I talked to the management team today.  Apparently, the number 1 thing u can do to help is:  post a link to the Memories video on your twitter or facebook and suggest to your friends that they check it out.  I'll get you the exact link soon..........................................:)

Here it is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/weezer" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/user/weezer</a>;

gah!  typically, i can't figure this out.  karl posted it below.

Thanks everybody!  We have a very small marketing budget this time so we need all the help we can get!

Views: 68

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

45k on an indie (yes epitaph is still technically indie) is great these days. I'm sure weezer recognized that these days unless your lady gaga or some other pop mega star being on an indie is the way to go. They recieve more money per album sold and have less pressure to sell a million records. Kudos on charting in the top ten with Epitaph!

Rivers Cuomo said:
Thanks for all your help everyone! Good work! Here's a cool note from Epitaph: Congratulations to Weezer and everyone on the #6 chart debut of ‘Hurley’. We sold 45,702 records this week.

There is great word of mouth about the record and we have made a lot of impressions in a very short time. Our campaign continues with “Memories” at radio (over 2,700 spins and 13 Million impressions at Alternative radio), good press, touring, special events, advertising and more.

Thank you for all of your hard work to help make this happen!

General Manager
Epitaph | Anti | Hellcat
Industry sucks these days.
Yes master of Cuomo. 

Ben [supermanbbp] said:
My local Best Buy seemed to be out of Deluxe. But they got it confused. They had $9.99 stickers (the deluxe price) on the standard edition version of Hurley. They didn't seem to know the difference between the two either. :(
Lol lucky, $9.99 the deluxe price? My local Best Buy doesn't carry them and at HMV (the typical place to buy CDs) the deluxe version in $19.99 and standard is $14.99
What else would you have me do, my master?
Alright Rivers. But this means you have to release more songs from the vault!!!!
You should do more funny shows/internet videos (Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifinakis, Conan, etc)
There should be an actual street team, also I think allthingsweezer.com has a a pretty good hold on helping!!!
on it!
this thread...lol.

lol for a minute I thought this was a new thread.

Anyway, it's about time we had another single+video from Hurley.. *cough* Hang On *cough*

will do!

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video