Rivers Cuomo hasnt aged since 1994. Anyone else agree that he looks almost exactly the same in every music video?

Maybe he sleeps in an oxygen chamber like Michael Jackson did?

Tags: cuomo, immortal, is, rivers, weezer

Views: 659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"he looks ALMOST the same" not identical you f♥cking dumb♥ss

Blueperton said:
He's bald now! And wrinkly! You're a complete idiot!
Blueperton is just jealous.  Believe me when I tell you this.

Indiekid said:
"he looks ALMOST the same" not identical you f♥cking dumb♥ss

Blueperton said:

I knew I would get called out on this haha

I agree it's no longer what it was; and yes he certainly can't be jumping around like a madman if he wants to sound his best...but I guess I was just referring to how very few people can even resemble their early material/recordings...like Bon Jovi, he can't hit half the notes in his old hits, let alone sound anything like the recording (not the best example maybe but what popped in my head at this moment).

How he performed Butterfly at the LA show of the Memories tour was amazing...which is what I had in my head when I posted... I think in this Axe performance, he wasn't "trying" much--he's not even playing-- just running around singing; and you're right, he definitely sounds winded and strained. ((random note, I am so pissed I missed this show)) 

Anyway, thanks for posting the videos, really interesting to see+hear side by side.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

Cherrie said:

His voice certainly still sounds basically the same as it did ten years ago

Not really, unfortunately. This video comes to mind when I think of his voice today:

and here he is singing the same song around 10 years ago:

I've noticed that his tone has really been suffering in the last year or two. That may be a side-effect from his more active stage persona though. For the most part, he sounded terrific on the Memories tour when he wasn't jumping on trampolines, scaling the scaffolding and running around the venue like a little kid.

It's a shame that it is starting to be noticeable and really I hope the damage is reversible. Rivers has a beautifully unique voice and it'd be horrible to see it go to sh*t. I'm really thankful that he does take good care of himself health-wise, he's doing all he can to ensure he gets the most mileage out of his voice and it could be a lot worse if he still did drugs/drank alcohol.

This is the greatest question ever.
Rivers will live on in all of us

and our children

and their children

and their children

but then a nuclear was will occur and everyone will die...........erasing the memories or Mr Cuomo

so no - he isnt immortal but close
Geez Kenny!

Blueperton said:
I don't think he looks the same. He was a lot scrawnier when he was younger. Haha. And plus he had a full bowl cut head of hair and now he's balding, so I think he looks older. Haha.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video