I finally got a job interview set up for Thursday at 11:30 A.M. on Thursday for a place called Caribou Coffee. Have any of you ever worked in a coffee shop? I know our own Wilford Brimley has or still does work for Starbucks but that is pretty different from Caribou Coffee.

What was your favorite job you've ever had? What was the worst?

Tags: blow, jobs, lol

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, now I have 2 interviews at 2 separate locations of this place.
Nice, brofey.

Best was video game testing at 2K Games.  Got to test Borderlands, Civilization Revolution, Civ 4 and 5, BioShock, NBA 2K7-10, NHL 2K8-10, lots of Dora the Explorer games, The Bigs 1 and 2 (2 is AWESOME - imagine NBA JAM for baseball), MLB 2K7-10, and...MLB Manager - worst game ever.  I started as a tester, then moved up to middle management and told people what to test.  I lived in LA at this time, which also let me play in a Hootenanny show.

Worst was Target.  Worked there for 6 years, starting salary, $6, ending salary $8.88, I was part time, but still.  Also, never got to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Gohi, the coffee shop will guarantee you the opportunity to look at cute girls, all day.  Good luck in the interview.  They will appreciate that you are a musician, especially if the manager interviewing you is a girl.

both managers are the ladyfolk. Ahhh yeaah

I have a barista certificate, though I haven't ever used my coffee making skills in the workplace.

One of the best jobs I've had was working at the Sydney Opera House. Great venue, free tickets, excellent location.

However, my boss was difficult to work with and the work was repetitive.

What it comes down to are the people you're working with. If you respect those people, it makes a world of difference.

DJ/Promotions Director college radio

record store

bakery...nom nom nom

All way more fun than any grown-up job I've ever had.  Working for the radio station was the best.  Lots of good memories. Never had a job that I really hated.

Gohi,

It's the eve of your job interview.  Do you have your interview suit all picked out?

The only job I've had was working at a day camp and it was pretty awesome. Minus the fact that I was getting less than minimum wage.
I actually got another interview after the op. It went really well. I think tomorrow's will go even better. I wonder which location will hire me? I'm feeling pretty positive.
no offense, but its a job at a coffee shop....you damn well SHOULD feel pretty positive.  piece of cake, don't sweat it...the job is yours. 

Gohi said:
I actually got another interview after the op. It went really well. I think tomorrow's will go even better. I wonder which location will hire me? I'm feeling pretty positive.

OFFENSE TAKEN, SIR!

(I hope so. I usually get a job after being interviewed but the last two interviews I did didn't get me anywhere.)

Starbucks totally sucks, I hope your job is better. I also work in a super gay Boston neighborhood so that may affect the clientele.

But we make good tips. Usually an extra ~2 dollars an hour for the week.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video