I don't normally do this, but I met a girl at the show on friday at Roseland, I asked her to take a photo of my and my friend infront of the stage with the band behind us. She took two photos for us. Then last night I ran into the same girl and she remembered me. I was hoping to ask her to dance during Pinkerton but I lost her once people started moshing during Getchoo.

Anyway, in a lame attempt at trying to get in touch with her again I' m posting this message in the hopes that she might come across this and reply.

So if you're reading this please let me know.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good luck finding her dude 

Good luck and May the Force Be With You.

Ermm...  I really think you don't know what you're talking about.  "Looked" can also mean visually, you looked at the band.  There is a band.  I looked at it.  My eyes.  Looked.  Pointed.  At.  The Band.  I saw them.   Perfectly acceptable grammar, you basically embarrassed yourself for not understanding it.  LOLiwinyoulose

And you clearly don't know anything about songwriting if you have to criticize this.  Rivers said, "'t'ain't gonna do no good"... in "Crab".  Do you think that's good grammar?  No.  But it works with the song.  It's his vernacular, and it fit the rhythm.  If you seriously have to question mine and call yourself a Weezer fan, then I don't know what to tell you.  You are clearly uneducated.

Samuel Marzioli said:

"Look" sometimes has temporal implications.  You don't "look" for hours on end, you "look for the source of the sound," or "looked to the left before crossing the street."  Look has more in common with glance than anything else.  The term that implies receiving visual input for extended periods of time is "watch," which has more in common with saw than the other terms previously mentioned.  Look it up.  As the song writer we're quoting might say, "Dictionary are your friend."

And brother, I know about song writing.  A song writer only says it "ain't about grammar" when they butcher the English language because they can't seem to write it in ways that avoid mistakes.  Poetic license is one thing.  English r*** is quite another and "Could be just another more missed shot" is English r***. 

As for the stalky, weirdness of this thread, I'll say it again.  Just because the Vampire Edward does it, doesn't make it right.  As for sincere, so was Charles Manson.

Radioactive said:

How is "I looked at the band" bad language?  Son, you gotta learn something about song writing...  It's not always about grammar.  And I'm a Grammar Nazi so trust me, I know.  Sometimes it's vernacular and getting the words to fit the tune.  Check back at like 3rd grade English class.

And yeah, I know it sounds kinda stalkerish, but it's kinda a stalkerish situation... It's alright!  I mean, that girl could take it either way.  I think it's a tainted view of innocent...  Like "Across the Sea".  Of course no one means anyone harm and no one wants to sound creepy, but through the story and song it kinda comes off that the guy was more interested in the girl than vice-versa.

And no, it's not HSM, it's Raditude.  It reminds me of "The Girl Got Hot" or something.  It's not deep.  But it's fun and sincere.

I think it's funny how some people on here claim, "I know song writing".  You may know structure or received a music degree from an accredited university, but who else on here besides Rivers and Co. have a top 40 hit song?

If some of these posters do actually have a hit song, then please post your band on here.....and claiming to be in the 80's hair band, Nelson, won't cut it.  Commercial jingles will also count as hit songs.

about the grammer, look at Death Cab for Cutie; all of Ben Gibbard's songs seem to be written in complete sentences.  This is really talented of him, but also leaves me lacking in the raw, intense, emotion that I feel from it.  I get far more enjoyment out of hearing River's grunt, or singing "t'aint" like he did in "Crab".

Radioactive is completely correct in saying, "whatever fits the song".  But it can be taken to far...."Like a G6" is a perfect example (or maybe I just don't get the reference there).  Lady GaGa is another good example of how to not use proper english words, "ra ma, oo la la" maybe a secretive illumanati chant, or it could just be her making sounds with her mouth, but whatever, it helps make the song, "Bad Romance", what it is.

grammer eh

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

about the grammer, look at Death Cab for Cutie; all of Ben Gibbard's songs seem to be written in complete sentences.  This is really talented of him, but also leaves me lacking in the raw, intense, emotion that I feel from it.  I get far more enjoyment out of hearing River's grunt, or singing "t'aint" like he did in "Crab".

Radioactive is completely correct in saying, "whatever fits the song".  But it can be taken to far...."Like a G6" is a perfect example (or maybe I just don't get the reference there).  Lady GaGa is another good example of how to not use proper english words, "ra ma, oo la la" maybe a secretive illumanati chant, or it could just be her making sounds with her mouth, but whatever, it helps make the song, "Bad Romance", what it is.

not always....but having a lot of people like/buy your material helps verify that you are a good song writer....but, "good" is always in the eye of the beholder and "good" can also mean not just writing one good song, but many.

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
so the only great songwriters are those that can pump out top 40 hit songs?

I think it's funny how some people on here claim, "I know song writing".  You may know structure or received a music degree from an accredited university, but who else on here besides Rivers and Co. have a top 40 hit song?

If some of these posters do actually have a hit song, then please post your band on here.....and claiming to be in the 80's hair band, Nelson, won't cut it.  Commercial jingles will also count as hit songs.

rivers said this was songworthy...

once i had a girls number written on my hand and i was so convinced that maybe i would marry this girl. my brain ran wild with "what ifs" for our future. we really hit it off and it just felt right, i was in a bad place and she was just what i needed. i thought about taking her out to dinner, sitting with her in bed, bringing her flowers, comforting her. i ended up whacking off later, (probably to thoughts of her) unknowingly destroying the number on my hand. directly from my stupid carnal thoughtless lust i had erased the love of my dreams from my life. i never saw her again.

it's funny looking back at it but at the time i was devastated

that should be a song

we'll see if they can repeat. 

thanks for always being here to reply to posts, kittens

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

so those kids that wrote that "like a g6" song are good songwriters? they must be...it's a hit.

not always....but having a lot of people like/buy your material helps verify that you are a good song writer....but, "good" is always in the eye of the beholder and "good" can also mean not just writing one good song, but many.

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

just as much as anyone else on here (excluding the obvious)

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
ah, so you actually have no clue about songwriting then.

we'll see if they can repeat. 

thanks for always being here to reply to posts, kittens

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

so those kids that wrote that "like a g6" song are good songwriters? they must be...it's a hit.

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

Lol.  It should be.

Jeremy said:

once i had a girls number written on my hand and i was so convinced that maybe i would marry this girl. my brain ran wild with "what ifs" for our future. we really hit it off and it just felt right, i was in a bad place and she was just what i needed. i thought about taking her out to dinner, sitting with her in bed, bringing her flowers, comforting her. i ended up whacking off later, (probably to thoughts of her) unknowingly destroying the number on my hand. directly from my stupid carnal thoughtless lust i had erased the love of my dreams from my life. i never saw her again.

that should be a song

Actually, I think I'm gonna start writing it

placemats said:
Lol.  It should be.

Jeremy said:

that should be a song

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service