Let's rally for a Pinkerton show in Australia! #pinkerton4aus

Hi Australian fans,

Rivers has recently said in an interview that a Pinkerton show is a possibility for Australia if there's enough demand:

"I can tell you that we as a band would sure love to play a Pinkerton show and it's entirely up to the demand of the Australian audience," he says.
"If you do want to see a Pinkerton show please start chatting about it online and let the promoter know and hopefully we can add a Pinkerton show."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/news/much-older-and-weezer/story-fnejnl1p-12...

So here's the plan:

• Use your Twitter account (or make one) and tweet to @RiversCuomo, @Weezer and especially @ChuggEnt about how you'd love for there to be a Pinkerton show!
  • Use the hashtag #pinkerton4aus in your tweets
  • Favourite and retweet as many other #pinkerton4aus tweets as you can! https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23pinkerton4aus
  • Support from fans who can't go to the show (including other countries) would also be appreciated

Hopefully, we can create enough commotion for Weezer and Chugg Entertainment to take notice.

Tags: australia, chugg, memories, pinkerton4aus, tour, weezer

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent! We can make this happen!

A a shark, this ultimately benefits me. RALLY ON MINIONS

actually, as a shark, this show could be your downfall.  recently there have been 5 deaths of swimmers in Western Australia by great whites (probably all by you) in a 10 month period.  this has made many people ask questions and is putting pressure on policymakers to take great whites OFF of the endangered species list.  this of course is outrageous and will not happen at this point, but there IS talk of it.  you see, since the great white was listed as endangered here almost 15 years ago, their numbers have increased, and now people are thinking that there are TOO MANY of them.  which is also of course asinine; people just need to practice better swimming habits in areas with high levels of sharks.  the more sharks in a system, the better...it is an indicator of a healthy system but doesnt necessarily mean that the level of sharks themselves are at a stable point.  however, if you continue your senseless rampage of australian folk...you will put even MORE pressure on the officials to take you off of the endangered list and men in boats will come and find you, then they will say "Smile you son of a...."

and:

maybe you should stick to eating marine animals....

just a thought

The shark from Jaws said:

I think it's pretty obvious @chuggent should be the main target of this, the Weez guys can't do anything if the promoter doesn't want the shows.

You just undid decades of mental rehabilitation by showing me that image

Luigi-sp26 said:

actually, as a shark, this show could be your downfall.  recently there have been 5 deaths of swimmers in Western Australia by great whites (probably all by you) in a 10 month period.  this has made many people ask questions and is putting pressure on policymakers to take great whites OFF of the endangered species list.  this of course is outrageous and will not happen at this point, but there IS talk of it.  you see, since the great white was listed as endangered here almost 15 years ago, their numbers have increased, and now people are thinking that there are TOO MANY of them.  which is also of course asinine; people just need to practice better swimming habits in areas with high levels of sharks.  the more sharks in a system, the better...it is an indicator of a healthy system but doesnt necessarily mean that the level of sharks themselves are at a stable point.  however, if you continue your senseless rampage of australian folk...you will put even MORE pressure on the officials to take you off of the endangered list and men in boats will come and find you, then they will say "Smile you son of a...."

and:

just a thought

This is true. I've updated the original post to highlight this.

Banging On said:

I think it's pretty obvious @chuggent should be the main target of this, the Weez guys can't do anything if the promoter doesn't want the shows.

You just undid decades of mental rehabilitation by showing me that image

Luigi-sp26 said:

and:

just a thought

promoters r dum if they don't want or has pinkertonz nites

Wow. Just, wow.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

promoters r dum if they don't want or has pinkertonz nites

I would have thought the blue shows would have to be sold out first.. or very close to.

I'm not sure how that's going. If pinkerton shows were to happen i'm guessing it would be east coast only as perth is notorious for selling slowly 

Tweets are still going, but let's make sure we keep the support for a Pinkerton night constant!

steve aoki was on triple j today talking with zan rowe about how pinkerton is one of his fave albums ever, and that he loved from the day it was released. anyone else hear him? it was pretty cool.

australia needs a pinketon memories show!!!

#pinkerton4aus

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video