Musicians & Fans of Weezer - The SFTBH Cover Project is looking for you.

Howdy, everyone!

A few months ago, I started a discussion on these boards about something us at The Weezer Cover Project are putting together. If, by chance, you've read that post, then this will be mostly old news for you. This is something of a re-introduction for some of the folks out there who might have missed it the first time.

Anyway, as you may have gathered already, The Weezer Cover Project, a little Youtube instrumental cover project, want to collaborate with Weezer fans from around the world on a fan-made version of SFTBH. We are looking to be as historically acurate as possible but there is also a lot of room to include a lot of each person's own creativity as well. Participants will have be able to voice their opinions on the arrangements, track order, etc. Over the past few months, we've gotten a nice amount of submissions, but we are still have a long way to go. Most parts for all the songs are still open for submissions. We are looking for people to send submissions of individual vocal, guitar, bass, drum, piano, synth orchestral instruments or anything else might be cool and fit into any of the SFTBH pieces.

All the information can be found at the official blog page...

http://sftbhproject.blogspot.com/

Any questions, comments or ideas? You can leave them at the address above, here on our weezer.com profile page, or at our Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/WeezerCoversProject

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.

The Weezer Cover Project

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's so frustrating because I'd LOVE to participate but I'm not that musically gifted.
If you need a Jonas, I'd be more than happy to audition.

Ms. Klein,

I appreciate your interest and I understand what you mean. There are some people that might be more musically inclined than others and that makes the less-inclined folks a little hesitant. That's where I'm hoping the creativity and ingenuity of us Weezer fans will show through the most. Don't like to sing? Can't play the guitar? Than experiment with other avenues. We are trying to make this as unique as possible. Maybe you can whistle along to a guitar solo or hum along to a vocal melody. Don't have drums? Than bang on pots and pans or add a finger snap/hand clap percussion part. Have a kazoo? A slide-whistle? A recorder? Give it a shot. No idea is to crazy to attempt. SFTBH is very experimental so feel free to experiment yourself. If it doesn't quite work, then we can try something else. There will be plenty of places for people to contribute outside of the standard bass-guitar-drum model. It's all about having fun and trying different things. So, please don't feel like there is no place for you in this because there is. We will make a place for anyone who wants in. So try some things and let me know what you come up with. Also, there will be places where a whole bunch of people will be singing together, so if you would like to sing but not have your voice featured as a solo part, we'll have places we're you can sing a long with many others. So don't be shy. We'll find a place for you!

No audition necessary, sir. Go ahead and sing away. We will more than likely have more than one Jonas so feel free to submit as much as you would like.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not claiming to have re-invented the wheel or anything. I imagine there will be more than a few people or groups or online communities doing something like this, if not this exact thing. But it doesn't mean it won't be fun. Maybe we'll do the best version of it. Who knows? I'm not claiming to be a pioneer of online music collaboration. The idea has definitely been done a million times over. I'm just seeing if we can make our version something special. We'll see.

First.. I LOVE how you called me Ms. Klein. LOL

Secondly.. thanks for writing that. You seriously boosted my confidence. :)

The Weezer Cover Project said:

Ms. Klein,

I appreciate your interest and I understand what you mean. There are some people that might be more musically inclined than others and that makes the less-inclined folks a little hesitant. That's where I'm hoping the creativity and ingenuity of us Weezer fans will show through the most. Don't like to sing? Can't play the guitar? Than experiment with other avenues. We are trying to make this as unique as possible. Maybe you can whistle along to a guitar solo or hum along to a vocal melody. Don't have drums? Than bang on pots and pans or add a finger snap/hand clap percussion part. Have a kazoo? A slide-whistle? A recorder? Give it a shot. No idea is to crazy to attempt. SFTBH is very experimental so feel free to experiment yourself. If it doesn't quite work, then we can try something else. There will be plenty of places for people to contribute outside of the standard bass-guitar-drum model. It's all about having fun and trying different things. So, please don't feel like there is no place for you in this because there is. We will make a place for anyone who wants in. So try some things and let me know what you come up with. Also, there will be places where a whole bunch of people will be singing together, so if you would like to sing but not have your voice featured as a solo part, we'll have places we're you can sing a long with many others. So don't be shy. We'll find a place for you!

Also, because it looks like this needs to be re-iterated, this IS The Weezer Cover Project who posted about this project back in November. This is not a copy-cat project. It's the same one as before. This is simply a re-posting of the original information for people who missed it last time. I may re-post again in another month or so so if you see a posting like this again, you can assume it will just be me re-posting the same info as this discussion so as to inform as many people as I can. Updates for the project will be posted on this thread as well as the thread I started months ago as well as the sites listed above. I hope this clears up the confusion.
No problem at all. Glad it helped. I am quite the fan of formalities. That's where the "Ms." comes from.

jKlein said:

Ms. Klein,

Fair enough. It will still be fun to do.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:
still...it's been done.

Also, because it looks like this needs to be re-iterated, this IS The Weezer Cover Project who posted about this project back in November. This is not a copy-cat project. It's the same one as before. This is simply a re-posting of the original information for people who missed it last time. I may re-post again in another month or so so if you see a posting like this again, you can assume it will just be me re-posting the same info as this discussion so as to inform as many people as I can. Updates for the project will be posted on this thread as well as the thread I started months ago as well as the sites listed above. I hope this clears up the confusion.
Haha, it's just that I had a flash back of when I was a student teacher and the little kids couldn't pronounce/remember my last name so they called me "Ms. Klein"

No problem at all. Glad it helped. I am quite the fan of formalities. That's where the "Ms." comes from.

jKlein said:

Ms. Klein,

I'm all for being experimental, but let's not deviate from the theme either.  It's a space rock opera.  Anything or any instrument that deviates from the theme I'm against.  Then again, it is your project, but there may be people who share the same opinion as I do.

It would also be important not to play the instruments all at once.  This isn't exactly a hootenanny I'd imagine...

We're in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video