Okay, so believe this record to be one the 50 greatest albums of all time(or a least the ninety-second) but, this album rarely gets, even in the weezer community, the credit it deserves. With the infectiousness of Dope Nose, Slob and Love Explotion to the experimentation of Space Rock and Fall Together to the beauty of December and Death And Destruction and all self produced you can't go wrong, magical. Anyway, what do you folks think of this underrated beauty? 

Tags: Maladroit, Talk, Weezer

Views: 1227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know that I always go on about Green, but I just think that a lot of =w= fans should praise their other albums as well.

I do agree with you though I think tracks 8 and 9 are the worst on the album, but live they are very good.

Indierocks said:

Are you being sarcastic? Green is way to compressed to one of weezer's great and it really take a musical dip around tracks 8 and 9

Well, we do. But there's nothing wrong with having favorites. Especially when those favorites are as important to their legacy as the first two records. They've given me hours and hours of music I really enjoy after those two records, but none of them come close to the first two. Doesn't mean I don't still support or love this band.

if weezer fans spent more time trying to get laid than talking about weezer y'all would be a lot happier bunch.

that is all

Pinkerton and Blue are my second and third favourite albums and I do love them

Gohi said:

Well, we do. But there's nothing wrong with having favorites. Especially when those favorites are as important to their legacy as the first two records. They've given me hours and hours of music I really enjoy after those two records, but none of them come close to the first two. Doesn't mean I don't still support or love this band.

what's your favourite album?

Hugh Lovric said:

Pinkerton and Blue are my second and third favourite albums and I do love them

Gohi said:

rough and CHARMING

I would love to see them play some maladroit nuggets when i see them.

I think Maladroit could have been much better, personally.  I would have put Living Without You on there for one thing (I love that song).  We Go Together seems to me like it would have been a no brainer.  A lot of the demos sounded better than the final record.  I'm not saying the album would have been substantially better, but it would have been better than what it was.  It was never going to be an amazing record.

But instrumentally it's a lot more interesting then some other records.  The drumming on here, Red and especially Pinkerton is the best in Weezer's history.  But all in all it's a pretty mediocre release, that's more fun to play than it is to listen to.

IMO.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video