Hello, I'm new here and I got a question about the next Weezer album. I remember about shortly after the release of Hurley that I read a news article where Rivers said they were planning to release one in 2011 or something, but then it never came. Does anyone know the current status of the new album?

Views: 686

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dead in the water

you're new here and you have a question.

Hey Mike!

From what I understand, that project seems to have been shelved. The last known project Rivers was working on can be checkedout in the videos section of his profile on this website. I'm sure that once the band starts work on a new lp we'll hear about it sooner or later. I can't wait. 

All we know is that Rivers is currently working on new demos.

Hmm, never noticed those videos rivers uploaded. They sound pretty good imo

Holy Crap some of the bits in that video sound really good! Especially the start of that solo.

half of the demos sound awesome. the other half sounds like generic pop crap.

i'd say you just described weezer's recorded output, but we all know it's mostly generic pop crap.

Only in Dreem see wat it meen said:

half of the demos sound awesome. the other half sounds like generic pop crap.

I darn near forgot about those videos.

Gohi 21 said:

Hey Mike!

From what I understand, that project seems to have been shelved. The last known project Rivers was working on can be checkedout in the videos section of his profile on this website. I'm sure that once the band starts work on a new lp we'll hear about it sooner or later. I can't wait. 

OK, now I understand why the new record hasn't come out.

Rivers did mention he was busy working on an album, but did not say if it is a Weezer album. Also mentioned demos...

Pat's "Special Goodness" album should come out in the next few months, The Relationship tour starts tomorrow and Scott's solo album is supposedly in the works. I'm not sure if Rivers is still working on his Kimono Kid album, but I don't see a new weezer album happening in the next 6 months. Or even this year.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video