Okay, so believe this record to be one the 50 greatest albums of all time(or a least the ninety-second) but, this album rarely gets, even in the weezer community, the credit it deserves. With the infectiousness of Dope Nose, Slob and Love Explotion to the experimentation of Space Rock and Fall Together to the beauty of December and Death And Destruction and all self produced you can't go wrong, magical. Anyway, what do you folks think of this underrated beauty? 

Tags: Maladroit, Talk, Weezer

Views: 1227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was fan submitted

jorys beral said:

I'm French and I can assert that Maladroit is the French for clumsy!

But does anyone know why did Weezer choose this name for this album?

Jens Van Avondt said:

Maladroit is French for clumsy... God, finally my French courses seem usefull

Maladroit is an amazing album, i dont know why people hate it so much. if you guys didn't know rivers was in a hair metal band before weezer, thats why maladroit has that grunge sound to it. i love it!, i think that this would in my top 20 favorite albums of all time. i love it some much that i bought the vinyl record of it. maybe it just me. you cant call yourself a die hard weezer fan unless you respect all of there albums, even if there are a few songs that are not as good.

We all knew that. I enjoy Maladroit for what it is but completely understand why people don't like it. It's completely unemotional and the lyrics lack any sort of meaning which leads to (at least in my opinion), Rivers' worst vocal performance on any Weezer album. There are some fun songs here or there, though.

(Possibilities is unacceptable.)

Possibilities is unacceptable? You're unacceptable, Mister. 

POSSIBILITIES #1 FOEVA AND EVA. 

Gohi said:

We all knew that. I enjoy Maladroit for what it is but completely understand why people don't like it. It's completely unemotional and the lyrics lack any sort of meaning which leads to (at least in my opinion), Rivers' worst vocal performance on any Weezer album. There are some fun songs here or there, though.

All the songs in Maladroit are just musically perfect! Weezer did a great job again , maybe different from what they use to do, but great.
Burndt jamb is my favorite.

I agree, none of the lyrics really mean anything and even on Green they were kinda stories of a boy and a girl and that's why I lvoe Green so much, a long with other reasons

Gohi said:

Hugh Lovric said:

GREEN GREEN GREENGREENGREENGREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREENGREENGREENGREENGREENGREENGREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREENGREENGREENGREEN GREEN GREENGREENGREENGREEN GREENGREEN GREENGREENGREENGREENGREENGREENGREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREENGREENGREENGREENGREEN GREEN GREEN
Gohi said:

I'm actually a huge of the lyrics epsecialy Space Rock, Dope Nose, Slob, Love Explosion, December, and Slave. They provide much more sub-text than many other weezer lyrics and if you ask me not only do they seem to mean more to Rivers than green's but Rivers has also stated the meanings of some of maladroit's words. Also, the backing vocals in this album are incredible.

Am I thinking of a different song?  December is one of those songs that makes me wish I didn't like Weezer.  Or that other people didn't know that I like Weezer.

Indierocks said:

I'm actually a huge of the lyrics epsecialy ...  December

I'm not too keen on the Maladroit version of "December", but I am in love with the DC Demos version from 2001 of "December".

Avery Doll said:

Am I thinking of a different song?  December is one of those songs that makes me wish I didn't like Weezer.  Or that other people didn't know that I like Weezer.

Indierocks said:

I'm actually a huge of the lyrics epsecialy ...  December
Come on I can't be only one here who prefers the maladroit version of December.

Yeah i love maladroit.

It's one of five =w= Lp's i can honestly say i do. Blue/Pinkerton/Red/Maladriot/Green.

Green was my first weezer album so it was really sweet to get such a quick follow up.

the loose pop-metal vibe and sound has its charms. I always come back to the more fun and goofy tracks like american gigolo,take control (love that solo) and fall together. Yeah it sounds pretty rushed an yeah i would replace a few tunes with some of the better unrealeased songs from that era.. but i just love them crunchy guitars. it's a 8/10 for me and 4th in the cannon

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video