Hey,

I'm not sure how long some of you have been on here, but about two years ago I pitched an idea about a Weezer musical to this forum. The feedback wasn't great. Someone sent me a link to someone else who had a Weezer musical idea, although the other idea was a lot darker. A lot of people made fun of me. There were a few who did offer me some constructive criticism, though. They told me that I should take some classes before attempting a project this big.

Well, two years later, I've completed two years of college as a theatre major, and just received an A in advanced playwriting. I more than likely still have a very long way to go, but I think I've learned enough to at least start working on this again. 

So, let me just give a brief description of what I'm going for:

Island In The Sun: A Weezer Musical is a romantic comedy following 5 teens during their senior year of highschool. It encompasses the elements that teens go through as they're growing up: peer pressure, sexual experimentation, and a fear of the unknown. The characters, while over-the-top, are lovable in their own quirky ways. This musical uses songs mainly from the Green and Blue albums because they have a more fun, upbeat feel to them. 

I had a draft from two summers ago saved on my computer, and I just finished looking through it. You guys were right, it definitely needs a lot of work before I even consider sending it anywhere. Let me know what you guys think. Feedback is always nice!
(:

- Shelby Vicino

Views: 702

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

because it turned out so well last time?

Shelby Taylor Vicino said:

Once again, I thought coming to the Weezer site to tell you guys about this would be a good thing.

Well, last time I was still in high school and had very little writing experience. I understand why I wasn't taken seriously then, but now I've taken classes and learned what techniques work best for a staged show, especially comedy. I just thought you guys wouldn't be such a******* this time, but I guess I was wrong. I thought members of the same fandoms were supposed to support each other.

Whatever, tumblr liked my idea.

Are you watching my videos? Awesome! Watch them all, I could really use the money. I'm on that broke college kid status.

no i just had to take the long way around to get to your tumblr. i'm glad those six people liked your idea.

Oh, this is mature. I'm glad they did, too. 6 people liked it on tumblr, and 2 people didn't like it on here (this time around, although looking back, I had more people telling me my idea was interesting than stupid the first time, too), plus everyone I've told in person thinks it's a great idea, so it would appear that more people like my idea than hate it.

everyone you've told in person lied to you to avoid hurting your feelings.

Yeah, I mean that or everyone I've told in person has read what I've written, enjoys my writing style, and likes Weezer, but you're right. Let's all listen to this angsty guy using my youtube username...

oh these people are weezer fans too? i take it back; they aren't liars, they just have bad taste.

How can you say that when you know very little about this project?
I really don't want to sond like this person, but I can't help but feel like if I was a 17 year old misunderstood boy writing a darker musical with Weezer's music, you'd be jizzing your pants, but since I'm a college aged girl writing a comedy with Weezer's music, my idea sucks.

Have you ever considered that some fans of Weezer prefer the relaxing, fun side of their music? 

how can you say that when you know very little about myself?
i really don't want to sond like this person, but i can't help but feel like if i was a college aged girl you wouldn't have just tried to call me a sexist, but since i'm a random person on the internet who you think may be a dude, i'm totes sexist.

have you ever considered that some people on the internet who may be dudes just don't like shitty ideas, no matter who comes up with them?

I can say that because you're being openly rude about my idea, and you weren't openly rude about the "My Name Is Jonas" idea from the other thread. How are you so sure that my idea is a shitty one? Exactly. You don't know that it is, but you are loving trying to tear me down. 
And no, because if you were a college aged girl, you wouldn't be acting like a douchey little prick.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video