Is Longtime Sunshine the best song Rivers has ever written?

I've been listening to this one a lot lately, and every time I do, it just seems more and more beautiful. From the acoustic strumming to the delicate piano. To the drums and, of course, the flute, the entire song is close to flawless. And those lyrics are some of the best Rivers has ever written. So emotional. Desolate, lonely, and depressed, yet still inviting and hopeful. It's always stood out to me, and I'm not sure if I consiter their best, but it's up there. Thoughts?

Tags: Best, Longtime, Rivers, Sunshine

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it might be
I like it a lot. But I don't think it's the best he's written.
Everyone makes such a big deal out of this song. I like it too, but it's not THAT good.
It's definitely one of my favorites.
Best ever, probably not. Fantastic song, oh yeah! It's probably my favorite track off both Alone albums, and honestly, it's the track I'm most excited for on Pinkerton Deluxe.
Any song where Rivers shares an emotion that we can all relate too is a great one, but I wouldn't say it's his best. Definitely up there though.
I am a huge fan of this song, I didn't know it was a Pinkerton era track until very recently, but I think its in the top 20...maybe
Yes...it really is.
I really hope that version's going to be great. Rivers has ruined some fantastic demos by doing them with the full band (Prettiest Girl, Can't Stop Partying.) But the little snippet I've heard sounds fantastic.

GuitarGuyTim said:
Best ever, probably not. Fantastic song, oh yeah! It's probably my favorite track off both Alone albums, and honestly, it's the track I'm most excited for on Pinkerton Deluxe.
Can't Stop Partying had a band?

Mr. Sweeney said:
I really hope that version's going to be great. Rivers has ruined some fantastic demos by doing them with the full band (Prettiest Girl, Can't Stop Partying.) But the little snippet I've heard sounds fantastic.

GuitarGuyTim said:
Well, it had four guys on snyths.

blakesp26 said:
Can't Stop Partying had a band?

Mr. Sweeney said:

GuitarGuyTim said:
No. But it's a great song

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video