So, I've had a few embarrassing misunderstood-lyrics moments in my life. What are yours? 

From "My Name is Jonas":
I thought "fresh out of batteries" was "fresh out of Baton Rouge."

From "The World has turned"
"You left enchanted by my intellect, or maybe, you didn't" 
I thought the last part was "Old Navy, you did it!" (I have no idea why I thought that.) 

I also know someone that spent more than a year thinking that "The Good Life" was called "the Nomad song," as in, "I don't wanna be a Nomad anymore..." 

It'll be interesting to see what you guys have misunderstood. : ) 

Views: 640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In "Pink Triangle", I used to think it was: "Pink triangle, honestly..." instead of: "Pink triangle on her sleeve..."
-Samuel
Haha that's hilarious because I had a friend who thought the same thing for years.

Dungeon Master said:
I remember the first time I heard 'why bother' i thought the lyrics were, 'my father, gonna hurt me."
Love this discussion! I am cracking up over the "Why bother/my father" one, can you imagine, it changes the tone of the song so much! And the making love with a Yeti lol... Wished I had a funnier one:

No One Else, 2nd verse, last line:
"Please don't believe her, she says that for anyone"

what I thought:
"Please don't believe her, she doesn't fool anyone"

in fact if I am absentmindedly singing along, I still end up singing that even though I know it's wrong ha

thanks for the laughs everyone =D
haha i thought it was 'while we underdressed'

GalaxyDuster said:
LOL. All this time, I thought it was "listening to techno music on the bus while we're under chicks."

Sean_e_b said:
I've always found Weezer's vocals to be very understandable for the most part, so I only have one example.

Actual lyrics from "Memories":
Listening to techno music on the bus where we earned our checks.

What I thought:
Listening to techno music on the bus while we undigest

Made sense to me seeing as it comes directly after a line containing the word vomit.
wow same :(

jesus ferguson said:
Haha that's hilarious because I had a friend who thought the same thing for years.

Dungeon Master said:
I remember the first time I heard 'why bother' i thought the lyrics were, 'my father, gonna hurt me."
I've got a new one. I wasn't listening carefully, and what I heard:

"Where's my sex?
I thought it was here.
Son of a b****!
but it disappeared!"
Remembered another one

Suzanne:

What I thought: On your job, making slush

Actual: I'm your child, make me blush
In Tired of Sex I thought Rivers was singing:

"Monday night i'm having Glen,
Tuesday night i'm takin' Glen,
Wednesday night i'm makin' some Glen..."

I thought thatfor a pretty long time. Was pretty embarrased once someone corrected it for me =p
I thought I heard something of that nature too.

My wife thought instead of Trainwrecks that he said "we are trail mix."

I had another that I thought but now that I am on here I can't think of it for the life of me.

WeezerWoman said:
I've got a new one. I wasn't listening carefully, and what I heard:

"Where's my sex?
I thought it was here.
Son of a b****!
but it disappeared!"

Dungeon Master said:

I do agree.. I was really laughing my ass out of this when i found out the real lyrics

Jesper Andersen said:
I thought the line: "I just made love with your sweet memory, one thousand times in my head", in The World Has Turned... was: "I just made love with your sweet memory, one thousand times with my hand". Which, imo would have made it fit, perfectly on Pinkerton

I thought it was one thousand times in my hand for a while
LOL..i have laughed so much reading everyone's replies..it's funny the things we think they say..lol! In the song If you're wondering ( If i want you to)...i thought that the part he says "the slayer t-shirt fit the scene just right" said "the sweat of t-shirts fit the scene just right" and when he says "They didn't like BB guns or stupid archery" i thought said "they didnt like me because im stupid, hard to read" LOL!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video