Is it just me or does Weezer have better b-sides and demos?

I mean every listen to tragic girl, getting up and leaving, you gave your love to me softly, waiting on you, Susanne, Jamie, devotion, you wont get with me tonight, always, sugar booger, paperface, broken arrows, modern dukes, the sister song, too late to try, O girl, living without you, booby trap, untenable, crying and lonely, zeb jamb, how long, little songs, new joint, miss sweeny, pig, starlight, your room, faith in the light, running man, big chip, California, preacher's son, the organ player, queen of the earth, porcupine, spend some time, the story is wrong, misstep, the rat race, peace and quiet, superstar, i just threw out the love of my dreams, are friends electric, i need some touch, thief you've taken all that was me, mad kow, high up above, we go together, Christmas celebration, lullaby, oh lisa, brightening day, teenage victory song, oh no this is not for me, mansion of cardboard, everybody wants a chance to feel all alone, sandwiches time, souvenirs novelties party tricks, lets sew our pants together, and much more this is just some of there demos and b-sides that are really good! i think the blue through green album ones are really good and should've been but on a cd the other ones are really good to but these ones are just amazing!

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you really have to name them all?  Anyways, I dislike some of which you listed, but I do agree that Weezer has a wealth of great b-sides.  I also wonder if it's healthy that I've listened to each b-side listed and more...
It wasn't really necessary to list them all, but yes, I agree that they do have some stellar demos lying in the vaults. O Girl is one of the most powerful, condensed pop songs I've ever heard and it's a damn shame that it didn't make it to the studio. I could easily see it taking Crab's place on the Green album.

Like many fans, I make playlists of my ideal tracklist for each album. My Maladroit and Red tracklists house around 60-70% of omitted material, it's a real shame because that stuff could've lifted both albums into a whole new level of quality.
yeah i know i think starlight and getting up and leaving shouldve made a album they were real good. also waiting on you

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
It wasn't really necessary to list them all, but yes, I agree that they do have some stellar demos lying in the vaults. O Girl is one of the most powerful, condensed pop songs I've ever heard and it's a damn shame that it didn't make it to the studio. I could easily see it taking Crab's place on the Green album.

Like many fans, I make playlists of my ideal tracklist for each album. My Maladroit and Red tracklists house around 60-70% of omitted material, it's a real shame because that stuff could've lifted both albums into a whole new level of quality.
there all really good especially the SS2k songs
How did you not list Comin Home? That would have been one of the first that I would have thought of!
That song is seriously my Thanksgiving anthem now.  Just like "I Want To Take You Home Tonight" is my New Year's Eve anthem.  Both songs are not about either holiday, but the brief mentions of turkey in "Comin' Home" and New Year's Eve in "IWTTYHT" are enough for me. lol

The dreWid said:
How did you not list Comin Home? That would have been one of the first that I would have thought of!
I listened to I want to take you home tonight on new years eve too

David Stepp (DJS92491) said:
That song is seriously my Thanksgiving anthem now.  Just like "I Want To Take You Home Tonight" is my New Year's Eve anthem.  Both songs are not about either holiday, but the brief mentions of turkey in "Comin' Home" and New Year's Eve in "IWTTYHT" are enough for me. lol

The dreWid said:
Which you have done!

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
 My Maladroit and Red tracklists house around 60-70% of omitted material, it's a real shame because that stuff could've lifted both albums into a whole new level of quality.
yeah i know weezer just has so many good demos and b-sides. i wish they would've just put them all on a cd, so there may be like 30 songs but it would be awesome and i would buy it. and the songs get a chance for people to hear them who aren't weezer fanatics like me.
Often it's difficult to recapture what happens on a demo.  I find it's often more exciting to have a general outline of how a song should go and just go for it.  It captures that same kind of fresh demo energy that gets lost when something is labored over endlessly (which is usually a bad sign, not always).
I have to agree completely Pat. Whenever I overwork one of my songs it seems the feelings that were originally conveyed slowly dissipate.

Pat Wilson said:
Often it's difficult to recapture what happens on a demo.  I find it's often more exciting to have a general outline of how a song should go and just go for it.  It captures that same kind of fresh demo energy that gets lost when something is labored over endlessly (which is usually a bad sign, not always).
yeah i know what your saying its just i wish songs like sugar booger and starlight wouldve made the green album and just have been added on not just a demo and a b-side. or getting up and leaving, tragic girl, and waiting on you just have been added to the cd.

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:
I have to agree completely Pat. Whenever I overwork one of my songs it seems the feelings that were originally conveyed slowly dissipate.

Pat Wilson said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video