All right, you whippersnappers. Look on YouTube for "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" by Elton John and, ahem, Kiki Dee. Or Wikipedia her. I'm not suggesting that's literally who is being mentioned in TGGH, since I didn't write it, but it is a distinctive name and someone who was popular when people of a certain age were young. Sorry I can't embed it for you, I'm on a mobile device and it's a pain to get YouTube links on this.

It's a great karaoke song if you want to really lay on the cheese, btw.

Views: 400

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Right from the start, you gave me your heart. Woah oh you gave me your heart.

LoveWeezer said:
Lisa, I love you
she's still quite fairly known in the uk, both for the elton duet (and her awsm fashion sense in the video) but also for a song she had that was used as the theme tune to a popular tv show in the 80s.

Jupiter 80 said:

I happen to be an Elton John fan.  If there's one thing to say about Kiki Dee, she didn't have too many hits before or after her duet with Elton in 1976.  So how exactly could she be considered influential or even inspirational as you suggest?  She by no means is on the same level as other female singer/songwriters like Aimee Mann, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, etc.

Lisa said:

I know, that's why I said I'm not suggesting that the song is literally about the singer. I was just trying to point out a possible inspiration for the distinctive name chosen. Thank you for being nice about it, though.

Can't wait to get the cd! Thanks.

eta: lol, Mark!

Gohi said:

Lisa, this song is about a girl Rivers saw at a high school reunion.

Also, your cd is being sent out today.

Lisa, don't disrespect Berry, dog. She is one of the only mods who is still active here and tries her best to help out. What happened here was only a misunderstanding. None of the other mods here help out at all... berry roolz.

Gohi said:
blah blah blah

berry roolz.
I'd suggest that Berry's response to my thread was more disrespectful than my reply, and that everyone on this board, particularly moderators, could be more respectful in general. But this thread is about Kiki Dee, so instead of arguing, I'll ask a question. Do you think DGBMH could be one of Rivers' heart songs?

Gohi said:
Lisa, don't disrespect Berry, dog. She is one of the only mods who is still active here and tries her best to help out. What happened here was only a misunderstanding. None of the other mods here help out at all... berry roolz.

Again, it was a misunderstanding. She already explained why she did it and, frankly, both Kiki Dee threads in the ATW section were enough to irritate me, lol.

I'm always respectful unless someone disrespecks me.

Which moderators could be more respectful (aside from berry and possibly myself)? I can't think of any other moderators who post here, besides Farkas.

I'mma say no... never listened to Debbie G, though.

lisa, your initial post was misguided and rather condescending. also, this is still all things not weezer so, you know - stick to non-weezer topics, yeah? it's pretty simple.

Lisa said:

Do you think DGBMH could be one of Rivers' heart songs?

Gohi said:
Let's forget this animosity, shall we? Just put on some polyester and big glasses, grab a mic, and rock it out with me, baby... "Don't go breakin' my heart..."
Polyester does not flatter me.
My initial post was not meant to be condescending in the slightest, and it's unfortunate that you took it that way. It genuinely seemed to me in the other threads that some people didn't know who Kiki Dee was. My "whippersnappers" comment was making fun of my own age.

I posted here because it was about Kiki Dee, not about Weezer.

The only thing misguided here was me thinking that I might have a friendly exchange on this board. Your reply to my post was rude, and you continue to be so.

b e r r y [berry] said:

lisa, your initial post was misguided and rather condescending. also, this is still all things not weezer so, you know - stick to non-weezer topics, yeah? it's pretty simple.

Lisa said:

Gohi said:

as i pointed out, had you read those threads, it would have been immediately clear that no-one was confused about who kiki dee is/was so i really have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the 'whippersnappers' here did not know who she was (or that they would be incapable of googling for themselves if anyone genuinely was confused). that you assumed people didn't know who kiki dee is/was is quite patronising, as was the tone of your post. if you want respect, maybe you should start by acting in a respectful manner yourself.   

also, it's inaccurate to claim you started out posting about kiki dee and not weezer, as you clearly make reference to a weezer song in your initial post. also, you've since made a further reference to weezer.

you're welcome to engage in friendly exchanges. however, please refrain from making weezer-related threads/posts in all things not weezer. i can't say it any clearer so i'm hoping you get the message this time.

Lisa said:

My initial post was not meant to be condescending in the slightest, and it's unfortunate that you took it that way. It genuinely seemed to me in the other threads that some people didn't know who Kiki Dee was. My "whippersnappers" comment was making fun of my own age.

I posted here because it was about Kiki Dee, not about Weezer.

The only thing misguided here was me thinking that I might have a friendly exchange on this board. Your reply to my post was rude, and you continue to be so.

b e r r y [berry] said:

Lisa said:

Gohi said:

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video