who do you think is the best weezer bass player so far? honestly hmmm... idk. thats a hard one.

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

scott shriner.

Really good question...

Matt is the definition of Weezer. You see all the quirky things he does in the videos or during performances or even during interviews - he was such an awesome addition to Weezer. And oh, the falsetto! I miss that dearly.

Mikey was such a great bassist, he brought this sense awesome to the band (though the band was already awesome)...he was the first step into Weezer's escalating journey into badass-ity.

Scott, now he is just great! He rocks, there's nothing more to say about him. He's a great bass player and an awesome performer onstage. Nothing bad to say about him.

Overall, I think I'll pick Matt Sharp. He was interesting to watch and listen to. I miss him!

(PS, Scott would win in a fight).

As far as Weezer's basslines go they've never been anything amazing. Weezer never had a Carlos D for instance, the band's music has never been about it's basslines. Rivers has always written fairly simple basslines for people to play so on a technical level none of the Weezer bassists really stand out.

Matt Sharp seems to be the Bernard Butler of Weezer. No more or less technically talented than the guys who replaced him however he is associated with the bands best work. But then who's to say if Matt stayed in the band all along that Weezer wouldn't have gone down the downward spiral that they have? After all, Weezer is Cuomo's baby. And lets not forget Brian and Pat were essential to the groups 90s works as well.

this is true lol

David Stepp (DJS92491) said:

In a fight...like the title gave me the vibe of this being about, Scott and his devastating arms.

As a bass guitarist, Matt Sharp.

Scott. He's just so chill.

Rivers still trusted Matt Sharp's creative judgement though as he came went to Matt asking if Butterfly would be a suitable song to place on Pinkerton. If a similar scenario occurred with Scott I see a very different outcome taking place. Even if creatively he didn't offer a whole lot to the big picture, Matt kept Rivers in line.

Joey JoJo Junior Shabadoo said:

As far as Weezer's basslines go they've never been anything amazing. Weezer never had a Carlos D for instance, the band's music has never been about it's basslines. Rivers has always written fairly simple basslines for people to play so on a technical level none of the Weezer bassists really stand out.

Matt Sharp seems to be the Bernard Butler of Weezer. No more or less technically talented than the guys who replaced him however he is associated with the bands best work. But then who's to say if Matt stayed in the band all along that Weezer wouldn't have gone down the downward spiral that they have? After all, Weezer is Cuomo's baby. And lets not forget Brian and Pat were essential to the groups 90s works as well.

I loved Matt, but as I get older, I think that Shriner is a better musician.
Definetly Mikey because he was always so hilarious in interviews and on stage also he was a great bass player, had a good sound and loads of good bass riffs especially live and with SS2K
No hesitation; Scott
I think I'm having a bad dream.
true that

Max Wolf said:
Took the words out of my mouth.

Wes Reding said:
In my opinion I think Scott is the best bass player. Just listen to all the bass lines in Maladroit. They're pretty awesome.  Mikey was pretty good, but seeing as how we only got to hear him on one album I don't really think we got to hear his full potential. Matt was good as well, he really had a presence about him on stage and he brought a lot to the table on the first two records. But as far as sheer talent goes, I think Scott is the best bassist.

I'm not a fan of Matt. He might have contributed, but he seemed like an arrogant jerk from what I've seen in interviews and live videos.

Mikey was hilarious and adorable, and great alongside Pat. It's a shame about what happened with him, but I think it's great he turned to art.

But, I choose Scott because he's humble and down to earth. Just a nice guy. He's been with Weezer the longest, and he's faithful to them. I have respect for him.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video