I think Maladroit is a really under rated album.  To me I think it is as good as blue and pink.  Where green was more polished I like how maladroit kind of has a raw edge to it.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, even songs like Death and Destruction seem to be overlooked by many people.
i very much dislike maladroit
2 awesome song, 3 goods songs, and 8 mediocre songs. I'd consider it a good album, but it's probably my least favorite album by them.
Which are which?

Sean_e_b said:
2 awesome song, 3 goods songs, and 8 mediocre songs. I'd consider it a good album, but it's probably my least favorite album by them.
I very much enjoy Maladroit. I've never been able to get into Death and Destruction though.

The dreWid said:
Which are which?

Sean_e_b said:

Awesome: December / Burndt Jam (lyrics may not be much, but the instrumentation is so soothing)
Good: Keep Fishin' / Death and Destruction / Possibilities

Dope Nose and American Gigolo are alright too, but the other songs are mostly background noise for me.
It's underrated sure, but anything can be underrated, even if it was given a fair chance, its still not that good of an album...
Maladroit is amazing IMO. But NOT AS GOOD AS BLUE AND PINKERTON. It's lyrics are much worse than either, so there's that, but otherwise I agree.
I love how Maladroit sounds, it has a rawness and aggression to it that is second only to Pinkerton imo. Sounds fantastic with the volume pumped up.

I like every track on the album and the large majority of the demos that came out at that time. It really was a creatively productive period for the band.
The best album is Pinkerton. The best individual songs on an album is on Blue. The most interesting album is Maladroit and I enjoy interesting albums. Red is their most experimental album, by Weezer standards. Raditude, Make Believe and Green are great pop albums. Hurley is my least favorite album at the moment. DTFM is pretty boring, but it's allright.
If you like TGA more than Maladroit, you're wrong. Bottom line.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video