I was 13 years old. My best friend played me Undone. From that day my life changed.It blew my mind away! If was as if they were playing just for me!I was never into metal or punk. The "cool" kids did not want to hang with me. To me Weezer truly was the revenge of the nerds. It was smart, funny and deep. + it was rocking!

I bought the album right away and found Buddy Holly and Say it ain't so. Then I slowly began to like the other songs. Boy was I hooked!It was the soundtrack of my life (great band BTW).
Then came Pinkerton. Me and my friend had to go to 7 diffrentstores to track it down. Here in Sweden it was tough finding good musicback then. We got home all excited and put in on.Would we find another Undone? Another epic like Only in dreams?

The first thing that happened was that Rivers sang: I'm tired of having sex.Remember, I was 15 now. Sex was all I could think of!How in the world could you be tired of sex we asked. I didn't get Pinkerton. I thought it was loud and ugly.

I forgot about Weezer for a few months. Discovered other bands. The Rentals, Fountains of Wayne, Pixies etc. Then one day my friend said: Come here! He gave me a pair of big blackheadphones and turned the volyme all the way up. It was Across the sea. My hair stood up on my arms.How could I not have heard the greatness of this song before? That night we listened to pinkerton atleast 5 times back to back. For years to come that became my soundtrack.It was the first thing I did in the morning and the last thing I did at night. Listening to pinkerton. I knew every word, every little note.

Like I said before. Finding music in Sweden was hard and this was pre-napster.So we tried to track down every single they ever put out, just for the bsides. Oh the bsides! Devotion!! Waiting on you! Every single song from 92-97 will always stay in my heart. To me they were flawless. Not one bad song!

Then, the famous hiatus. Every day I looked for news.First, the Matt Sharp incident. I cried. Who the hell is Mikey Welsh!!? I cried!

Then, Velouria. And that my friends. Is the last time i felt anything bylistening to Weezer. 
I know, you guys have heard the same story over and over. And why would anybody write this s***?! Again! Well, I think I have to get it of my chest. It actually hurts thinking aboutWeezer now. They had the one thing money can't buy. A devoted fanbase that came from nowhere while they were gone.

Green album.I felt nothing.It wasn't bad, or good.

Maladroit.Weird. And not in a good way.Lazy and sloppy songs.

Make Believe.Sounds like a bunch of 40 yearolds, in a bad way.We are all on drugs?! Beverly Hills? Give me a break!

The red album.So weird. In a very bad way.Who do they think they are? The Beatles?!I guess I can listen to The angel and the one and The greatest man. Theyremind me of the ol' Weez.

Raditude.-

Hurley.Well, what can you say?Where's my sex. Do I need to say more?

I just don't get Weezer anymore.Who are they playing for?Who's the audience?They went from: Smart, funny and rocking to just stupid. Can't stop partying, I'm you daddy etc. I don't get it! I really wish I did! I try not to listen to the old songs anymore. They just make me sad.To me, they could have been one of the giants. But, they blew it. 

I said my goodbyes when they posted the album 5 demos.Suddenly I realized that I, myself can write better songs than Rivers.

/Jack.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You... cried, huh?

God help you.

I actually read about half of that.

But then you cried...

twice.

Jordan said:

But then you cried...

And now I see he doesn't like Maladroit.

There is much wrong with Jumpin Jack.

pandaž! [berry_rydell] said:

twice.

Jordan said:

But then you cried...

I agree with you Jordan.

Jordan said:

And now I see he doesn't like Maladroit.

There is much wrong with Jumpin Jack.

pandaž! [berry_rydell] said:

twice.

Jordan said:

But then you cried...

"Suddenly I realized that I, myself can write better songs than Rivers."

O RLY?

this made me cry
You should make this story a song. See how that goes. It can be called "The Weezer Experience".

Daniel said:

"Suddenly I realized that I, myself can write better songs than Rivers."

O RLY?

"The 'cool' kids did not want to hang with me."

This explains everything.

"I said my goodbyes when they posted the album 5 demos."

Oh.. but you're still here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links