My cover of "Everybody Wants A Chance To Feel All Alone"

Hey guys, I did a few takes and this one I thought was the best.  My voice is a bit tired at this point, so I decided to just upload the best one I recorded.  Let me know what you think. 

everybodywantsachancetofeelallalone.mp3

Views: 261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was also trying not to be a perfectionist through the process.  My voice would've been shot if I had kept recording and going for a perfect sound.
The vocals are weak and the guitar sounds off. Either tune up, or you are playing the wrong chords. 
It's great to see people covering this song. There aren't too many out there. 

Farkas said:
The vocals are weak and the guitar sounds off. Either tune up, or you are playing the wrong chords. 

I played it in standard tuning, not half step down. I enjoy playing in standard, even though its a bit of a different sound compared to the half step tuning.
No, that's not it. Which chords are you playing?

Dan M. said:

Farkas said:

I played it in standard tuning, not half step down. I enjoy playing in standard, even though its a bit of a different sound compared to the half step tuning.
F#m Bm Em A...then transition to D Bm Em A.

Farkas said:

Dan M. said:

Farkas said:

Hmm..... No idea. It just sounds...odd. We need second opinions in here. 

Dan M. said:
F#m Bm Em A...then transition to D Bm Em A.

Farkas said:

Dan M. said:

Farkas said:

I agree the guitar sounds almost out of tune:P

By "almost" he means "very."

Make sure to pluck the string and wait for it to settle on a frequency, don't just go by the one it hits in the first millisecond.

I see what you mean! Thanks dude.

Gohi said:

By "almost" he means "very."

Make sure to pluck the string and wait for it to settle on a frequency, don't just go by the one it hits in the first millisecond.

No problem. I used to have  a lot of problems with tuning my guitar. Just kind of winged it until it was in tune with itself but that isn't the way to go. Glad I could help.

Ya know what, I had tuned the guitar 2-3 days before I recorded the cover.  I thought it sounded alright for whatever reason, but after just re-tuning it, I realized the D-string was REALLY out of tune.  The rest were about right, but still a bit out of tune.

I do have a guitar tuner, and I probably should've thought to make sure everything was good to go prior to recording, but I was doing it by ear at the time.  But yeah, it definitely makes sense now.

Gohi said:

No problem. I used to have  a lot of problems with tuning my guitar. Just kind of winged it until it was in tune with itself but that isn't the way to go. Glad I could help.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video