Am I the only one who, as a Weezer fan, feels a certain sense of victory every time you hear "Magic" during a TV show or on the radio?  It's B.O.B.'s song, but like Travie McCoy's "Billionaire", the song is remembered more for it's chorus than the song itself.  I heard it last night during New Year's Eve Live and just thought to myself, "Ha, yeah now everyone knows how awesome Rivers and Weezer really are."  So yeah, big ups to Rivers for a smash hit outside of Weezer which will more than likely generate a whole lot of interest for Weezer's next album like "Billionaire" sky rocketed Bruno Mars' career.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me! Me! Me! They played it during the Carson Daly New Year's Eve thing and it was right before they went to a commercial break and they only played Rivers part. I probably seemed like a nerd to my husband but I was like "RIVERS!!!!!!" and did a fist pump in the air and was like "WOOOO!!" haha! Even my husband loves that song.

Oh I just read that you heard it during the new year's eve thing too... haha... well, yea, we heard it in the same place.

hahaha i've realised too. it's even everywhere here in Australia. i'm like to my friends "hey you know who this is? it's Rivers Cuomo. you know what band he's in? WEEZER! you know who's favourite band is Weezer?!!"
Yeah, but sadly, I don't think this will do much because people don't like real music these days. They like autotune electropop false rap bieber music.
this.

The dreWid said:
Yeah, but sadly, I don't think this will do much because people don't like real music these days. They like autotune electropop false rap bieber music.
So true!

The dreWid said:
Rivers is very capable of doing this, as you know. lol
Thinking maybe he'd do this type of thing as Keebie (if that's still his working name) and keep this style out of Weezer.

The dreWid said:
I still think his working name should be Kwivers... haha!!

David Stepp said:
Thinking maybe he'd do this type of thing as Keebie (if that's still his working name) and keep this style out of Weezer.

The dreWid said:
LOL I love how he always changes his Facebook name. Imo, "Kwo-Mo" is the best aha

jKlein said:
I still think his working name should be Kwivers... haha!!

David Stepp said:

The dreWid said:
Yeah, and if anything, Rivers made a song called "Baby" before Bieber did anyways...it's much better. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drR1AEMDjVc

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:

have you listened to weezer lately?

p sure they've covered everything in that list except bieber.

The dreWid said:

Yeh I'm glad it's popular. Almost everyone I know has the song and it has 'ft. Rivers Cuomo' next to the song title. Then I can say: you know the song Magic? You know Rivers Cuomo? He's the lead singer of my fav band.
OMG YYES. THE.Y DIID I DIDnT. NOTISE THT TIL. JUST NOWW OMG!!.!!! (but at least they don't do it a lot)

The dreWid said:

That was a clever statement.

The dreWid said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video