I just saw that The Rentals were playing at the same festival as Weezer this week, does anyone know if Matt will have a reunion with them after all this time and finally meet Scott?.

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's become pretty obvious that Rivers, for whatever reason, has no interest in working with Matt. It's not fair to blame Matt for the reunion not happening.
After Matt tried suing the band, yeah its understandable that Rivers doesn't want to work with Matt. Its interesting that they played on the same bill though.

Gohi said:
It's become pretty obvious that Rivers, for whatever reason, has no interest in working with Matt. It's not fair to blame Matt for the reunion not happening.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rivers-cuomo-we-ripped-off-t...

Check out the last two paragraphs. He dodges the question and makes excuses about not working with Matt (this was during his phase of collabing with anyone he wanted).

Digges you are one crazy head case man..............I really hope you just say crap for attention cause if not....wow. You've been personally asked by members of weezer not to spread rumors about things you obviously know nothing about.
exactly.

Gohi said:
Lewis, if Matt was all about the money i highly doubt he would've left Weezer in 96, or produced a full-length instrumental album with all proceeds going to the relief of Japan. Maybe look into things before you start saying garbage about people you've never met. Also, why would Matt go out on stage, totally impromptu, to play music that he hasn't played in over 10 years? Also, don't hate on Matt for the lawsuit, he had part in producing the album, and is even on the album, so if he wasn't getting paid, or barely getting paid anything, why wouldn't he file a lawsuit?

Lewis Digges said:
What would it have hurt for Matt just to come on stage for 10 minutes at least and done Undone and Say It Ain't So with the guys to break the ice so to speak? This would have been one of the biggest moments in Weezer history if that had of happened. But apparently apart from a photo taken of Matt, Pat and Karl together, Matt just doesn't want to be a part of Weezer anymore, so let's just face the facts about that one right now. And if he truly and fully appreciated Weezer he would have done us a favor and reunited on stage with the guys but it's all about the money with Matt and if there was money involved to put him on stage he would have been there both feet running.

kittens bieber ♥ said:
i'm so glad we have lewis to tell us exactly what everyone in this band is thinking.
I think the goal was memories, money and fans bro. You are obsessed with nothing. Who cares about them playing together dude? Rivers has an ego, Matt has an ego. I love Weezer, I like The Rentals. Leave it alone. If anything you should want some Matt influenced songs not them playing on stage for 4 minutes. You make me sad Lewis.
I really dont think there are ANY "grudges" being held against anyone. I just think things have changed in the past 15 years, those changes being, Matt Sharp has nothing to do with Weezer anymore, they have Scott now, i dont see why you think that an ex member of Weezer is on bad terms with Rivers just because he wont play on stage with him. Stop making things up and get used to the fact that Scott is the bassist of weezer, NOT matt. So please as i have said before....Shhh.

Lewis Digges said:

If Matt was really true to Weezer, then why did he refuse them when they did the second Island In The Sun video in 2001 and then in 2005 when they asked him to join the Make Believe tour playing guitar and once again he refused them. And yes, Rivers and Matt have had mini-reunions so to speak, the one where they dueted on some songs in 2004 in concert and then in 2005 when Matt was at Rivers' wedding but those really don't add up to the huge reunion that seems like everyone wants with Rivers, Pat, Brian and Matt all together again on stage. That could have happened yesterday but it didn't. Whose fault of Matt not joining them on stage for at least 10 to 15 minutes remains to be decided, could be Matt once again or it could be Rivers or a bit of both, who knows? And I don't know whether Rivers knew that Matt was playing in Japan yesterday so I don't know much if he even talked to Matt or not.

All I know is that life is way too short to hold any type of grudge against someone and I think that Rivers and Matt need to put aside their differences and they both need to man up here. What would it have hurt for Rivers to have asked Matt to join them on stage yesterday and play on a couple of songs? It would have been an ice breaker for sure and it would have surprised a lot of people in doing so.

Cameron Cannon said:

Lewis, if Matt was all about the money i highly doubt he would've left Weezer in 96, or produced a full-length instrumental album with all proceeds going to the relief of Japan. Maybe look into things before you start saying garbage about people you've never met. Also, why would Matt go out on stage, totally impromptu, to play music that he hasn't played in over 10 years? Also, don't hate on Matt for the lawsuit, he had part in producing the album, and is even on the album, so if he wasn't getting paid, or barely getting paid anything, why wouldn't he file a lawsuit?

Lewis Digges said:
What would it have hurt for Matt just to come on stage for 10 minutes at least and done Undone and Say It Ain't So with the guys to break the ice so to speak? This would have been one of the biggest moments in Weezer history if that had of happened. But apparently apart from a photo taken of Matt, Pat and Karl together, Matt just doesn't want to be a part of Weezer anymore, so let's just face the facts about that one right now. And if he truly and fully appreciated Weezer he would have done us a favor and reunited on stage with the guys but it's all about the money with Matt and if there was money involved to put him on stage he would have been there both feet running.

kittens bieber ♥ said:
i'm so glad we have lewis to tell us exactly what everyone in this band is thinking.

this is not true, lewis. pat and brian did approach matt about joining them for a show on the memories tour, but there was never any official offer from weezer. iirc, matt didn't turn them down at the time, but no solid plans were ever made, because rivers didn't express any interest in this reunion. the memories tour was not planned to bring matt back into the fold.

someone so obsessed with weezer should get his facts straight.

Lewis Digges said:

Weezer thought that the Memories tour was a perfect venue to get Matt back into the fold and that they asked him and once again he refused them on account that he wanted his own terms for his part in it. And wasn't it the original goal of Weezer doing the Memories tour was getting Matt back to play on the Blue and Pinkerton part of the show even if it was for one show or more?

Lewis, what are you talking about? Your making all this stuff up about Matt.

(Kittens, where did you hear that Pat and Brian approached him about this?)

had to do some digging to find it, and it turns out i wasn't entirely right.

it was from an interview rivers did with spin, and they asked him about the possibility of matt coming back for some shows. this only confirms that rivers had nothing to do with trying to bring matt back to play shows, not that part i said about brian and pat being involved, or matt even being asked. cut slack bros.

Weezer are hitting the road for the Memories Tour, where you'll perform The Blue Album and Pinkerton in its entirety. Has there been any discussion of original bassist Matt Sharp joining you for some gigs?
I think the idea came up, yeah.

What happened?
I think we left that idea behind pretty early on. I don't remember. I wasn't involved in the discussion so I don't know what the issues were.

http://www.spin.com/articles/rivers-cuomo-theres-so-much-pain-my-voice

I think some of you are stuck in 1997.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service