Hey all Weez fans,

I've been a boardie here before, just made a new account.

Wanted to pass around this sweet animated music video my band made, complete with a cover song (Katy Perry -Firework). I think any Weezer fan can appreciate the video, as well as the music :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPPNlXP6ORg

And my band is called Phlying Saucer and is in the same genre as Weezer, we're from Los Angeles, CA! Take a listen if you have some time! www.phlyingsaucer.com

-Phil

Tags: Cover, Firework, Katy, Perry, Phlying, Saucer, Weezer

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not understand the statement. 

Next big thing said:
...and how far exactly can you tell? What is wrong with someone showing off some of their tunes, whether it be bad or not? It is people like you who only accept mainstream music such as Weezer and in doing so preventing a huge variety of great local music from being listened to.

Zombie Dr. B. said:

Next big thing said:
You are an idiot then.

fluck said:

might be the funniest thing i've ever read on this board.

Next big thing said:

It is people like you who only accept mainstream music such as Weezer and in doing so preventing a huge variety of great local music from being listened to.
That is because like most others in this forum, you are an idiot.

The dreWid said:
I do not understand the statement. 

Next big thing said:
...and how far exactly can you tell? What is wrong with someone showing off some of their tunes, whether it be bad or not? It is people like you who only accept mainstream music such as Weezer and in doing so preventing a huge variety of great local music from being listened to.

Hey that's actually pretty good, i don't know what people are whining about.

Singer sounds a little like rivers at some points too.

Hate to break it to you, Phil, but the Katy Perry cover train sailed with One of the Boys. Nowadays it's neither hip nor ironic... it's just gay. And a Charlie Sheen reference? Well, aren't you just on the cutting edge of geek-dom...

C'mon, Phil, you're repping L.A. buddy. Finger on the pulse.

What am I saying, you're repping L.A. Hopelessly chasing trends like chickens without heads, right? Good luck with the geek-rock, pal.

And does anyone else find it hilarious that the guy denouncing the "Weezer" mainstream is extolling the virtues of the local scene via a cover of a #1 single from a #1 album? Hey guy, didn't you just listen to some "great local music" because of KATY F*CKING PERRY? Seriously, STFU.

I'm out.

Dude, it IS gay, duuuuh!? 

We're just having some fun with a cover song, and that one day we made the video, Charlie Sheen happened to be funny! :P (bleehh)  

Your actually songs (not the cover) on bandcamp are kick a$$.  AND it looks like you're playing out at the Viper and Whisky.  You're pretty legit.  No need for a KP cover.   
it's not hard to play at the viper or whisky, they are both pay-to-play venues.

cheesytaco said:
Your actually songs (not the cover) on bandcamp are kick a$$.  AND it looks like you're playing out at the Viper and Whisky.  You're pretty legit.  No need for a KP cover.   
Hey jackass, some of us are college graduates who live with their parents...think before you type

Next big thing said:
honestly, I thought i was good. People on this forum are just way to critical for a bunch of college drop outs who live with their parents. Nice tunes man.

We've never paid the Viper Room. Whisky, yes, it's just part of the game. People come out to see us though!

Thanks cheesytaco, glad you checked out the site!

fluck said:

it's not hard to play at the viper or whisky, they are both pay-to-play venues.

cheesytaco said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video