You have to wonder, after a Pinkerton Deluxe release, the memories tour, and the release of 2 albums recently, are the boys running low on dough? Rivers has never expressed a renewed interest in Pinkerton or really even most of the Blue album prior to the announcement of the tour, which as we all know was outrageously overpriced and funded by the State Farm insurance agency. And now they've recorded the State Farm theme?! Remember when Brian said that the Hurley clothing company was paying for the record to be made and that's why they were calling it "Hurley." Rivers was VERY quick to say they had nothing to do with the record, yet it is named Hurley, the company is thanked very profusely on the record, and the band did a photo shoot in Hurley clothes. Not to mention the Hurley/Weezer clothing line. Also, we all know Weezer recently denied a renewed contract with Geffen records, the most prestigious and most expensive record company in the world, in order to sign with the indie label Epitaph, which most musicians can attest to, takes less profit from album sales than labels such as Geffen. On top of all that, Rivers has recently expressed interest in releasing new Weezer music strictly online. Is this perhaps to cut the costs of album production? Weezer hasn't had any real success worth mention since Make Believe, now one of their least favored records, and with the continuous spiral down the musical toilet from Red to Rad to DTFM, what else could we expect? Beverly Hills, arguably the fan's last hit choice, is the band's highest grossing single to date, and that was over half a decade ago now. What do you think?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know, dinosaurs are extinct...

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:
PARAGRAPHS
Those are all very valid points you made. I wouldn't say that they are broke, compared to all of us. They just are making way less money then they used to.
Make Believe: about 2 million sold
Red: 600,000
Raditude: 250,000
Hurley: 46,000
That's a huge decline in album sales.
Where did you find these stats?

Michael Barrios said:
Those are all very valid points you made. I wouldn't say that they are broke, compared to all of us. They just are making way less money then they used to. Make Believe: about 2 million sold Red: 600,000
Weezerpedia, before it crashed.

The dreWid said:
Where did you find these stats?

Michael Barrios said:
Those are all very valid points you made. I wouldn't say that they are broke, compared to all of us. They just are making way less money then they used to. Make Believe: about 2 million sold Red: 600,000 Raditude: 250,000
pedia crashed?!

In short: Yes.

The guys used to stop over and "mooch" dinner off me once a week. Now they come over so much i'm tempted to charge them rent (but alas they are broke).

Do you really think the retro outfits for the Memories tour was planned outfits? The guys had their houses, cars, clothes, EVERYTHING, repossesed due to lack of hit singles.  

Scott's mullet isn't by choice. The man literally can't afford to go to the barber. Pat's back on drums, because he had to pawn his guitars for gas money just to get the tour bus rollin'. You got Brian autographing CDs just to get a few extra sales after shows. Times are tough i tell you!

I just wish i wouldn't of lent the guys $20 each last Tuesday for MD 20/20.  You live and you learn i guess...

Lol

BankyConan said:

In short: Yes.

The guys used to stop over and "mooch" dinner off me once a week. Now they come over so much i'm tempted to charge them rent (but alas they are broke).

Do you really think the retro outfits for the Memories tour was planned outfits? The guys had their houses, cars, clothes, EVERYTHING, repossesed due to lack of hit singles.  

Scott's mullet isn't by choice. The man literally can't afford to go to the barber. Pat's back on drums, because he had to pawn his guitars for gas money just to get the tour bus rollin'. You got Brian autographing CDs just to get a few extra sales after shows. Times are tough i tell you!

I just wish i wouldn't of lent the guys $20 each last Tuesday for MD 20/20.  You live and you learn i guess...

haha, when i read the headline i thought it was in reference to making records
Album sales don't affect the band's wallet that much. They get most of their money from touring.

Michael Barrios said:
Those are all very valid points you made. I wouldn't say that they are broke, compared to all of us. They just are making way less money then they used to.
I WANT SOURCES.

Paperface said:
Album sales don't affect the band's wallet that much. They get most of their money from touring.

Michael Barrios said:
as much as i like weezer, i have my own money worries to think of. 

lets be honest they wont be broke or near that........if they were broke they could of had a larger memories tour to bring in more money, by the reaction of people on the boards it would of been a success in a lot of places, including canada, uk/ europe and austrailia. i dont think they are broke.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video