Love him or hate him (Love him :D) he belongs on the Memories tour, period. It would be morally wrong not to at least invite him. I can not even fathom Scott attempting to replicate the falsettos and the stage energy that only Matt could deliver. I think it would be insulting to us not to have him on the tour. What it all comes down to is that even now, Matt knows those songs better and truly just belongs. Scott was probably still blowing Vanilla Ice back then. And for all the Scott lovers out there, there is truly no hope for you. Can you honestly say you'd take that gold toothed fairy over Matt Freggin Sharp?

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion



☺♥ fück ♥☺ said:
it's been a decade plus, time to get the fück over it.
You're ignorant. That is all.
Scott could crush you with his eyelash. And he should, for what you just said.



Lewis Digges said:
The chances of Matt Sharp being anywhere near Weezer on this tour is almost as the chances are that the Los Angeles Clippers win the NBA Finals which are virtually none at all.
That was almost worthy of the Mooninites...


☺♥ fück ♥☺ said:
it's been a decade plus, time to get the fück over it.
I doubt that Matt knows the songs better than scott
Scott is a better bassist than Matt. He's done a lot of really cool stuff with the bass that Matt didn't attempt. Weezer had considered inviting Matt back for the Memories tour but changed their mind for reasons unknown. Scott is the master of the space-time continuum, so good luck trying to beat him at everything ever.
well, I don't think Matt is holding a grudge. If he were, a doubt he would have attended RC wedding.

that being said, yes weezer asked several times to rejoin, to which he thought long and hard about (he wrote on the rentals website), but ultimately declined. deciding you don't want to do something doesn't mean you're holding a grudge.



Lewis Digges said:
There were numerous times that Weezer asked Matt to rejoin them (asking him to be in the second video to Island In The Sun, asking him to join them on the Make Believe tour playing guitar, inviting him to come back even) but Matt turned them down cold.

Matt is much better off in The Rentals anyhow so get used to the fact that Matt is not joining Weezer in any type of reunion or an invitation to join them on stage like Mikey did during the tour in Vermont. At least Mikey doesn't hold any grudges like Matt does with anything associated with Weezer.
this is pretty empty and meaningless unless you can give some examples of what you mean... unless you're are referring to the time Scott anally inserted his bass into Rivers when they were promoting the red album. RC had to spend two months in the hospital as one of the machine head tore his rectum. sure, they said it was due to a 'bus accident' but those in the know are aware of the real goings on...



Radioactive said:
Scott is a better bassist than Matt. He's done a lot of really cool stuff with the bass that Matt didn't attempt.
well, seeing rivers backed out of the "history of pinkerton" article that was recently published, but matt and karl both did it, i imagine those two still talk at least. and no, scott is not a better bass player than matt. matt's basslines were so much more prominent on the recordings, especially the entirety of pinkerton. and i don't know about the current tour, but in the past scott didn't even play the basslines for some of the pinkerton songs, and just played the root notes.

it's stupid to say these kinds of things, seriously, learn what you're talking about.
Prominent =/= better bass player
That's due to sound production, which Pinkerton was self-produced..
Know your onion!

Compare the bass riff of "Only in Dreams" to "Memories". "Only in Dreams" is very simple but also very loud compared to "Memories", where it is overshadowed by the other instruments and yet is a much more complex riff.



next week's weather said:
well, seeing rivers backed out of the "history of pinkerton" article that was recently published, but matt and karl both did it, i imagine those two still talk at least. and no, scott is not a better bass player than matt. matt's basslines were so much more prominent on the recordings, especially the entirety of pinkerton. and i don't know about the current tour, but in the past scott didn't even play the basslines for some of the pinkerton songs, and just played the root notes.

it's stupid to say these kinds of things, seriously, learn what you're talking about.
Scott is better than Matt in every way possible. except being a d***. Matt is a pro at that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video