I am quite pissed at the fact that the Chicago shows are probably sold out, I have been trying ever since they released tickets to public 10am CDT.  And quite a few of the tickets are actually on ebay, as per usual, selling for ridiculous prices.  

I was gonna fly in from a far and distant land, have a good holiday too but, it is just unfortunate as fans have to resort to paying more money to scalpers. 

I am gonna try my luck with the New York Shows.   

side note : There has to be a system. 
Names on tickets or something, I've been to festivals with that system and it works. Just a name and birthday.  Can't make it? resell to proper outlets.  

Just a frustrated fan.  
the world has turned and left me here.  

f

ps.  i was supposed to see Weezer Jan 2010 in San Fran, but Rivers got into an accident sometime dec last year, and it was cancelled.  Now, this. FML.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how did the Jan 7th show sell out so quickly? I don't understand:(
Was it because of the pre-sale?
I was still able to get tickets at noon today.
I learned about this awful online scalping problem this weekend.

My poor husband has been dying to see Rammestein in concert forever. Well, the tickets went on sale yesterday at 12:00 PM for Madison Square Garden... apparently their first US show in a decade. At EXACTLY 12:00, the stupid ticketmaster thing told him it couldn't even find TWO tickets together. He tried and tried for 30 minutes, being told no, no, no... until finally it threw him a pair in the 300's section (which is almost the farthest row out). So, sadly, he took those. Wouldn't you know, within that hour, hundreds of tickets upwards of $600 popped up on Ebay and "Stub Hub"... yeah frickin' right! What a load of crap!
Between the scalpers and the American Express bull, regular people get screwed over. I felt so bad for him. I just can't believe scalping is even a legal practice. What a way to ruin everyone's fun.

So, in short, you have my absolute sympathy.
Chicago's Aragon only holds 4,500 people. It sold out because every weezer fan within 300 miles was trying get to these shows. I think Weezer should have had 2 Blue Nights and 2 Pink Nights in Chicago with a capacity of that size and they could have easily sold out all 4 nights. I was one of the lucky ones to figure out the presale code as it was onsale on Friday at 11EST. Otherwise I would be just as pissed.
There are still tix to Sat show as of now.
another reason I don't go to "big" shows anymore
Yeah, I was trying to order them the minute they went up, and though thankfully I was able to get tickets to the pinkerton show (which is the album I prefer, though they're both great), when I got my confirmation email something got mixed up and they gave me two sets of tickets to the pinkerton show rather than one set to each. I was luckily able to get my money refunded on one of the purchases, but it was still a bummer that the blue album tickets went so quickly. Probably to be expected though, like someone said, everyone in the midwest who grew up on these albums is gonna try and go.
Your poor husband. Yeah, I had some problems with ticketmaster's website for the first few attempts, then I think when it started 'going through', it just gave me the ultimate crapper news.

Anyway, thanks, i am gonna try to get those damn tickets in New York instead, if not, i'm not gonna fly out to the US. urgh.

GalaxyDuster said:
I learned about this awful online scalping problem this weekend.

My poor husband has been dying to see Rammestein in concert forever. Well, the tickets went on sale yesterday at 12:00 PM for Madison Square Garden... apparently their first US show in a decade. At EXACTLY 12:00, the stupid ticketmaster thing told him it couldn't even find TWO tickets together. He tried and tried for 30 minutes, being told no, no, no... until finally it threw him a pair in the 300's section (which is almost the farthest row out). So, sadly, he took those. Wouldn't you know, within that hour, hundreds of tickets upwards of $600 popped up on Ebay and "Stub Hub"... yeah frickin' right! What a load of crap!
Between the scalpers and the American Express bull, regular people get screwed over. I felt so bad for him. I just can't believe scalping is even a legal practice. What a way to ruin everyone's fun.

So, in short, you have my absolute sympathy.
THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. I have never been to Chicago so I was really looking forward to it but oh well, I hope I hope I hope I get the NY ones.

J Dub said:
Chicago's Aragon only holds 4,500 people. It sold out because every weezer fan within 300 miles was trying get to these shows. I think Weezer should have had 2 Blue Nights and 2 Pink Nights in Chicago with a capacity of that size and they could have easily sold out all 4 nights. I was one of the lucky ones to figure out the presale code as it was onsale on Friday at 11EST. Otherwise I would be just as pissed.
Ooh my, that sucks! ;(

krisande said:
Yeah, I was trying to order them the minute they went up, and though thankfully I was able to get tickets to the pinkerton show (which is the album I prefer, though they're both great), when I got my confirmation email something got mixed up and they gave me two sets of tickets to the pinkerton show rather than one set to each. I was luckily able to get my money refunded on one of the purchases, but it was still a bummer that the blue album tickets went so quickly. Probably to be expected though, like someone said, everyone in the midwest who grew up on these albums is gonna try and go.
Lucky you!

But yeah, well, money rules the world, doesn't it? Oh well.

Kenith Mulstay said:
I feel your pain, man. I was fortunate that my son was able to get us tickets for their Boston show. Weezer used to let their fans get first dibs on concert tickets years ago, before they got greedy. They must be making money from the American Express people. Success sometimes has it's downfalls.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video