I love the song 'Where's my sex' but the lyrics are absolute nonsense.

While listening to it, it got me thinking, did they hear 'Sex on Fire' by Kings of Leon and then set out to make a song that was not only musically superior, but lyrically even more utterly ridiculous than the KoL song?

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nah dawg...

"Where's My Sex?"... replace "sex" with "socks" and you'll get it.
Rivers' daughter misspoke asking "Where's [her] socks?" and it inspired Rivers to write a funny song.
Haha, is that true? Makes sense now reading the lyrics.

That's pretty awesome.
yeah daaawwg.
False. It's really funny.

And yeah, true story. He said it in an interview that I'm too lazy to look up.
Gotta love Weezer. =W=

j-biebs said:
let me fix this for you...

Radioactive said:
Nah dawg...

Rivers' daughter misspoke asking "Where's [her] socks?" and it inspired Rivers to write a funny terrible song.
His daughter (or maybe his wife) said sex instead of socks and he decided to write a song about it.
I must be, because I love this song.

j-biebs said:
i guess it could be funny, if you're mentally retarded. are you mentally retarded?

Radioactive said:
False. It's really funny.

And yeah, true story. He said it in an interview that I'm too lazy to look up.
Gotta love Weezer. =W=

j-biebs said:
let me fix this for you...

Radioactive said:
Nah dawg...

Rivers' daughter misspoke asking "Where's [her] socks?" and it inspired Rivers to write a funny terrible song.
I love the double meaning in this song. It makes literal sense when you replace "sex" with "sock(s)", but it's also comical how you can use your imagination for the actual lyrics. I mean, when cave men figured out socks, it was convenient. But when they figured out SEX, they thought, "Gosh dang, this is great!" I also love the way this song SOUNDS. It has a unique presence to it; at least to me.

I think it's pretty cool how this song seems dirty but beneath the surface it's harmless. While, Smart Girls is the complete opposite. Replace "Smart" with "Hot", and that's what he really means.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video