I don't normally do this, but I met a girl at the show on friday at Roseland, I asked her to take a photo of my and my friend infront of the stage with the band behind us. She took two photos for us. Then last night I ran into the same girl and she remembered me. I was hoping to ask her to dance during Pinkerton but I lost her once people started moshing during Getchoo.

Anyway, in a lame attempt at trying to get in touch with her again I' m posting this message in the hopes that she might come across this and reply.

So if you're reading this please let me know.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, this really has taken on a life of it's own. Uh, I'm a litlle embarrassed now to be honest, but cheers for the support. I was full sure I'd get some abuse off people for this. I put an ad up on craigslist but nothings worked.

This is adorable, i hope you find her! have you tried other Weezer forums? 

if not, maybe she'll be at the next NYC Weezer show! 

Supes said:

Wow, this really has taken on a life of it's own. Uh, I'm a litlle embarrassed now to be honest, but cheers for the support. I was full sure I'd get some abuse off people for this. I put an ad up on craigslist but nothings worked.
I am America and i approve this message. Rivers, help this guy out man, give this thread priority so when ever someone comes on to the forums its the first thing they see...also im digign this possible song guyz, keep it up :)
This just looks like stalker s*** to me.  Even in the era of Twilight the reality is chicks don't like obsession.  Move on.  Date chicks in your town.

awwwrh , hope you find her and if she see this she will fall in love the cutest thing i have ever seen :)

don't think it will be that hard writing a song about seems that people have wrote some for you :)

Rivers Cuomo said:

Indeed.  this is song worthy!  Good luck.

I restructured your song to give it a better flow and beat.  I certainly hope I didn't ruin your vision, but I thought I'd give some pointers while keeping as many lyrics and the essence of your song as possible.   I actually imagined it being a kind of variation on Brian's song "Will I Ever See Her Again?" by the Relationship.  Not that I could write anything like that, but I'm just saying, that song was stuck in my head at the time :0)

I don't believe in love at first sight

And I only known this girl for one night

This will sound crazy

Sorry, I know

I'm in love with a girl

Found her at a rock show

CHORUS

Gone and lost her, looking for a girl

She drives me wild and she makes my head whirl

We shared a moment, shared a joke

Shared a laugh and shared a smoke

Then I gone and lost a girl

I looked at the band 'cause it's rude to stare

But when I looked back, you were not there

Did I say something wrong?

Should have danced to a song

Maybe next time

I can't find her, think she's here?

Could be far or very near

Think it's crazy but I might

Want to take her home tonight

Now I gone and lost a girl

Where are you, baby, when I thought you're there

You're gone again, lost in the smoky air

Lost in the crowd

In vain I called out loud

Now I gone and lost a girl

CHORUS

CHORUS

BRIDGE

Does she even remember me?

'Cause I don't even know her name

Is it us that's caught up in destiny

Or me that's just insane?

Could be just another more missed shot

But I'll die inside, please God, I hope not

Please help me guys 'cause she's all I got

This song is starting to sound like some Camp Rock / High School Musical tune. Or better yet, a song that these guys would play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SNOAcD3ak

I was thinking more of a rock band where English is their second language. 

"And I only known..."

"... I gone and lost her"

"I looked at the band

And then there's this:

"Is it us that's caught up in destiny

Could be just another more missed shot"

Maybe try "Are we caught in destiny," or "is this really destiny" (my vote).   Then "or am I just insane."  The last line is just rubbish.   You can't have "another more."  It's either another or more, not both.

Then you have the stalker bits:

"Think it's crazy but I might

Want to take her home tonight"

Nothing says romantic like, "I don't know you but I want to f*** you."

How is "I looked at the band" bad language?  Son, you gotta learn something about song writing...  It's not always about grammar.  And I'm a Grammar Nazi so trust me, I know.  Sometimes it's vernacular and getting the words to fit the tune.  Check back at like 3rd grade English class.

And yeah, I know it sounds kinda stalkerish, but it's kinda a stalkerish situation... It's alright!  I mean, that girl could take it either way.  I think it's a tainted view of innocent...  Like "Across the Sea".  Of course no one means anyone harm and no one wants to sound creepy, but through the story and song it kinda comes off that the guy was more interested in the girl than vice-versa.

And no, it's not HSM, it's Raditude.  It reminds me of "The Girl Got Hot" or something.  It's not deep.  But it's fun and sincere.

Samuel Marzioli said:

I was thinking more of a rock band where English is their second language. 

"And I only known..."

"... I gone and lost her"

"I looked at the band

And then there's this:

"Is it us that's caught up in destiny

Could be just another more missed shot"

Maybe try "Are we caught in destiny," or "is this really destiny" (my vote).   Then "or am I just insane."  The last line is just rubbish.   You can't have "another more."  It's either another or more, not both.

Then you have the stalker bits:

"Think it's crazy but I might

Want to take her home tonight"

Nothing says romantic like, "I don't know you but I want to f*** you."

The grunts in that video make the grunts in Hash Pipe sound like sh*t

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
This song is starting to sound like some Camp Rock / High School Musical tune. Or better yet, a song that these guys would play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SNOAcD3ak

"Look" sometimes has temporal implications.  You don't "look" for hours on end, you "look for the source of the sound," or "looked to the left before crossing the street."  Look has more in common with glance than anything else.  The term that implies receiving visual input for extended periods of time is "watch," which has more in common with saw than the other terms previously mentioned.  Look it up.  As the song writer we're quoting might say, "Dictionary are your friend."

And brother, I know about song writing.  A song writer only says it "ain't about grammar" when they butcher the English language because they can't seem to write it in ways that avoid mistakes.  Poetic license is one thing.  English r*** is quite another and "Could be just another more missed shot" is English r***. 

As for the stalky, weirdness of this thread, I'll say it again.  Just because the Vampire Edward does it, doesn't make it right.  As for sincere, so was Charles Manson.

Radioactive said:

How is "I looked at the band" bad language?  Son, you gotta learn something about song writing...  It's not always about grammar.  And I'm a Grammar Nazi so trust me, I know.  Sometimes it's vernacular and getting the words to fit the tune.  Check back at like 3rd grade English class.

And yeah, I know it sounds kinda stalkerish, but it's kinda a stalkerish situation... It's alright!  I mean, that girl could take it either way.  I think it's a tainted view of innocent...  Like "Across the Sea".  Of course no one means anyone harm and no one wants to sound creepy, but through the story and song it kinda comes off that the guy was more interested in the girl than vice-versa.

And no, it's not HSM, it's Raditude.  It reminds me of "The Girl Got Hot" or something.  It's not deep.  But it's fun and sincere.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video