When do we get it?

Views: 2389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hurley is a great album, i love it front to back.  the only thing i don't like is the cover, which i believe ruins the impression of how people/critics took the music.  i think musically hurley is pretty sincere (except for WMS) but the cover makes it seem kinda like a joke.

having said that, i don't think anyone really knows how much of a full band effort it really was, it terms of who played what on the albums 10 songs.  i always wish weezer would detail out who played what instruments for each song.  regardless, i also believe it will be viewed as a very solid album.



Jefferson Dempsy said:

I think years from now people will consider Hurley one of their best.

i have nothing against hurely i like it but its just not there best, but i still think it was good.

Jefferson Dempsy said:

I think years from now people will consider Hurley one of their best.

William Danze said:

Weezer has been very busy, I am anxious for this album to but it takes time. Not saying Hurley was bad but I think we all can agree it wasn't their best, so maybe it's gonna be worth the wait like Pinkerton (even thought it wasn't at the time it was released) but we just got to wait till we get word from Rivers

If you read the liner-notes .. you can know. 

Hurley is not terrible.. I hate to say it, and don't know why people deny the seemingly obvious truth (IMH((subjective))O), that it is arguably their worst.. Being a fan of MB.I'd have to say IMO it is - and by no small margin..  Having heard Rivers work over the last couple of years - specifically with other artists (Adam Lambert - Pick U Up ((as good as any Weezer track, if not better, for years.)). Simple Plan. All Time Low.. Even iCarly - Miranda Cosgrove) it seems like he could and probably has written some great, complete, complex, album ready songs, that for whatever reason he discarded (not literally) in place of the =W=core-/people-pleasing/boat-steadying, overly cautious, and the uber-intentional-organic-tone of Hurley's tracks. 

To me, hurley doesn't sound like a band effort; it does, however, sound more like Rivers just wrote the songs with other artists and told the band to just play them, similarly with Raditude but to greater extent this time around. 

Bill said:

hurley is a great album, i love it front to back.  the only thing i don't like is the cover, which i believe ruins the impression of how people/critics took the music.  i think musically hurley is pretty sincere (except for WMS) but the cover makes it seem kinda like a joke.

having said that, i don't think anyone really knows how much of a full band effort it really was, it terms of who played what on the albums 10 songs.  i always wish weezer would detail out who played what instruments for each song.  regardless, i also believe it will be viewed as a very solid album.



Jefferson Dempsy said:

I think years from now people will consider Hurley one of their best.

I like Hurley also. Unspoken is a beautiful song, and Ruling me is one of my fav =w= songs. I'll agree that WMS is not one of my favorites, but overall It's a great album. 


Bill said:

hurley is a great album, i love it front to back.  the only thing i don't like is the cover, which i believe ruins the impression of how people/critics took the music.  i think musically hurley is pretty sincere (except for WMS) but the cover makes it seem kinda like a joke.

having said that, i don't think anyone really knows how much of a full band effort it really was, it terms of who played what on the albums 10 songs.  i always wish weezer would detail out who played what instruments for each song.  regardless, i also believe it will be viewed as a very solid album.



Jefferson Dempsy said:

I think years from now people will consider Hurley one of their best.

I hated Hurley for the first three or four months and then let it play on repeat while I was sleeping and going for walks and I believe as a whole album it rocks! It could of used a few more stand out tracks but as a whole it was way better than Rad and Red. I just want the songs to be written by Rivers/Weezer.

See, I don't want to have to brainwash myself into liking it.

Zach Smith said:

I hated Hurley for the first three or four months and then let it play on repeat while I was sleeping

you know this is completely insane, right?

Zach Smith said:

I hated Hurley for the first three or four months and then let it play on repeat while I was sleeping 

I did not brainwash myself. I forced myself to listen to it. I was into a lot of new music at the time and out of Weezer mode. I just think it is crazy looking back at that time because I really like Hurley and dont know what it is I didn't like about it at the time. The point is I just gave it time and it grew on me. And no it is not insane to listen to music on repeat while sleeping. I also said and walking. Quite normal. Yep yep yep Just look at my neck!!!!

What I'm hoping for is that Hurley was basically made of ideas Rivers had left over from the Make Believe-Raditude period (major label mindset), and that the next album they create will be in the spirit of the 'indie' label, though many - myself included - think Epitaph is sort of a phony independent. I know Cuomo and the boys have another great release in them. I don't know why I feel that way, but I absolutely do. It's weird, because I haven't found an album interesting enough to sit all the way through since Maladroit, though each one has had an enjoyable track or two. Sigh. I think the Pat Wilson quote about how "you basically have to hate Weezer to be a true fan" is absolutely true.

if it's not insane to listen to something you don't like on repeat (it is), it's surely stupid. you like it now because you forced yourself to like it by playing it over and over again. it became familiar to you, and that is why you like it. 

there's far too much music out there to waste time listening to something you dislike on repeat.

Zach Smith said:

I did not brainwash myself. I forced myself to listen to it. I was into a lot of new music at the time and out of Weezer mode. I just think it is crazy looking back at that time because I really like Hurley and dont know what it is I didn't like about it at the time. The point is I just gave it time and it grew on me. And no it is not insane to listen to music on repeat while sleeping. I also said and walking. Quite normal. Yep yep yep Just look at my neck!!!!

"You come like a dog when I ring yo' bell"

Zach Smith said:

I did not brainwash myself. I forced myself to listen to it. I was into a lot of new music at the time and out of Weezer mode. I just think it is crazy looking back at that time because I really like Hurley and dont know what it is I didn't like about it at the time. The point is I just gave it time and it grew on me. And no it is not insane to listen to music on repeat while sleeping. I also said and walking. Quite normal. Yep yep yep Just look at my neck!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video