An upgrade from cassette to CD. Been meaning to get it for a while

 

Such a good album <3

Tags: buying, cool, is, music

Views: 2557

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

 

Unless you count Singles/EPs in which case I got these 4 at the same time..


 

 

 

And is there a way to post picture next to each other or is our image posting this bad?

it's possible, just unwieldy. you have to pick the left, center, or right layout, instead of the default full layout.

G Foo Chombey said:

And is there a way to post picture next to each other or is our image posting this bad?

oh, and last week i bought the following records...

 

american football - american football
bleached - carter 7"
cold showers - highlands 7"
japandroids - post-nothing
japandroids - younger us 7"
light asylum - in tension 12"
mates of state - my solo project (used)
mates of state - our constant concern (used)
mates of state - team boo
mates of state - bring it back
milemarker - ominosity (used)
the mountain goats - the sunset tree
simon and garfunkel - bookends (used)
kurt vile - smoke ring for my halo
xiu xiu - knife play (used)

 

combination of record store purchases and online orders. not sure why i was on such a mates of state kick, i found the first two used and then discovered polyvinyl was having an online sale so i ordered the second two plus the american football and japandroids records.

Our Constant Concern and Post Nothing are both excellent choices!

 

Here's my latest vinyl purchase:

Architecture in Helsinki - Moment Bends

 



kittens bieber ♥ said:

oh, and last week i bought the following records...

 

american football - american football
bleached - carter 7"
cold showers - highlands 7"
japandroids - post-nothing
japandroids - younger us 7"
light asylum - in tension 12"
mates of state - my solo project (used)
mates of state - our constant concern (used)
mates of state - team boo
mates of state - bring it back
milemarker - ominosity (used)
the mountain goats - the sunset tree
simon and garfunkel - bookends (used)
kurt vile - smoke ring for my halo
xiu xiu - knife play (used)

 

combination of record store purchases and online orders. not sure why i was on such a mates of state kick, i found the first two used and then discovered polyvinyl was having an online sale so i ordered the second two plus the american football and japandroids records.

yeah i had the mates of state stuff on cd for years, so now i'm just going back through and buying things on vinyl when i find decent prices. i'm liking the japandroids album quite a bit. i didn't think much of it when it first came out so i had never heard the entire album until last week.


Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Our Constant Concern and Post Nothing are both excellent choices!

 

discovered a new record store tonight. pretty great collection of original 60s/70s/80s stuff.

it's all pretty pricey, though, so i stuck with the basics:

 

james chance and the contortions - buy
roxy music - for your pleasure
simon and garfunkel - wednesday morning, 3 am
simon and garfunkel - parsley, safe, rosemary and thyme
talking heads - talking heads: 77

 

plus atomic grabbed an abba record and a francoise hardy record.

The Farewell Drifters - Echo Boom

 

a poppy bluegrass band.  Like the Beach Boys playing acoustics and a mandolin

 

I have been buying 7" from shows lately. 

Kinch    The Economic Chastisement and Collars and Sleeves.

Foals/Freelance Whales split.

The New Regime   Speak Through the White Noise (Full LP)

JEW     Futures

 

At record stores in the past month I've bought

The Strokes    Juicebox 7" Heart In a Cage 7" 

Weezer    Pork and Beans w/Are Friends Electric

Death Cab    I Will Posses Your Heart

I also recently got the Bleed American reissue.

 

On I tunes I bought The Great Valley   Ruthless

bumping an old thread, b/c i went to the record store for the first time in a long time today to get one of atomic's birthday presents. i ended up buying the following records for myself:

      

le shok - we are electrocution (the third pressing, i believe, but still a good used find)
minus the bear - highly refined pirates (the recent reissue)
the mountain goats - get lonely
roxy music - avalon

       

i've mostly been ordering stuff online since the last time i posted in this thread, and purchased the following:

       

bleached - searching through the past 7"
crystal antlers - summer solstice 4-ways 7"
crystal antlers - two-way mirror (deluxe package)
death grips - exmilitary
the murder city devils - every day i rise 7"
rainer maria - rainer maria
slim twig - there's a secret to your pleasure 7"
stephen/steven and thee urxed - split 12"
u.s. girls - the island song 7"
wives - the roy tapes
xiu xiu - always
xiu xiu - daphny 7" 

one more ordered in the last hour:

c.r.a.s.h. - a war on all fronts 7"

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake; it's Morning [12" LP]

Umphrey's McGee - Mantis [12" LP]

Umphrey's McGee - Safety in Numbers [CD]

The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar [CD]

The White Stripes - Candy Cane Children / Silent Night [7' LP]

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot [12" 2xLP]

 

And I'm planning on getting...

Blood Orange – Coastal Grooves [12" LP]

Cold War Kids - Live at Third Man Record Studios [12" LP]

Crystal Antlers - Two Way Mirror [12" LP + 7" LP + CD]

Various Artists - The Spirit of Talk Talk [CD]

 

I really like the Citizens! single, but I can't find anything about them on the internet.  Does anyone know if they have a site?

Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory

Tom Morello, The Nightwatchman - World Wide Rebel Songs

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video