I'm not sure if this topic has been posted before... But I'm just wondering. 
Maladroit or Pinkerton?

Both albums were recorded and released at a time where nobody knew where Weezer was going with their music.
Pinkerton spawned songs like Pink Triangle, El Scorcho, and the Good Life where as Maladroit spawned songs like Keep Fishin', Slave, and Dope Nose.

I like Pinkerton myself...

Tags: Maladroit, Pinkerton, Weezer, choose, etc, pick, rivahs, vote

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i REALLY like Maladroit...
Maladroits quite the underrated album indeed! Ive often thought there was some similarities between the two in some songs..more so i reckon in the raw-ish messy production sound.

But pound for pound we know the answer, agreeing with you that Pink is far superior. Slob is a great song tho, but preferred the ss2k version!
I think the only reason why Maladroit was underrated because it didn't have very good singles... But yeah I compared the two albums together by that raw sound.

Mike sampier said:
Maladroits quite the underrated album indeed! Ive often thought there was some similarities between the two in some songs..more so i reckon in the raw-ish messy production sound. But pound for pound we know the answer, agreeing with you that Pink is far superior. Slob is a great song tho, but preferred the ss2k version!
Pinkerton. But Maladroit is my favorite post-Pink album.

elscorcho said:
Are we really having this conversation? Pinkerton is easily the Band's best output, one of the greatest albums of ALL TIME. I like Maladroit, but come on.
I like maladroit

But pinkerton is much better. 

they are equally awesome to me.  I really didn't like Pinkerton when my little 12 year old ears heard it for the first time.  I didn't start liking it until late in High School - around when the Green Album came out.

I feel much more invested in Maladroit.  I was active on the boards in early '02 when =w= was putting up 20 some demos a day, and we could give feedback straight to Rivers.

Agreed.

Paperface said:
Maladroit was the album that made me fall in love with weezer, and was the first album I bought with my own money. Pinkerton however is my favorite album of all time. Its a really difficult choice for me, because they both are extremely special to me in different ways.
ditto

The dreWid said:
I like maladroit

But pinkerton is much better. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…