mostly because i just got tickets to this:

other than that...

5/13 - john maus/geneva jacuzzi/holy s***!
5/27 - mount eerie
6/11 - timber timbre
6/12 - times new viking/king tuff

plus more later in the summer, but i need a reason to bump this thread again.

Tags: upcoming concerts

Views: 1341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw Cass McCombs with The Vaselines a few years ago

Also,

Glasgow ABC 27th September

Glasgow SECC 8th November

Glasgow O2 Academy 7th December

And T in the Park obvs

Dad Rubelstein said:

oh, and this.

descendents and dfa 1979. no big deal.

that looks awsm.

i'm seeing wzr three weeks from today. want to swap?

thought not :/

Dad Rubelstein said:

oh, and this.

I hope you don't enjoy the new album. It's possibly the biggest disappointment I've ever heard.

Dad Rubelstein said:

8/12 - the decemberists

lolz it's not that bad. i mean i doubt it will make my top 25 for the year, but it's pleasant enough.

we've both seen them a million times, but they are playing in a beautiful outdoor venue and they've been talking about taking a break from touring after august, so whatever, may as well go. they're always good live.

G Foo Chombey said:

I hope you don't enjoy the new album. It's possibly the biggest disappointment I've ever heard.

Dad Rubelstein said:

8/12 - the decemberists

I already have my ticket to that show.  My friend likes them a lot, so I'm going to check them out

Dad Rubelstein said:

lolz it's not that bad. i mean i doubt it will make my top 25 for the year, but it's pleasant enough.

we've both seen them a million times, but they are playing in a beautiful outdoor venue and they've been talking about taking a break from touring after august, so whatever, may as well go. they're always good live.

G Foo Chombey said:

Dad Rubelstein said:

8/12 - the decemberists

Well s***, that totally took me by surprise.  Think I mentioned that I'm not really a big fan of festivals, but I have to say this looks super fun.  All those bands for $35, plus Milo(f****** love Milo)  Can't beat that. Gonna be a killer show for sure.  Right up your alley. 

Dad Rubelstein said:

oh, and this.

One of my favorite midsize venues.  The only negative is the bench type seating.  Would be better if they had individual seats throughout.  Drive isn't quite as stressful for us, but takes a few hours.  Gives us an excuse to stay the night in Carpinteria (our favorite beach) and chill the next day before heading home.

Jupiter 8 said:
Just came to that venue this month for the first time.  I saw two Buffalo Springfield shows and Peter Gabriel at the SB Bowl.  It's a very nice venue.  Getting there - a little stressful from where I am in LA!

placemats said:
Incubus @ The Santa Barbara Bowl, July 15th.

yeah, i'm not a big festival fan either. this one used to be an indoor event in a club that had an upstairs and downstairs stage, and it was much more manageable. two years ago they changed to an outdoor festival, and it's been something of a disaster because the dude running it doesn't really know what he's doing. we still went, but we always left early because i can only spend so much time in a dusty field with no food and bad beer.

this year they've partnered with goldenvoice, which gives me hope that things will be better.

placemats said:

Well s***, that totally took me by surprise.  Think I mentioned that I'm not really a big fan of festivals, but I have to say this looks super fun.  All those bands for $35, plus Milo(f****** love Milo)  Can't beat that. Gonna be a killer show for sure.  Right up your alley. 

Speaking of disasters, remember these?

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2009/08/lapd_and_swat_shut...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/06/la-coliseum-imposing-...

Dad Rubelstein said:

yeah, i'm not a big festival fan either. this one used to be an indoor event in a club that had an upstairs and downstairs stage, and it was much more manageable. two years ago they changed to an outdoor festival, and it's been something of a disaster because the dude running it doesn't really know what he's doing. we still went, but we always left early because i can only spend so much time in a dusty field with no food and bad beer.

this year they've partnered with goldenvoice, which gives me hope that things will be better.

placemats said:

lolz ok so they haven't been quite that bad. who goes to raves anymore anyway?
You obviously CAN'T leave early this year, so fingers crossed for a better atmosphere this time around.

Dad Rubelstein said:

placemats said:

Some bits I've added in the past week.  I'm going to see

-Rush @ Gibson in a few days

-Foo Fighters @ the Forum in October

-Foster the People @ the Wiltern in October

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…