Hey,

I'm not sure how long some of you have been on here, but about two years ago I pitched an idea about a Weezer musical to this forum. The feedback wasn't great. Someone sent me a link to someone else who had a Weezer musical idea, although the other idea was a lot darker. A lot of people made fun of me. There were a few who did offer me some constructive criticism, though. They told me that I should take some classes before attempting a project this big.

Well, two years later, I've completed two years of college as a theatre major, and just received an A in advanced playwriting. I more than likely still have a very long way to go, but I think I've learned enough to at least start working on this again. 

So, let me just give a brief description of what I'm going for:

Island In The Sun: A Weezer Musical is a romantic comedy following 5 teens during their senior year of highschool. It encompasses the elements that teens go through as they're growing up: peer pressure, sexual experimentation, and a fear of the unknown. The characters, while over-the-top, are lovable in their own quirky ways. This musical uses songs mainly from the Green and Blue albums because they have a more fun, upbeat feel to them. 

I had a draft from two summers ago saved on my computer, and I just finished looking through it. You guys were right, it definitely needs a lot of work before I even consider sending it anywhere. Let me know what you guys think. Feedback is always nice!
(:

- Shelby Vicino

Views: 701

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

writing a musical that won't ever be made is productive? that's cute.

More productive than sitting on the Weezer forums being a dickweasel when you don't even like Weezer...

how rude and condescending.

Dude if you don't like Weezer, get the f*** out of here. Your band sucks anyway.

Honestly.

Indierocks said:

Dude if you don't like Weezer, get the f*** out of here. Your band sucks anyway.

let's review your comments re: "my band"

Indierocks said:

It's fookin' brilliant

Indierocks said:

How could you possibly think your "band" is good, let alone brilliant?! Coming from a guy who clearly hates you, I was either being nice or most likely being sarcastic.

why did you put band in quotation marks? is it not a band?

Hahaha!! You're really asking?

oh do you not understand quotation marks?

I'd call Weezer, The Strokes, The Stooges, The Beatles, and The Velvet Underground bands. Your project would not fit on any list with those names.

band  (bnd)
n.

a. A group of people: a band of outlaws.
b. A group of animals.
a. Anthropology A unit of social organization especially among hunter-gatherers, consisting of a usually small number of families living together cooperatively.
b. Canadian An aboriginal group officially recognized as an organized unit by the Canadian government. See Usage Note at First Nation.
3. A group of musicians who perform as an ensemble.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video