Love him or hate him (Love him :D) he belongs on the Memories tour, period. It would be morally wrong not to at least invite him. I can not even fathom Scott attempting to replicate the falsettos and the stage energy that only Matt could deliver. I think it would be insulting to us not to have him on the tour. What it all comes down to is that even now, Matt knows those songs better and truly just belongs. Scott was probably still blowing Vanilla Ice back then. And for all the Scott lovers out there, there is truly no hope for you. Can you honestly say you'd take that gold toothed fairy over Matt Freggin Sharp?

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

placemats said:
...no class. On both accounts.

Dungeon Master said:
what, hot and hard? are you coming on to him?

placemats said:
Blueperton's like school in the summer...

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
you are just all class, aren't you?

Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
When was the last time you were in school, like 3, maybe 4 decades ago?
I thought you meant like summer school: pretty damn annoying

placemats said:

Dungeon Master said:

placemats said:

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
everybody on this website would love to see matt play bass on the blue and pinkerton set. If he isn't going to because his problem with the band, that's his business, but if Jason Newstead can put aside his petty differences with James Hetfield from Metallica and play with them when Metallica was inducted to the Hall of Fame. I think Matt can put his differences aside and suck it up for the fans. I personally think that is selfish since he isn't going to.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
how is he selfish?

Scott Alan Perkins said:
It's a rolling stones interview, I think. it was on this website right around the time when Pinkerton Deluxe was coming out. Use context clues, for the parts that don't make sense, i refer to what i'm talking about in earlier sentences. Attention seeking isn't the best term, insert selfish in attention seeking's place.
Next time can people warn me when there is psychologist/english major in these forums.

Dungeon Master said:
sorry, but your post has all the earmarking of a jabbering psychopath. please come back when you learn some cohesion and spelling.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
There is an interview with Rivers you should read, it addresses the same issue. It was addressed and it fell through at some point, and Rivers was only partially aware of them asking him, he isn't even sure why he didn't accept the offer. So apparently Matt Freggin Sharp should be a fairy and suck it up for the fans. The only reason that Matt would even no these songs now is because he is probally sitting at home comtemplating suicide, in fact he is probally singing "Say it ain't so" because he ruined one of the greatest bands in the 90's if not history. The only thing that Matt has over Scott is the energy, and Scott makes up for it, by not being a attention seeking B****.
If Rivers didn't want Matt to play then he needs to grow up as well, but yeah Matt owes everybody on this website. We are the ones who bought the records. I never said he owes me personally, but the fans as a whole, yes he does owe us.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
lol. you think matt sharp owes you something?

there was never a firm offer for matt to play bass for the entire tour, or a full show, or anything like that. everyone in weezer who isn't named rivers thought it would be fun to have matt make an appearance or two. that fell through early on, because matt sharp has a life. he's been out of the band for a decade-plus, why should be beholden to weezer fans?

pretty sure you're the selfish one in this case.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
everybody on this website would love to see matt play bass on the blue and pinkerton set. If he isn't going to because his problem with the band, that's his business, but if Jason Newstead can put aside his petty differences with James Hetfield from Metallica and play with them when Metallica was inducted to the Hall of Fame. I think Matt can put his differences aside and suck it up for the fans. I personally think that is selfish.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
how is he selfish?

Scott Alan Perkins said:
It's a rolling stones interview, I think. it was on this website right around the time when Pinkerton Deluxe was coming out. Use context clues, for the parts that don't make sense, i refer to what i'm talking about in earlier sentences. Attention seeking isn't the best term, insert selfish in attention seeking's place.
sorry man, that is just how i feel about it. i didn't mean to ruffle you feathers, from now on i won't comment on posts that ask for the opinions of others. for the record Matt Sharp is an excellent bassist.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
matt doesn't owe anyone s***. grow up.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
If Rivers didn't want Matt to play then he needs to grow up as well, but yeah Matt owes everybody on this website. We are the ones who bought the records. I never said he owes me personally, but the fans as a whole, yes he does owe us.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

there was never a firm offer for matt to play bass for the entire tour, or a full show, or anything like that. everyone in weezer who isn't named rivers thought it would be fun to have matt make an appearance or two. that fell through early on, because matt sharp has a life. he's been out of the band for a decade-plus, why should be beholden to weezer fans?

Scott Alan Perkins said:
everybody on this website would love to see matt play bass on the blue and pinkerton set. If he isn't going to because his problem with the band, that's his business, but if Jason Newstead can put aside his petty differences with James Hetfield from Metallica and play with them when Metallica was inducted to the Hall of Fame. I think Matt can put his differences aside and suck it up for the fans. I personally think that is selfish.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
how is he selfish?

Scott Alan Perkins said:
Now that was just mean.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
your feelings are STUPID.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
sorry man, that is just how i feel about it. i didn't mean to ruffle you feathers, from now on i won't comment on posts that ask for the opinions of others. for the record Matt Sharp is an excellent bassist.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
matt doesn't owe anyone s***. grow up.

Scott Alan Perkins said:

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

Scott Alan Perkins said:

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
how is he selfish?

Scott Alan Perkins said:
You are correct, sir. That is why i don't listen to the Rentals.

David Proctor said:
Can't believe I wasted all my time reading this pointless discussion. Agree with those who thinks Matt Sharp doesn't owe the fans s***. We're fans cause we like the music. You don't like it, listen to something else. Pretty black and white.
yeah but weezer has a S load of songs, theres bound to be some misses, where as the rentals dont have nearly as many, but regardless, last i checked scott was the weezer bassist not matt, so everyone needs to quit being lame. and to the guy going on about the hall of fame and metallica, dude, this isnt the hall of fame, its like a 4 or 5 city tour in small venues......shut up.

David Proctor said:
ha...i gotta say though, the worst rentals song is better than the worst weezer song

Scott Alan Perkins said:
You are correct, sir. That is why i don't listen to the Rentals.

David Proctor said:
Can't believe I wasted all my time reading this pointless discussion. Agree with those who thinks Matt Sharp doesn't owe the fans s***. We're fans cause we like the music. You don't like it, listen to something else. Pretty black and white.

Back in 2003, I would say...yeah ...bring Matt back...what gives...blah blah.  But I was unfair to Scott.  Scott is awesome.  I really really like him in the band.   Anyways, Matt is doing his own thing which is different from the old Weezer style.   Getting stuff like "Lullabye for Wayne" and "Getting up and Leaving" and whatever else comes out of the vault in the future is far better than getting Matt now.  Scott is producing some excellent tunes with Weezer and I'd be sad if Matt or Mikey filled in for him.  He deserves to play old  Weezer tunes and he does an excellent job. 

ok, don't get your panties in a bunch.  take a deep breath and learn to take a joke. 

placemats said:

Dungeon Master said:

placemats said:

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

Blueperton said:

don't blame us for your lack of intelligence.  if you write like a jerkoff people will treat you like one.  get use to it, french-fry jockey.  

Scott Alan Perkins said:

Next time can people warn me when there is psychologist/english major in these forums.

Dungeon Master said:
sorry, but your post has all the earmarking of a jabbering psychopath. please come back when you learn some cohesion and spelling.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
There is an interview with Rivers you should read, it addresses the same issue. It was addressed and it fell through at some point, and Rivers was only partially aware of them asking him, he isn't even sure why he didn't accept the offer. So apparently Matt Freggin Sharp should be a fairy and suck it up for the fans. The only reason that Matt would even no these songs now is because he is probally sitting at home comtemplating suicide, in fact he is probally singing "Say it ain't so" because he ruined one of the greatest bands in the 90's if not history. The only thing that Matt has over Scott is the energy, and Scott makes up for it, by not being a attention seeking B****.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video