who do you think is the best weezer bass player so far? honestly hmmm... idk. thats a hard one.

Views: 802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Matt's by far my favorite. He's doing a lot of awesome things with The Rentals now. I like Scott and he's a very talented bassist, but I miss Matt.
scott is god!

Kali {Weezer Momma} said:
Scott Shriner is the man.... that is all.
double ditto

sarah leeper said:
ditto that.

The dreWid said:
I like Matt because he was awesome, but I don't like him because he left weezer. 
I like Mikey because he was hilarious. Too bad he was a drug addict. 
I like Scott because he has been loyal to weezer for all these years. 

I'll go with scott. 
matt sharp. best albums were when he was with them.
seriously, stop hatin' on matt.

Indiekid said:
Im sick of hearing that story of Matt telling Rivers to put Butterfly on Pinkerton, it was one song and its not even an amazing one. This is the only example people give for Matt's "Creative Influence" on weezer.
Matt didnt keep "Rivers in line", thats the most moronic thing anyone has ever said on these boards. You seem to think Weezer's change in style and Rivers' change in songwriting was caused by Matt's departure, it wasnt. Rivers was upset with how badly Pinkerton did and so focused on making the band big again, he wanted/wants to be a star with hit songs.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
Rivers still trusted Matt Sharp's creative judgement though as he came went to Matt asking if Butterfly would be a suitable song to place on Pinkerton. If a similar scenario occurred with Scott I see a very different outcome taking place. Even if creatively he didn't offer a whole lot to the big picture, Matt kept Rivers in line.

Joey JoJo Junior Shabadoo said:

As far as Weezer's basslines go they've never been anything amazing. Weezer never had a Carlos D for instance, the band's music has never been about it's basslines. Rivers has always written fairly simple basslines for people to play so on a technical level none of the Weezer bassists really stand out.

Matt Sharp seems to be the Bernard Butler of Weezer. No more or less technically talented than the guys who replaced him however he is associated with the bands best work. But then who's to say if Matt stayed in the band all along that Weezer wouldn't have gone down the downward spiral that they have? After all, Weezer is Cuomo's baby. And lets not forget Brian and Pat were essential to the groups 90s works as well.

triple ditto

Grace Kiser said:
double ditto

sarah leeper said:
ditto that.

The dreWid said:
I like Matt because he was awesome, but I don't like him because he left weezer. 
I like Mikey because he was hilarious. Too bad he was a drug addict. 
I like Scott because he has been loyal to weezer for all these years. 

I'll go with scott. 

Bass Playing- Matt Sharp

Backing Vocals- Matt Sharp 

Being Cool- Matt Sharp

OMG OMG OMG MATT SHARP WINS

The dork competition, that is...

Thats Difficult to say.

I think skill wise Scott is the best.

Stage presence wise Matt.

And all around best fit with the band Mikey (even though he was the shortest lived)

I like Matt because he was the original! His stage presence was great and he was fun to watch. His falsetto is flawless too of course. I like Scott because he has been with Weezer for the longest and you can tell he is just a great guy. I love how there are all these nerdy looking guys then you've got this big dude with Tattoos and a big worn out bass :D But I would have to say my favourite is Mikey. He wasn't with them very long I know, but he was awesome! His stage presence was brilliant and I thought he really fitted in with the band. He was also freaking hilarious.
MATT SHARP

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video