Love him or hate him (Love him :D) he belongs on the Memories tour, period. It would be morally wrong not to at least invite him. I can not even fathom Scott attempting to replicate the falsettos and the stage energy that only Matt could deliver. I think it would be insulting to us not to have him on the tour. What it all comes down to is that even now, Matt knows those songs better and truly just belongs. Scott was probably still blowing Vanilla Ice back then. And for all the Scott lovers out there, there is truly no hope for you. Can you honestly say you'd take that gold toothed fairy over Matt Freggin Sharp?

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like return of the rentals, yay high fives.but i would of rather had a released album of "songs from the black h***". matt is gone, and scott is solid and has releasued more albums with wezer than mikey and matt combined, so i ask, who is the weezer bassist? then why do we need matt? we dont, what we need is for the rentals to be consistent and wow us the way we know they can.
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
what catalogue? 2 decent albums, an ep and and EPIC failure (Songs About Time)



Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
Given the fact(it is a fact...right?) that you have a blow up doll of Matt.....aren't you the one on your knees for Matt?

Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
There is an interview with Rivers you should read, it addresses the same issue. It was addressed and it fell through at some point, and Rivers was only partially aware of them asking him, he isn't even sure why he didn't accept the offer. So apparently Matt Freggin Sharp should be a fairy and suck it up for the fans. The only reason that Matt would even no these songs now is because he is probally sitting at home comtemplating suicide, in fact he is probally singing "Say it ain't so" because he ruined one of the greatest bands in the 90's if not history. The only thing that Matt has over Scott is the energy, and Scott makes up for it, by not being a attention seeking B****.
I must be out of the loop, when did Matt have time to ruin Radiohead?



Scott Alan Perkins said:
in fact he is probally singing "Say it ain't so" because he ruined one of the greatest bands in the 90's if not history.
please explain how he's an "attention seeking" anything. the friggin guy lived in the middle of nowhere for years after 7 more minutes and has been completely all over the map with music making over the past few years. he's done anything BUT seek attention. not to mention, the rest of this paragraph you typed up didn't really make a whole lot of sense......

what interview were you tlaking about though? i'd be interested in a read



Scott Alan Perkins said:
There is an interview with Rivers you should read, it addresses the same issue. It was addressed and it fell through at some point, and Rivers was only partially aware of them asking him, he isn't even sure why he didn't accept the offer. So apparently Matt Freggin Sharp should be a fairy and suck it up for the fans. The only reason that Matt would even no these songs now is because he is probally sitting at home comtemplating suicide, in fact he is probally singing "Say it ain't so" because he ruined one of the greatest bands in the 90's if not history. The only thing that Matt has over Scott is the energy, and Scott makes up for it, by not being a attention seeking B****.
It's a rolling stones interview, I think. it was on this website right around the time when Pinkerton Deluxe was coming out. Use context clues, for the parts that don't make sense, i refer to what i'm talking about in earlier sentences. Attention seeking isn't the best term, insert selfish in attention seeking's place.
Blueperton's like school in the summer...

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
you are just all class, aren't you?

Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
what, hot and hard? are you coming on to him?



placemats said:
Blueperton's like school in the summer...

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
you are just all class, aren't you?

Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.
sorry, but your post has all the earmarking of a jabbering psychopath. please come back when you learn some cohesion and spelling.



Scott Alan Perkins said:
There is an interview with Rivers you should read, it addresses the same issue. It was addressed and it fell through at some point, and Rivers was only partially aware of them asking him, he isn't even sure why he didn't accept the offer. So apparently Matt Freggin Sharp should be a fairy and suck it up for the fans. The only reason that Matt would even no these songs now is because he is probally sitting at home comtemplating suicide, in fact he is probally singing "Say it ain't so" because he ruined one of the greatest bands in the 90's if not history. The only thing that Matt has over Scott is the energy, and Scott makes up for it, by not being a attention seeking B****.
...no class. On both accounts.

Dungeon Master said:
what, hot and hard? are you coming on to him?



placemats said:
Blueperton's like school in the summer...

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
you are just all class, aren't you?

Blueperton said:
Well I think the Rentals catalogue just goes to show what an inspiration Matt was for Rivers. And actually I think Scott is more of the type that stays on his knees... Much like Placemats.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video