I want to hear what you guys think would be a good idea for Weezer to do for a music video. For some reason I think it would be so cool to see Rivers as an ice-cream man in the 50's. I think it would be awesome. I don't know what song it could go with though. What do you guys think?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They should do another Muppets video, except this time, THEY'RE the muppets!  Hilarity ensues!  They could do it to Where's My Sex!!

In videos past I've appreciated their sense of humour and energy. Something studio based like 'Hash Pipe' or the shoot for 'Dope Nose' is pretty cool. I also enjoyed the laid back, feel good quality of 'Island in the Sun' (Spike Jonze). 'Troublemaker' was a good concept too, I thought. Cool to see the fans getting involved.

Live footage can work well in a video and I think many fans enjoy seeing backstage antics and so on.

I don't know what direction the band will want to go with next, or if they're kind of over funny videos. It's a bit dated now, but it once occurred to me that a spoof on the 'Iron Chef' (Japanese version) had potential.

As to Rivers represented as an 1950s icecream man. I can visualise it, but it might be a case of "been there, done that", in terms of 'Buddy Holly' and 'If you're wondering...' Nice image though.

Ultimately, I think just seeing the band performing with their instruments and rocking out is most enjoyable. I've had enough of epic saga videos (by other bands/ artists). It's a music video, not '2001: A Space Odyssey'.

PUPPIES! said:

I want to hear what you guys think would be a good idea for Weezer to do for a music video. For some reason I think it would be so cool to see Rivers as an ice-cream man in the 50's. I think it would be awesome. I don't know what song it could go with though. What do you guys think?

They could do a video for Hang On!

oh wait

I think that is why I could see it so well. He looks good with the 50's style.

Danielle said:

In videos past I've appreciated their sense of humour and energy. Something studio based like 'Hash Pipe' or the shoot for 'Dope Nose' is pretty cool. I also enjoyed the laid back, feel good quality of 'Island in the Sun' (Spike Jonze). 'Troublemaker' was a good concept too, I thought. Cool to see the fans getting involved.

Live footage can work well in a video and I think many fans enjoy seeing backstage antics and so on.

I don't know what direction the band will want to go with next, or if they're kind of over funny videos. It's a bit dated now, but it once occurred to me that a spoof on the 'Iron Chef' (Japanese version) had potential.

As to Rivers represented as an 1950s icecream man. I can visualise it, but it might be a case of "been there, done that", in terms of 'Buddy Holly' and 'If you're wondering...' Nice image though.

Ultimately, I think just seeing the band performing with their instruments and rocking out is most enjoyable. I've had enough of epic saga videos (by other bands/ artists). It's a music video, not '2001: A Space Odyssey'.

PUPPIES! said:

Weezer performing at a party and they are also in the crowd listening and funny things are happening.

I had an idea for "Greatest Man." I got the idea from watching war movies. It would take place like in the early 60's or something. Each part of the song would represent a different scene happening. The music video would just be about all the Weezer members saying goodbye to their wives at the beginning, then going to army camp and learning how to fight and then going to Vietnam to fight (they would sing the part "After the havoc that I'm gonna wreak, no more words will critics have to speak" as they're sitting in the tanks getting ready to go out for battle and stuff. And then at the very end where everything picks up they would fight and stuff, but it would be sorta like Tropic Thunder. Like it would be comedic instead of all serious. I guess the vid would be more of a funny one, rather than a serious one.

Since Spike Jonze was supposed to direct this, I imagined this big thing to go down and what not, but the vid was never made. Maybe I'll make it.

turn =w= into transforming instruments, kind of like voltron, but with Gibson SGs and fender basses

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video