So, I've had a few embarrassing misunderstood-lyrics moments in my life. What are yours? 

From "My Name is Jonas":
I thought "fresh out of batteries" was "fresh out of Baton Rouge."

From "The World has turned"
"You left enchanted by my intellect, or maybe, you didn't" 
I thought the last part was "Old Navy, you did it!" (I have no idea why I thought that.) 

I also know someone that spent more than a year thinking that "The Good Life" was called "the Nomad song," as in, "I don't wanna be a Nomad anymore..." 

It'll be interesting to see what you guys have misunderstood. : ) 

Views: 641

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL. in say it aint so i used to think it said the son is drowning in the bath instead of the son is drowning in the flood.
I've always found Weezer's vocals to be very understandable for the most part, so I only have one example.

Actual lyrics from "Memories":
Listening to techno music on the bus where we earned our checks.

What I thought:
Listening to techno music on the bus while we undigest

Made sense to me seeing as it comes directly after a line containing the word vomit.
I too thought he said "I don't want to be a Nomad anymore" for a little bit. Figured he meant he was tired of being on the road.
It's "You laughed enchanted by my intellect" :) So you can add that to your list.
I say this with <3 of course.
At some point in time I thought of the lyric in "Why Bother?" as "crack it open, make an om-e-let" but I don't think I misheard it so much as I didn't know what he said and misthought it while away from the stereo.
LOL. All this time, I thought it was "listening to techno music on the bus while we're under chicks."

Sean_e_b said:
I've always found Weezer's vocals to be very understandable for the most part, so I only have one example.

What I thought:

Made sense to me seeing as it comes directly after a line containing the word vomit.
Haha, this is a great discussion idea! I agree the lyrics are usually easy to understand, but sometimes...

I used to think "The Good Life" went, "I don't want to be lonely anymore..." instead of "I don't want to be an old man anymore" and I used to hear "Troublemaker" as "I will be a rockstar and you will go to bed with me" instead of "you are gonna bear with me"

And yes, I also heard "Memories" as "on the bus while we undigest", "earned our checks" makes WAY more sense :)
In the good life I thought it said " I don't wanna be a loner anymore " hahaha
I remember the first time I heard 'why bother' i thought the lyrics were, 'my father, gonna hurt me."

Sean_e_b said:

What I thought:

Ha yes, exactly..I thought the exact same..
regarding the techno music part in Memories

what i thought was this: listening to techno music on the bus while we under dress

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video