music/vocals in it! Like previous posters mentioned... this reminded me of the older sound of Weezer!
Who cares if it's the statefarm song, it sounds amazing!
Awesome!!!

Are you f***ing kidding me? This is pure corporate tripe at its most hollow and insipid. And you people are making an exception for it because it "sounds like Weezer"??

When, pray tell, may I ask did the band stop sounding like Weezer? And before any of you bring up Make Believe or Hurley or for f***'s sake even Raditude -- realize the hypocrisy of trashing any one of those albums in favor of the f***ing State Farm Insurance jingle.

I realize where Rivers is coming from. I know he thinks it's neat to dig up the sheet music and track a heretofore unrecorded tune from the early career of an established musical peer... but seriously?

STATE. FARM. F***ing INSURANCE??

The line has to be drawn somewhere, guys. I'm saying this as a longtime =w= fan who digs the group's entire catalog. I LIKE Can't Stop Partying. I'm okay with an album exploring pop and hip-hop themes. I have no problem with Hindi back-up singers or recorder solos or hurdy-gurdys or mandolins or baroque southern rap and everything else because it strikes me as musically honest, even if it's not to everyone's taste or exactly what your audience expects.

But there is such a thing as getting an offer from a company to do something antithetical to being in a f***ing rock band -- even f***ing power-pop -- and politely saying, you know what? Thanks, but no thanks, guys. We're just doing our thing. And maintaining your integrity as an artist.

Otherwise, what do you become? A nostalgia act who'll whore your music out for a buck.

For Christ's sake, Weezer, draw the line.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video