So, I've had a few embarrassing misunderstood-lyrics moments in my life. What are yours? 

From "My Name is Jonas":
I thought "fresh out of batteries" was "fresh out of Baton Rouge."

From "The World has turned"
"You left enchanted by my intellect, or maybe, you didn't" 
I thought the last part was "Old Navy, you did it!" (I have no idea why I thought that.) 

I also know someone that spent more than a year thinking that "The Good Life" was called "the Nomad song," as in, "I don't wanna be a Nomad anymore..." 

It'll be interesting to see what you guys have misunderstood. : ) 

Views: 640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ILoveEveryone said:
regarding the techno music part in Memories

what i thought was this: listening to techno music on the bus while we under dress

Ha, thats what I used to think it was.
Also in pink triangle I used to think it was 'I'm dumped she's a lesbian'
Another one on Memories I found was 'watching all the freaky dutch kids vomit then have sex' when it's actually...

Wait, what?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
It's "You laughed enchanted by my intellect" :) So you can add that to your list.

Haha, whoops! Apparently, I got Troublemaker wrong, too. I thought it was "You will go to bed with me."

Okay, this has been bothering me, from Greatest Man:

Heeeey, this is what I like
_______ my heart ___________?

Got my heart with a modest price? Cut my heart with a _____ knife? Anyone know?
In Buddy Holly I thought they were trying to be clever by saying "and you'll marry Tyler Moore". And in Good Life I thought It said "excuse the pigeon" I was a little shocked when I figured that one out.... On Island in the Sun I thought it said "On and on an endless sun" too. Wow I am a bad listener...

Sean_e_b said:
I've always found Weezer's vocals to be very understandable for the most part, so I only have one example.

Actual lyrics from "Memories":

That's what I heard as well. Other than than, there is nothing I can think of. Though I do like "The Nomad Song". Lol
Listening to techno music on the bus where we earned our checks.

What I thought:
Listening to techno music on the bus while we undigest

Made sense to me seeing as it comes directly after a line containing the word vomit.
Cut my heart with a martyr's knife

WeezerWoman said:

It's "You laughed enchanted by my intellect" :) So you can add that to your list.

Haha, whoops! Apparently, I got Troublemaker wrong, too. I thought it was "You will go to bed with me."

Ok- I thought in Only in Dreams it was "there's no way I will crush your pretty toe nails in 2000 BC.
ha ha ha. I was 15 at the time and it sounded right, especially after Nirvana, regarding lyrics---anything went!
Isn't it martyr's spike?

Abby said:

WeezerWoman said:

Beginning of the second (and third) verse of Tragic Girl. I thought he said "I want my daughter to be a pastor."
Ok, yes it is martyr's spike.
But I thought it was "and you are going to bear with me" in Troublemaker but it itsn't. It is "and you will go to bed with me" I thought I knew both of those...ha ha ha

The dreWid said:
Isn't it martyr's spike?

Abby said:

WeezerWoman said:

Wow, I really thought it was "you are gonna bear with me"...you learn something every day...

Abby said:
But I thought it was "and you are going to bear with me" in Troublemaker but it itsn't. It is "and you will go to bed with me" I thought I knew both of those...ha ha ha

The dreWid said:
Isn't it martyr's spike?

Abby said:

WeezerWoman said:

weezerpedia or I would have still been unaware

Philip Taylor Jr. said:
Wow, I really thought it was "you are gonna bear with me"...you learn something every day...

Abby said:

The dreWid said:
Isn't it martyr's spike?

Abby said:

WeezerWoman said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video