If the lyrics had been a little more thought out, I believe Maladroit could've been amazing. Musically, it's fantastic. Some really fantastic songs musically on here, D&D, Slob, Dope Nose, Love Explosion.. I just wish Rivers had put more time into the lyrics. It would've been fantastic. And River's guitar solos are spot on..

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

to each his own

Danni Toft said:
i gotta disagree, i never got to like it..
idk i'm a guitar player so for me i can really appreciate the music a lot on maladroit, but i can't try to change someone's mind lol

Danni Toft said:
true

Rob Ferzan said:
to each his own

Danni Toft said:
i gotta disagree, i never got to like it..
A lot of Maladroit isn't clever guitar wankery though, it's just simple, sloppy scale shredding. I mean, sure, Rivers' technique is spot on so they do sound better than they are, but from a compositional standpoint, all of Maladroit pales in comparison to the sweet technical solos that were found on Pinkerton or Blue.
i never said maladroit had better guitar licks than blue or pinkerton, i just said i really like the guitar riffs.

Jamekae said:
A lot of Maladroit isn't clever guitar wankery though, it's just simple, sloppy scale shredding. I mean, sure, Rivers' technique is spot on so they do sound better than they are, but from a compositional standpoint, all of Maladroit pales in comparison to the sweet technical solos that were found on Pinkerton or Blue.
i love maladroit. simple scale shredding or not.
Key word- had.

The radio edit of Keep Fishin was better, the SS2k versions of Slob were better, and Sandwiches Time didn't make it on to the album, but Possibilities did.

WTF?
Ya its a great album! and it is very fun to play along with on guitar and add you're own solos and licks,
I like Possibilities better than Sandwiches Time. I dont think i like falcetto very much

OnlyinPinkerton said:
Key word- had.

The radio edit of Keep Fishin was better, the SS2k versions of Slob were better, and Sandwiches Time didn't make it on to the album, but Possibilities did.

WTF?
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt???????????

Indiekid said:
I like Possibilities better than Sandwiches Time. I dont think i like falcetto very much

OnlyinPinkerton said:
Key word- had.

WTF?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video