Lately I've been listening to Jimmy Eat World a lot and I never realized how good they are. I know most people only know "The Middle" but they are so much better than that. Futures and Clarity are two of my most favorite albums of all time. I also really like Bleed American and their new album Invented. I get to see them live in Atlantic City in February so anyone who has seen them live I'd like to know what they played and how they were.

For anyone who's already a fan give your favorite album by them or song or whatever. If you haven't heard anything other than "The Middle" take a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjnomSVJh_0

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It takes a few listens to get used to Invented, but it's really good. What's your opinion on Chase This Light? I find a lot of people don't like it and I didn't right away, but now I do. Just wondering.

edgey44 said:
im listening to invented a lot, but futures is my fav JEW album
Chase This Light is really good, I got into that straight away. I'm thinking clarity is my favourite.
I'm seeing them support foo fighters next june!!
ok so static prevails both jim and tom share lead vocals, and its an awesome album, static and clarity put all so called emo albums too shame, unless we coulnt pinkerton, and then we all know how that works, but anyways, clarity is soooooooooo effin good dude, and static is really good too, u guys want to go on about chaASE the light, well listen to their self titles debut and then talk to me. jimmy rules. my fav songs would be Just watch the fireworks off clarity and get it faster off bleed american. early jimmy blows my effin mind, let it happen to you aswell.
Chase this light's good, I didn't say it was better than the early stuff, but it is good. It's the same with weezer, post-pinkerton is still worth talking about, but compared to blue and pinkerton it's nothing.

Zach Smith said:
ok so static prevails both jim and tom share lead vocals, and its an awesome album, static and clarity put all so called emo albums too shame, unless we coulnt pinkerton, and then we all know how that works, but anyways, clarity is soooooooooo effin good dude, and static is really good too, u guys want to go on about chaASE the light, well listen to their self titles debut and then talk to me. jimmy rules. my fav songs would be Just watch the fireworks off clarity and get it faster off bleed american. early jimmy blows my effin mind, let it happen to you aswell.
Are you saying that they aren't actual emo albums, or are you saying that there are better actual emo albums

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

well that's not true.

wait, it's true if you're referring to "so-called emo albums" rather than actual emo albums.

Zach Smith said:

I first heard of Jimmy Eat World when I was working at Target and their video for "Bleed American" came on the Target Video Network.  I bought the album for $4, then a couple monthes later, "The Middle" exploded...which ironicaly, before it was even a single, was the only album track I would always skip....always have hated that song.  But, the Bleed American album led me to Clarity and Static Prevails. 

Clarity is my favorite album, but their Singles Collection is also awesome, as well as their self-titled EP (wtih alt version of "Your New Aesthetic")

My favorite song though, would be "Pain".  That is one of their most rocking songs IMO.

I've seen them 3 times.  Once when they opened for Weezer on the Extended Midget Tour, once in Detroit at the Emerald Theater, and again at the Riveira in Chicago.  All shows have been great.  Their "pinkerton" is Clarity, but unlike Weezer did during the early 2000's, JEW played almost the entire album whenever I saw them.  They would play 2 songs from Static Prevails, then about 8 songs from Clarity and 8 songs from Bleed American.  They always closed their first set with "For Me This Is Heaven".  They have always sounded great and really put effort into each show....which you can see from the amount of sweat Jim Atkins produces.

I quit having a desire to see Jimmy Eat World live, when they got political on the Futures album.  And then, I haven't liked anything since Futures....Chase the Light was pathetic, and their new single isn't compelling me to listen to the rest of Invented. 

If you don't have a good collection of JEW b-sides, then you are missing A LOT of good material.  If you want a list, I'll send you a screen cap of my iTunes playlist....too many to type out.

so what i was meaning was like TBS and the used and all the damn kids with their black hair and highlights walking around with fallut boy hats and crying about cutting themselves. early to mid 2000's. all im saying is they nailed that sound before all those crappy bands and they did it without acting like p****** with eyeliner on. thats all im saying. and dude i mean come on, weve all heard clarity, thats as sincere as it gets from a band...im entitled to my opinion...... anyone who hasnt heard static prevails should go to youtube and listen to Thinking, thats all....Claire, Call it in the air, and Seventeen to hear some great early JEW....the whole album is awesome, but those songs are great to show how much the band has changed, and i do agree with the guy that compared it to pinkerton, nothing after matters, except that jimmy has some great songs even on bad albums, No great song exist on hurley.and bleed american was a great album, its just different, and its best to try something new then try to do clarity over again IMO. wow i just typed alot.
thats fair, it is your opinion, some might not agree, i do, but still man we are talking about jimmy, so we cshould be talking about how awesome they are and not how much better others might be. either way, they are a good band.

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:
i'm saying there are better emo albums.

Ben Phillips said:
Are you saying that they aren't actual emo albums, or are you saying that there are better actual emo albums

☺♥ kittens ♥☺ said:

well that's not true.

wait, it's true if you're referring to "so-called emo albums" rather than actual emo albums.

Zach Smith said:

at first i thought of chase this light was awful, but it did grow on me, only a little bit though. big step up when invented came out, 

in my opinion

Stephen Salay said:

It takes a few listens to get used to Invented, but it's really good. What's your opinion on Chase This Light? I find a lot of people don't like it and I didn't right away, but now I do. Just wondering.

edgey44 said:
im listening to invented a lot, but futures is my fav JEW album

Clarity is one of the best "emo" albums of all time.  I think "emo" started in the mid 90's with Sunny Day Real Estate and Pinkerton and then died in the early 2000's.  Some great bands came about, like The Promise Ring, The Get Up Kids, etc.... in the late 90's, and lo and behold, fell apart, or changed styles in the early 2000's.  Fall Out Boy and The Used and all those kind of bands is just Pop-Punk to me.

My rule of thumb for emo bands....if they wear graphic tees, or halfway zipped up hoodies, they aren't an emo band

Some people on this forum just go way overboard when it comes to discussing bands. Why can't we just be like" Yeah Jimmy eat world is a good band" instead of "well this album was good and this album was bad, I'm a complete douche bag". Sometimes I wish I had the ability to appear in front of you guys and just slap you.

All of Jimmy eat World is Genius.

at least agree to disagree and not turn every single forum discussion into a debate. It seems that is all anyone in forums do.  Annoying.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video