A quick background: I'm an old time fan (since I first heard Undone on the radio when I was 11 or 12) through now. On another band's forum, I started doing track by track reviews of albums (Velvet Underground for example) with the intention of doing the entire discography. Ratings go from 1-10, with 1 being the theoretical worst song possible and 10 being the theoretical best song possible. Please note that I have only given a handful of tracks a 10 rating in my life and there will eventually be a Weezer song that earns a 1 rating.

I'm all the way through Raditude so I figured I'd start posting them here to get a bit more harsh criticisms from more serious fans of the band. My goal was to assess each song on its merits, minimizing the amount of nostalgia that could bump up a rating.

Here's Blue:

1. My Name Is Jonas – 8. My name is Wepeel, got a box full of your toys. Fresh out of batteries, but they’re still making noise.
2. No One Else – 5. One of the weaker songs on the album. The chorus isn’t particularly special and the double track vocals definitely are deleterious. Still,
it has its charms such as the clever vocals on the second verse and
general exuberance. This one smoked live back in 95/96, but on record it leaves a bit
to be desired.
3. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here – 5. Another one that never did a lot for me. The lyrics are typical of the
more serious moments of the album which are simplistic yet heartfelt
which really sells it. Unfortunately, the melody isn’t all that strong
and there isn’t much of a shift in dynamics throughout the four
minutes. Not a bad song by any means.
4. Buddy Holly – 8. Buoyant pop rock synthesizers, falsetto vocals, pseudo-rap phrasing, clever lyrics, and hooks galore.
5. Undone – 8. Another generational classic. Key change guitar solo, falsetto 1-8 harmony, off kilter vocals. Unique yet oddly familiar.
6. Surf Wax America – 8. The band liked closing with this one because it's fast and everyone goes crazy. The break
down in the middle makes classic Weezer classic Weezer. Fun as hell.
7. Say It Ain’t So – 9. Everyone between the ages of 16 and 30 (if not a greater span) knows
this song. Angsty, depressing, and great. The vocal arrangement may be
less interesting than some of the other songs but I’ll be damned if the
1-8 falsetto harmony doesn’t make the first verse.
8. In the Garage –6. This is also one of the less memorable songs on its own but it is absolutely essential to the album. Written following the confidence boost Rivers got following landing the record deal. I like how the last chorus adds Brian's vocal and continues longer than the earlier choruses.
9. Holiday – 7. Another gem. The first half of the song is really just a set up for the
awesomeness and joy of the second half that follows another great
breakdown (hence it not being a solid 8). Excellent vocal arrangement
again.
10. Only In Dreams – 8. Eight minute epic closer. The chorus melody is nothing special, but
everything else is. This is simply about a guy that has a crush on a
girl and asks her to dance with him and she accepts. As cheesy as it
sounds, Rivers and co. completely sell it. “You say ‘It’s a good thing
that you float in the air (in the air). That way there’s no way I (I)
will (will) crush your pretty toenails into a thousand pieces.’” When
people say they miss Rivers writing good lyrics, they aren’t talking
about some kind of great poetry but simple lines like those that are
unobvious but completely evocative (and those awkward backing vocals
seal the deal). Of course I haven’t even mentioned the glorious
breakdown and build up and guitar orgy at the end.

B-Sides
Mykel and Carli – 8. Named after the original fan club presidents who died not too long
after this song was written in a car crash. Unfortunately, this makes
the lyrics “I had these two best friends, til the school bus came and
took my friends away” almost prescient. The song would have been a
welcome addition to the Blue Album proper. It tells a fictionalized
tale of Rivers and his friends Mykel and Carli. They gave him a hat and
the teacher took it away. The guitar solo is short but ever so sweet.
Great essential song.
Jamie – 7. There are two b-side versions. The first is an electric version that
was done for a student project before the blue album sessions hence the
sound not being quite as good as the blue album and the second is an
acoustic version. Both versions are equally great. A love song to their
lawyer with some typical off kilter lyrics for the period that the band
completely sells.
My Evaline – 6. Interesting four part harmony vocal exercise that’s less than a minute long.
Susanne – 7. Classic 6/8 Weezer in every sense. Harmonies, solos, metal band references all in a seemingly sincere ode to a lady.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which ones?

Andy C said:
wow. you give 2 of the best songs the album 5s.
Oh right.

Jamb is cool enough as the beginnings of a song. In other words, they needed to flesh it out as an instrumental to add some more variation to make it a solid composition.

Possibilities is a cool tune and I probably could have given it a 6. My main beef is the intro: I hate the backing vocals and they really needed to add an additional rhythm guitar or bring Brian up when that solo comes in because it just drops out. I'm just not fond of solos without a prominent rhythm guitar underneath. It sounds too bare. The hook and drive of the song are cool though.

j-biebs said:
well let's see, you gave exactly two songs a score of 5, so...

matedog said:
Which ones?

Andy C said:
wow. you give 2 of the best songs the album 5s.
Oh I meant TWHTALMH and No one Else on Blue album.
I have no beef with Possibilities getting a 5. I like Burndt Jamb, but prefer one of the demos to the album release. The "Move on Down that Highway" version if you know what I mean

Preface – Maladroit was released to good reviews and good commercial success. The subsequent tour saw them playing larger shows than ever before. This seemingly gave Rivers the sense to continue with the same momentum. That summer the album was released saw the band alternating between the road and back in the studio a mere two months after Maladroit’s release. And again, as six months prior, the band chose to post these new song demos on their website (an admirable practice that has yet catch on) for fan consumption. The songs that came about were not too far removed from the previous album. The band did show a less metal side with a more straight rock sound. The band also mixed it up by hiring a piano/organ player for a few sessions and they even rehearsed Brian Bell’s so so tune Yellow Camaro. Somewhere along the way, however, I believe Rivers realized what he was doing was too akin to the last two albums – banged out after a tour with minimal to no thought about lyrics and more settling for whatever came first. Sure enough, none of the 20+ songs from these sessions ever made it on to a subsequent Weezer album. Somewhat unfortunately, a few of these tunes had some fairly inspired melodies and/or arrangements, Hey Domingo and Fontana being good examples of this. Instead of a third album in as many years, the band took a break and Rivers went on a creative hiatus (though it seemed like he was in hibernation already).

Sometime during the hiatus, Rivers decided to get into meditation with Rick Rubin. It is my understanding that Rubin really tried to push Rivers’ writing in terms of subject matter and general approach to song creation. In a sense, the fifth album, Make Believe, appears to be Rivers most sincere attempt to return to his Blue/Pink songwriting glory. Let’s take a look.

1. Beverly Hills – 5. Ok, not exactly typifying the album’s attempt in serious song writing, this song is adequate enough as a simple, fairly catchy, and novel leadoff single. Hell there is even a talk box guitar solo. It’s not great, but it’s not terrible either.
2. Perfect Situation – 5. Possibly the most blatant attempt at a classic Weezer. It doesn’t succeed but it doesn’t fail miserably. Again another so so song. I like the piano on the verse but the chorus just isn’t that special. I like the guitar noodling in the beginning, but I just can’t get much out of the rest of the song.
3. This Is Such a Pity – 7. One of the better post-Pinkerton songs. This is an obvious new wave/Cars homage. There are plenty of good melodies and synths throughout to satisfy your power pop craving. Pitchfork’s scathing 0.4 grade review of the album said this song had a guitar solo ripped from the Top Gun soundtrack. And they say that like it’s a bad thing.
4. Hold Me – 6. Simple guitar and vocal intro leads into a loud, full chorus. A classic trick that was especially popular in the post-Pixies 90’s. In that sense, this song harkens back to that at least formula. This is really one I have a hard time defending because it’s so basic but they just kind of sell it for me.
5. Peace – 4. The chorus is alright. The verse is forgettable. I don’t have to say much about the rest other than it is decent but forgettable.
6. We Are All On Drugs – 2. Dopey lyrics, bad melody. There is really nothing redeeming about the song. Spared from a 1 because it’s not “Heart Songs” bad.
7. The Damage to Your Heart – 7. I actually kind of like this one. The melodies are strong, including the two phase chorus which is really a nice touch. And the viola at the end which is rather superfluous but something different at least.
8. Pardon Me – 3. This song is about meditation and penance. So hey, Rivers is writing personal again! But who cares about that s***? Also the melodies suck. I can’t rate it as low as Drugs because it isn’t as stupid.
9. My Best Friend – 3. I like how the beginning sounds like a Springsteen song. At least with the instrumentation (organ, glockenspiel). Unfortunately this song again lacks a memorable melody and the lyrics are as generic as the title suggests. Supposedly written for the Shrek 2 soundtrack, perhaps they had more quality control than Weezer.
10. The Other Way – 7. This one is a winner in the melody department. A 2-phase verse, both memorable, leads to a pleasant chorus with some basic, but effective Rivers/Brian harmonies. The bridge is not much of a departure melodically, but drop out of the instruments and the oh so awesome clap track are a nice touch. Great altering of the vocal arrangement on the last chorus.
11. Freak Me Out – 7. This is one I shouldn’t like as much as I do. With its sparse harmonic (I think that’s the guitar technique) riff and arrangement, it sounds nothing like any other song in their catalog. The lyrics manage to mix generic, but effective romanticism “city streets at night…to the morning light” with just self improvement meditative crap “I’m going to improve my manners…everyone is my friend.” This also marks the return of the harmonica for the first time since the Blue Album (well, technically Mykel and Carli on a blue album b-side) which gave me an instant Weezer b**** the first time I heard it. I also like Brian’s added harmony at the last chorus.
12. Haunt You Everyday – 3. Supposedly Rick Rubin told Rivers to write a song on the piano and he came up with this. Another completely forgettable tune. I guess this is keeping in line with their album closing ballads? Either way, it’s weak in the exact same way every other weak song on this album is weak. That’s three weaks in one sentence.

Conclusion: It seems to me that the band and Rivers were really taking strides to make more serious music after the last two albums. After their metal phase, they began to experiment more with instrumentation while keeping the same general verse-chorus formula. Furthermore Rick Rubin really pushed Rivers to not be so completely generic and nonsensical in his lyrical content. Unfortunately when he went with this, he just wrote about self improvement with vague references to meditation. Who really wants to hear about that? When this album works, it’s very enjoyable, when it doesn’t, it bores me to tears without the spineless but tuneful hooks of the Green album.
um anyone who writes this much about the blue album probably can't appreciate it. i swallow it whole, like sugar in my tea, give it a 10 or 5 or 7 i dont give a f*** i smoke it in my sleep
I absolutely love the blue album. My cd is beat to s*** from listening to it so much over the last fifteen years. I also own the special edition as well as a copy on vinyl. What I was trying to do with this is take a step back and analyze these as songs not as "songs on one of the albums I cherish deeply." Because let's face it, to a non-weezer fan, "No One Else" is probably considered an okay song. Certainly nowhere near the level of "Like a Rolling Stone" or "Be My Baby."

Snickers Snickers said:
um anyone who writes this much about the blue album probably can't appreciate it. i swallow it whole, like sugar in my tea, give it a 10 or 5 or 7 i dont give a f*** i smoke it in my sleep
You are overanalyzing, treating each track with an expectation that it should be single, rather than a part of something which is called "album rock" comparing modern-day album tracks to all-time genre-defining cornerstones, and basically making a whole mess of music criticism. You will deny all of this because you seem to think a lot and be self righteous. Nevertheless, this is what you're doing. If you like the Blue Album, then like it, and don't disrespect it by prying so far into it that you're turning it into something else. Pop music was made to be digested, not admired like fine cuisine. So stop f****** getting all into yourself and your opinions because the only reason why people care is cause you spent so much damn time acting like a fool. im gonna listen to enema of the state now just to spite you.

matedog said:
I absolutely love the blue album. My cd is beat to s*** from listening to it so much over the last fifteen years. I also own the special edition as well as a copy on vinyl. What I was trying to do with this is take a step back and analyze these as songs not as "songs on one of the albums I cherish deeply." Because let's face it, to a non-weezer fan, "No One Else" is probably considered an okay song. Certainly nowhere near the level of "Like a Rolling Stone" or "Be My Baby."

Snickers Snickers said:
For sure I'm overanalyzing, but that's the point. I think 98% of the people here agree that Blue and Pinkerton are terrific, exemplary albums, perfect or near perfect albums. Blue is probably in my top 3 favorite albums of all time and I own probably close to 500 albums.

I really just want to do track reviews. Where else can I discuss Burnt Jamb with any level of depth? We all know all these songs and I'm more interested in looking into the post-pinkerton years.

Snickers Snickers said:
You are overanalyzing, treating each track with an expectation that it should be single, rather than a part of something which is called "album rock" comparing modern-day album tracks to all-time genre-defining cornerstones, and basically making a whole mess of music criticism. You will deny all of this because you seem to think a lot and be self righteous. Nevertheless, this is what you're doing. If you like the Blue Album, then like it, and don't disrespect it by prying so far into it that you're turning it into something else. Pop music was made to be digested, not admired like fine cuisine. So stop f****** getting all into yourself and your opinions because the only reason why people care is cause you spent so much damn time acting like a fool. im gonna listen to enema of the state now just to spite you.

matedog said:

Snickers Snickers said:
Just reread this portion and I will have to disagree. Great pop music is fine art. The greatest songs can be admired on superficial level or an thesis-level analysis.

Also I'm not sure how I came across as being pompous. I have welcomed everyone's agreements and disagreements on my ratings. It's called discussion.

And listening to Enema of the State to spite me? Sorry, but I enjoy plenty of music that is as bad or worse than Blink 182.

Snickers Snickers said:
Pop music was made to be digested, not admired like fine cuisine. So stop f****** getting all into yourself and your opinions because the only reason why people care is cause you spent so much damn time acting like a fool. im gonna listen to enema of the state now just to spite you.

matedog said:

Snickers Snickers said:
Nobody said you came across as "pompous", that would imply that you have something to be "pompous" about. You come across as self-absorbed and over-analytical. As for your "Great pop music is fine art", then what is non-great pop music? Non-fine art? Is rap considered great pop music? How about Louie, Louie by the Kingsmen. That song is three chords in repetition. That is considered a classic. Is that "fine art"? I don't know what you're getting at except that you talk a whole lot and your words feel a lot like rotting stuffing. Now in a few words - I give you my favorite review of the Blue Album. "If, as Howard Hawks said, a good movie consists of three great scenes and no bad ones, it could be extrapolated that a good record contains three great songs and no bad ones -- in that case, Weezer is a record with at least six or seven great songs and no bad ones. That makes for a great record, but more than that, it's a great record emblematic of its time, standing as one of the defining albums of the '90s." - Stephen Thomas Erlewine. Do you like that? He just shat all over your theoretical analytical theory-aneuyerisms.

matedog said:
Just reread this portion and I will have to disagree. Great pop music is fine art. The greatest songs can be admired on superficial level or an thesis-level analysis.

Also I'm not sure how I came across as being pompous. I have welcomed everyone's agreements and disagreements on my ratings. It's called discussion.

And listening to Enema of the State to spite me? Sorry, but I enjoy plenty of music that is as bad or worse than Blink 182.

Snickers Snickers said:
Pop music was made to be digested, not admired like fine cuisine. So stop f****** getting all into yourself and your opinions because the only reason why people care is cause you spent so much damn time acting like a fool. im gonna listen to enema of the state now just to spite you.

matedog said:

Snickers Snickers said:
Across The Sea (98.28%)
Say It Ain't So (98.09%)
Only In Dreams (97.87%)
Falling For You (97.26%)
The Good Life (97.05%)
Buddy Holly (96.66%)
Susanne (96.21%)
El Scorcho (96.01%)
You Gave Your Love To Me Softly (95.90%)
Longtime Sunshine (Demo) (95.83%)
My Name Is Jonas (95.32%)
Holiday (95.21%)
You Gave Your Love To Me Softly (Soundtrack Version) (95.04%)
Pink Triangle (94.85%)
Tired of Sex (94.73%)
Devotion (94.71%)
I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams (93.48%)
Blast Off!/Who You Callin' B****? (93.18%)
Undone (The Sweater Song) (93.13%)
Pig (Demo) (92.90%)
No One Else (92.29%)
Waiting On You (92.23%)
Jamie (91.69%)
The World Has Turned and Left Me Here (91.40%)
Butterfly (91.28%)
Walt Disney (91.11%)
You Won't Get With Me Tonight (90.82%)
Superfriend (90.31%)
Pig (90.07%)
Why Bother? (90.00%)

Miss Sweeney (89.99%)
Rosemary (89.63%)
Mykel & Carli (89.40%)
Lover In The Snow (88.95%)
In The Garage (87.84%)
The Purification Of Water (87.52%)
Autumn In Jayne (87.34%)
I'll Think About You (86.73%)
Hot Tub (86.10%)
Wanda, You're My Only Love (85.95%)
Surf Wax America (85.89%)
Hey M' Darlin' (85.58%)
Fun Time (85.56%)
No Other One (85.42%)
I Don't Want To Let You Go (Demo) (85.07%)
Getchoo (84.13%)
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (83.91%)
Baby (83.80%)
Run Away (83.51%)
Can't Stop Partying (Demo) (82.87%)
My Brain Is Workin' Overtime (82.83%)
Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me (82.22%)
1,000 Years (82.20%)
Chess (82.05%)
Sheila Can Do It (81.93%)
Unspoken (81.71%)
American Girls (81.65%)
Crazy One (81.07%)
Let's Sew Our Pants Together (81.00%)
I Can Love (80.66%)
Lullaby For Wayne (80.65%)
Perfect Situation (80.65%)
Everybody Wants A Chance To Feel All Alone (80.58%)
The Prettiest Girl In The Whole Wide World (80.39%)
I Was Made For You (80.16%)

Run Over By A Truck (79.37%)
I Don't Want To Let You Go (Album Version) (79.11%)
Pork And Beans (79.02%)
The Angel And The One (78.84%)
O-Girl (78.65%)
Time Flies (78.57%)
Hang On (78.48%)
Hash Pipe (78.38%)
Paperface (Full Band Version) (78.38%)
Island In The Sun (78.13%)
Ruling Me (77.80%)
Private Message (77.25%)
Broken Arrows (77.04%)
Don't Let Go (AOL Version) (76.88%)
Trippin' Down The Freeway (76.82%)
Burndt Jamb (76.81%)
The Christmas Song (76.58%)
The Story Of My Life (76.48%)
Cold And Damp (76.11%)
Paperface (Home Demo) (76.08%)
High Up Above (Organ Version) (75.98%)
O Girlfriend (75.00%)
I Swear It's True (Blue Era Version) (74.71%)
The Organ Player (74.51%)
Mad Kow (Summer Songs Of 2000 Version) (74.47%)
Mad Kow (EA5D Version) (74.35%)
Photograph (74.34%)
Dreamin' (74.30%)
I Was Scared (73.98%)
High Up Above (Maladroit Version) (73.81%)
Don't Let Go (73.74%)
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To (73.34%)
Sunshine O (73.23%)
Hey Domingo! (73.17%)
Sandwiches Time (73.09%)
This Is Such A Pity (72.98%)
We Go Together (HBO Reverb Version) (72.92%)
Haunt You Everyday (71.85%)
The Prettiest Girl In The Whole Wide World (Demo) (71.60%)
The Other Way (71.53%)
367 (70.82%)
So Low (70.62%)
Lemonade (70.61%)
Peace And Quiet (70.50%)
We Go Together (Studio Version) (70.47%)
Preacher's Son (70.42%)

Hold Me (69.90%)
It's Easy (69.85%)
Prodigy Lover (69.17%)
Faith In The Light (69.10%)
Cygnus X-1 (68.75%)
Fall Together (68.67%)
Starlight (68.62%)
All My Friends Are Insects (68.57%)
Peace (68.51%)
Smile (68.46%)
Slob (Summer Songs Of 2000 Version) (68.37%)
Slob (68.31%)
I Want To Be Something (68.22%)
Keep Fishin' (Single Version) (67.87%)
Dope Nose (67.84%)
Dope Nose (Summer Songs Of 2000 Version) (67.78%)
Living Without You (67.69%)
Too Late To Try (67.64%)
I Want To Take You Home Tonight (67.48%)
Slave (67.43%)
Modern Dukes (Summer Songs of 2000 Version) (67.26%)
Teenage Victory Song (67.08%)
Superstar (Summer Songs of 2000 Version) (67.04%)
Cryin' And Lonely (66.76%)
Don't Pick On Me (66.36%)
Superstar (EA5D Version) (66.30%)
Modern Dukes (EA5D Version) (66.19%)
The Spider (65.99%)
Simple Pages (65.85%)
Knock-Down Drag-Out (65.74%)
Death & Destruction (65.44%)
The Underdogs (64.83%)
Pardon Me (64.73%)
Trainwrecks (64.27%)
December (64.10%)
The Damage In Your Heart (63.85%)
Keep Fishin' (63.72%)
Saturday Night (63.64%)
She Who Is Militant (64.04%)
I Need Some Touch (63.33%)
Your Sister (63.00%)
Running Man (62.59%)
Put Me Back Together (62.48%)
My Day Is Coming (62.34%)
Island In The Sun (Demo) (62.27%)
Brightening Day (62.21%)
The Victor (62.11%)
I Do (62.02%)
Queen Of Earth (61.97%)
Let It All Hang Out (61.20%)
The Dawn (60.82%)
Lullaby (60.73%)
Glorious Day (60.69%)
Love Explosion (60.32%)
Smart Girls (60.31%)
Always (60.11%)
New Joint (60.00%)

Untenable (59.65%)
Brave New World (59.59%)
Take Control (59.52%)
Fontana (58.68%)
King (58.52%)
I Hear Bells (58.14%)
I'll Stay Right Here (57.97%)
Beverly Hills (57.95%)
On The Edge (57.93%)
The Girl Got Hot (57.60%)
Can't Stop Partying (56.54%)
I'm Your Daddy (56.34%)
Heart Songs (56.56%)
Mr. Taxman (56.42%)
Yellow Camaro (56.30%)
Little Sister (55.72%)
Listen Up (55.56%)
Thought I Knew (55.43%)
Crab (55.27%)
Memories (54.63%)
Troublemaker (54.44%)
Booby Trap (54.35%)
American Gigolo (53.88%)
Ev'ry Nite (53.57%)
Diamond Rings (53.39%)
Seafaring Jamb (53.32%)
How Long? (53.18%)
Little Songs (52.57%)
Sugar Booger (52.55%)
Freak Me Out (52.45%)
Turn Me 'Round (52.19%)
Misstep (51.88%)
Automatic (51.33%)
Mansion Of Cardboard (50.57%)
Sacrifice (50.32%)

Acapulco (Maladroit Version) (49.17%)
Where's My Sex? (48.93%)
Acapulco (EA5D Version) (48.83%)
Comin' Home (Left My Broken Heart In Carolina) (48.25%)
Represent (Single Version) (47.92%)
The Rat Race (46.88%)
Mo' Beats (46.22%)
Love Is The Answer (Laid Back Mix) (45.78%)
Everybody Go Away (45.10%)
Everybody Get Dangerous (44.54%)
Ain't Got Much Time (44.41%)
Possibilities (44.22%)
Oh Lisa (43.81%)
Christmas Celebration (43.42%)
Space Rock (43.22%)
I Don't Want Your Loving (Demo) (42.70%)
Can't Stop Partying (Coconut Teaser Mix) (42.67%)
Represent (Rocked Out Mix) (41.99%)
I Wanna Know (41.40%)
Porcupine (40.78%)
We Are All On Drugs (40.51%)

Your Room (39.89%)
Get Me Some (39.77%)
Change The World (39.67%)
In The Mall (38.57%)
My Best Friend (37.23%)
Love Is The Answer (Album Version) (36.35%)
Serendipity (33.87%)
The Story Is Wrong (32.58%)
Zep Jamb (32.58%)

This Is The Way (29.53%)
Cold Dark World (25.82%)
Reason To Worry (24.50%)
Cold Dark World (Rivers Lead Vocals) (22.19%)

/thread
I always thought self importance was a characteristic of pomposity, but whatever.

I think we're getting into a murky situation when we dig into defining musical genres and how they overlap and how they relate to art and fine art. When I used the term "fine art," I equated it with "great art." So according to that, yes the Kingsmen's version of Louie Louie is great (or fine) art. Plenty of hip hop/rap songs would fall into that category too. I'll stick to the term "great art" from here on out.

And hey, that's a great review of the album. And I basically agree with it. But this is a message board, so let's keep exchanging thoughts and opinions.

Snickers Snickers said:
Nobody said you came across as "pompous", that would imply that you have something to be "pompous" about. You come across as self-absorbed and over-analytical. As for your "Great pop music is fine art", then what is non-great pop music? Non-fine art? Is rap considered great pop music? How about Louie, Louie by the Kingsmen. That song is three chords in repetition. That is considered a classic. Is that "fine art"? I don't know what you're getting at except that you talk a whole lot and your words feel a lot like rotting stuffing. Now in a few words - I give you my favorite review of the Blue Album. "If, as Howard Hawks said, a good movie consists of three great scenes and no bad ones, it could be extrapolated that a good record contains three great songs and no bad ones -- in that case, Weezer is a record with at least six or seven great songs and no bad ones. That makes for a great record, but more than that, it's a great record emblematic of its time, standing as one of the defining albums of the '90s." - Stephen Thomas Erlewine. Do you like that? He just shat all over your theoretical analytical theory-aneuyerisms.

matedog said:

Snickers Snickers said:

matedog said:

Snickers Snickers said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service