Anyone else collect the live bootlegs on the store page?  I have a sad number of them:

• Live at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, New Jersey
  • Live at the Rave-Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • Live at the Joint Club in Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Live at Stubb's BBQ in Austin, Texas-- Night 1
  • Live at Stubb's BBQ in Austin, Texas-- Night 2

I know it's out of control, but they're great performances.  I've got a bit of everything-- an opener, a headlining full setlist, both Memories albums in one, and two individual night Memories sets too.

The saddest part is that I'm planning on getting the Live at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, Illinois (Memories Tour version) and the Live at the Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida for the collabs (Jermaine Dupri, Hayley Williams), etc. and the cool interlude and Pink Floyd cover.

I have all of them in physical format, except the first one, and I have to say they look nice together, even if the packaging is nothing fancy.  It's nice to have hard copy formats, the photographs are really cool.  Basically the art is a nice glossy front cover, spine and back cover with tracklisting and venue info wrapped and glued nicely around a cardboard slipcase.  But again, they look great with multiple sets.

So what do you think?  Are you a fan of the bootlegs?

Views: 747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. Especially the f'd up bassline coming out of the break.

Gohi said:
I prefer Chicago's second night performance of Only in Dreams. Night one has lots of goofs imo.
So will these bootlegs be only for the Memories shows, or will they eventually be expanded to other shows?  Maybe not a hard copy of every single show, as that'd be unreasonable, but I'd love to at least have an MP3 version of the OC show.

They have older shows available and I assume the OC show will be too.  Hard copies for every show isn't unreasonable, because they are MOD (manufactured on demand).  They don't love money if no one buys a certain show because they don't have stock of that show, but it's available for anyone who wants it.

The only thing that's depressing is there are no 2010 shows except for the late 2010 Memories and very early Canada and FSU shows.  I wish "Hang On" and "Trippin' Down the Freeway" as well as the interlude for Brian were available in some way, shape or form on the site.

I have the Toronto, ON. Bootleg from December 5th 2009. And I love it cause I got to sing "If You're Wondering If I Want You To (I Want You To)" with them that show :)
So what's a good starting point for getting into these bootlegs?  I'm thinking maybe Las Vegas considering they play both albums.  I don't know why, I've always wanted a full Weezer live album but never really looked into these official bootlegs.
Anyone know why the LA Memories tour bootlegs aren't available?

i have two bootlegs. they were given as a apology for something i pre ordered being late................

i still don't know if that arrived

what was it?

ShreddingBullets: Las Vegas is good if you want JUST the Memories experience of Blue/Pink live, but I would buy both of the Stubb's BBQ ones.  Not only were they amazing performances, but there are tons of rarities, including the only live versions of "Unspoken" and "Longtime Sunshine"...  plus "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived", "Susanne", "Jamie", "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly", etc.

As far as full-length regular concerts I can only vouch for the Milwaukee set, but that has an amazing setlist and did a really good job of capturing the feel there.  I practically relive that night everytime I listen to the whole thing.  I think full setlists are nice to have, but the Memories collection is very nice for rare b-sides and such.  I don't think I could live with just one set. 

The Las Vegas one is good, but if you're buying two Memories nights from other cities anyways it's rather pointless.  It's not their best night, although it includes the bonus track live of "I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams" featuring Rachel Haden...  That's a real treat.

Milwaukee was a good show but the setlist was far from amazing imo. It has a special place in my heart since it was my first Weezer show (I had wanted to see them in 05 and 08 but it never worked out).

Stubbs BBQ is amazing setlist and performance wise. Sad to think that they may never top that performance in my eyes. Still excited to see them on 09/03, though!

@Gohi-- My first too!  But idt Weezer played Milwaukee in 2008?

Then again at Verge.  REALLY wish they had that bootleg.

I disagree, for a band like Weezer, Milwaukee had a really good setlist.  They've been getting better tho.

I never saw weezer because they never visit europe and if they do they visit the UK :(

Since the add to cart button seems to be fixed for me I'll be downloading the Stubb's Bar BQ Bootlegs this evening. I'll let you know what I think about it 

Naw, I reside in MN. They played MN in 2008 and 2005.

I guess we'll have to disagree. I found the Raditude songs and the absence of Pinkerton (plus the inclusion of Kids/Pokerface) to lead to a pretty rough setlist. Again, good performance but they became so much better every time I saw them after.

Radioactive said:

@Gohi-- My first too!  But idt Weezer played Milwaukee in 2008?

Then again at Verge.  REALLY wish they had that bootleg.

I disagree, for a band like Weezer, Milwaukee had a really good setlist.  They've been getting better tho.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video