Red Album

Raditude

Hurley

Death to False Metal

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But that wasn't why he called it that, according to weezerpedia anyway:

"The title Death To False Metal comes from a phrase that Cuomo and his younger brother used when they were kids. Musical integrity was a matter of life or death then, and now the new album is a reminder of how important music is for both Weezer and their many fans"

Šupak said:

Death to False Metal was a Manowar lyric not that I expect anyone here to know who they are
Ahhhh, with that insight the album cover now makes sense!

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

"The title Death To False Metal comes from a phrase that Cuomo and his younger brother used when they were kids. Musical integrity was a matter of life or death then, and now the new album is a reminder of how important music is for both Weezer and their many fans"

Šupak said:

Death to False Metal was a Manowar lyric not that I expect anyone here to know who they are
But he didn't make it up himself, he got it from Manowar...according to common sense anyway

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Šupak said:

Maladroit I believe is French, meaning "awkward", and I can confirm the weezer message board member came up with the name, he is thanked in the liner notes of the album.

Raditude was a word penned by Rainn Wilson, of The Office fame (he plays Dwight).  Rivers asked him what he should name the album, and that's the word he came up with.

Hurley.....they decided not to do a self-titled album, because they knew everyone would just call it the Hurley album, because of the picture.  Personally, I would have called it the Jorge Garcia album, because Jorge is an awesome name, and Lost is a terrible television show.  Hurley, the clothing company did NOT fund the album.  Weezer made it all on their own.  However, there was official weezer clothes made by Hurley.  Hurley prolly paid weezer for the use of their name and logo, but not for the album.  I remember walking into a PacSun to look at the stuff, and Hurley (the album) was no where to be found, just some pretty ugly, green plaid, looking hoodies and beanies.

I know someone already told you all of this, but this is just more details

it was a she.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Maladroit I believe is French, meaning "awkward", and I can confirm the weezer message board member came up with the name, he is thanked in the liner notes of the album.

details that someone already provided, good job.

and for the record, lethe was a she, not a he.

Raditude was a word penned by Rainn Wilson, of The Office fame (he plays Dwight).  Rivers asked him what he should name the album, and that's the word he came up with.

Hurley.....they decided not to do a self-titled album, because they knew everyone would just call it the Hurley album, because of the picture.  Personally, I would have called it the Jorge Garcia album, because Jorge is an awesome name, and Lost is a terrible television show.  Hurley, the clothing company did NOT fund the album.  Weezer made it all on their own.  However, there was official weezer clothes made by Hurley.  Hurley prolly paid weezer for the use of their name and logo, but not for the album.  I remember walking into a PacSun to look at the stuff, and Hurley (the album) was no where to be found, just some pretty ugly, green plaid, looking hoodies and beanies.

In all fairness he has provided "more detail". More being the key word.

Mister Daniel Out *ksshhhh*

fluck said:

details that someone already provided, good job.

and for the record, lethe was a she, not a he.

Mmmmh, "Clumsy" would be the correct translation my friend.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

4. Maladroit was a name that a forum user came up with which Rivers thought was 'really cool.' Unforunately it means "unskillful" or "awkward."

Those words are synonymous with each other so I'm not too embarrassed.
just sayin'
I'm just saiyan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service