First of all, awesome show, opening band was "Best Coast" and they were good and when Weezer finally came out, they totally rocked the place. The only complaint that I would have is that they didn't play JAMIE. I was really looking forward to hearing that song live.

Tags: Concert

Views: 103

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Falling for You? I can die now.

Stefan said:

Nick said:
Does anyone know the setlist? I'm really curious what the greatest hits setlist was.

Set 1(Greatest Hits)
1. Memories
2. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To (feat. Jorge Garcia)
3. Troublemaker
4. Pork and Beans
5. Beverly Hills
6. Keep Fishin'
7. Photograph
8. Island in the Sun
9. Hash Pipe
10. Falling For You

=INTERMISSION=

Set 2(Blue Album)
1. My Name is Jonas
2. No One Else
3. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
4. Buddy Holly
5. Undone - The Sweater Song
6. Surf Wax America
7. Say it Ain't So
8. In the Garage
9. Holiday
10. Only in Dreams

I wan't there, but thats what I read online.
I would also reaaally want to know how the VIP stuff went.
It was worth it cos we got a backstage minitour with Karl and afterwards they took to an outside tent, gave everyone a bag with a cd, tshirt, and a poster then the band came out you got to take a picture with them and have them sign your stuff, Brian left for a minute so Rivers started singing butterfly with an acoustic guitar and forgot the lyrics so everyone laughed but it was awesome. Then they take you to the pit and you get to reserve your spot and view the concert. My favorite part was when Rivers threw the toilet paper onto the crowd. The only part that sucked that the weather was so cold.

Josh Maxwell said:
Anybody do the VIP? Was it worth it?
Attachments:
I'm glad you said it was worth it. I got the 2 night VIP for Chicago and was wondering how the seating would work since it's an open floor General Admission show. Did they have a spot marked off? And how was the preshow party?

Robert Castro said:
It was worth it cos we got a backstage minitour with Karl and afterwards they took to an outside tent, gave everyone a bag with a cd, tshirt, and a poster then the band came out you got to take a picture with them and have them sign your stuff, Brian left for a minute so Rivers started singing butterfly with an acoustic guitar and forgot the lyrics and everyone started laughing but it was awesome. Then they take you to the pit and you get to reserve your spot and view the concert. My favorite part was when Rivers threw the toilet paper onto the crowd. The only part that sucked that the weather was so cold.

Josh Maxwell said:
Anybody do the VIP? Was it worth it?
Totally awesome show! My wife and I got a sitter for our little girl, and took our boy. His first concert, not including the wiggles at the same venue five years ago and he LOVED IT!
Say It Ain't So was the highlight for us. Great night! Thanks Weezer!
That was the Playlist.

Mr. Sweeney said:
Falling for You? I can die now.

Stefan said:

Nick said:
Does anyone know the setlist? I'm really curious what the greatest hits setlist was.

Set 1(Greatest Hits)
1. Memories
2. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To (feat. Jorge Garcia)
3. Troublemaker
4. Pork and Beans
5. Beverly Hills
6. Keep Fishin'
7. Photograph
8. Island in the Sun
9. Hash Pipe
10. Falling For You

=INTERMISSION=

Set 2(Blue Album)
1. My Name is Jonas
2. No One Else
3. The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
4. Buddy Holly
5. Undone - The Sweater Song
6. Surf Wax America
7. Say it Ain't So
8. In the Garage
9. Holiday
10. Only in Dreams

I wan't there, but thats what I read online.
I would also reaaally want to know how the VIP stuff went.
judging from the videos on youtube, it was an amazing concert! i really hope the band releases a Memories Tour concert dvd. it will help those of us that could not make it the show big time =)
I had an awesome time last night and can't wait for tonight's show. But I thought the same thing as you when they played Falling For You. On one hand I was super excited since I love that song and I've never seen them play it live. On the other hand I kept thinking, "hey! they're not supposed to repeat songs!"

Stefan P'Pool JR said:
I heard the show was crazy! I can't wait to see it in chicago! I was surprised to see a falling for you on the set list for tba. I thought rivers said they wouldn't play a song twice in the two nights? Anyhow the set list looks awesome and it's cool they wore the same outfits from the album!

Dannyc said:
How long was the break? What were the set times?

The break was like 15 minutes..? The ticket said 8:15pm.. I assume that is when the opening act started.. I didn't show up until 9:15pm when Weezer was supposed to start.. they started about 9:30pm.. I would say the first set ended at 10:15pm and the second set started at 10:30pm.. the show ended about 11:15pm.

trailmix said:

Dannyc said:
How long was the break? What were the set times?

The break was like 15 minutes..? The ticket said 8:15pm.. I assume that is when the opening act started.. I didn't show up until 9:15pm when Weezer was supposed to start.. they started about 9:30pm.. I would say the first set ended at 10:15pm and the second set started at 10:30pm.. the show ended about 11:15pm.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but during that intermission Karl spent about 5-10 minutes doing a slide show which was cool. He was backstage on a microphone so we couldn't see him, but they showed photos from their early concerts/rehearsals and a lot of the fliers/posters promoting early shows. I was hoping Matt Sharp would be a surprise guest, but no
Hmm, I don't agree. I wouldn't consider playing a song, from the other night's album during their Greatest hits set, as repeating songs. I would think it would be weird if they didn't play at least one song of Blue on Pinkerton Night, and one Pinkerton on Blue night, during the Greatest Hits list.

My brother went to the Blue show in LA last night, and he was disappointed that he wasn't going to be able to make it to Pinkerton as well. But he said he was really joyous when he heard the opening guitar to Falling For You, and that made it a extremely satisfying show. It would totally suck if you could only go to one night, and you heard songs from every one of the albums but they just skipped over playing a song from the other album, which is probably your 2nd favorite album. Not for my brother, Pinkerton is his favorite, but he could only find friends to go with him om the Blue album night.

Me and my roommate found 2 groups of friends for each night. Yeay. Its like 2 whole Weezer themed parties. And I wouldn't mind hearing Falling for You or any other song from those albums twice.

Jessica Gutierrez said:
I had an awesome time last night and can't wait for tonight's show. But I thought the same thing as you when they played Falling For You. On one hand I was super excited since I love that song and I've never seen them play it live. On the other hand I kept thinking, "hey! they're not supposed to repeat songs!"

Stefan P'Pool JR said:
I heard the show was crazy! I can't wait to see it in chicago! I was surprised to see a falling for you on the set list for tba. I thought rivers said they wouldn't play a song twice in the two nights? Anyhow the set list looks awesome and it's cool they wore the same outfits from the album!
It's important to say that everyone who attended the show watched the band performing "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here"for the first time in 13 years, you're so lucky
Yeah, how was it??? I'm hearing that is was an awesome show, but haven't heard too many comments on individual songs. Always wanted to hear World Has Turned, live. A couple more nights away....

Ricardo Mendez said:
It's important to say that everyone who attended the show watched the band performing "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here"for the first time in 13 years, you're so lucky

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video