live songs on Pinkerton deluxe? Out of all the choices they probably had they are gonna fill it with THAT many live versions? From the iTunes samples they all sound pretty good but I honestly don't think that enough b-sides are on it, especially b-sides we haven't heard. Even if they remastered they won't be anything new. I am still very excited about it and if a discussion like this has already been made I apologize.

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah that's true, I just thought it would have material I would actually be excited about.
I've never entirely understood the excitement for Pinkerton Deluxe. We're getting 2 songs...

The new artwork, pictures, and stories will be cool though.

I look at it this way, if you're going to own old music then it should be well, old. When another 15 years go by would you rather say you own a copy of Pinkerton in its orininal packaging anyways? However, some people like to buy EVERYTHING that Weezer puts out. That's cool.
I'm most excited about Getting Up & Leaving, Tragic Girl, the tracking roughs of a few songs and the alternate versions of stuff like Longtime Sunshine... I just wish we were getting more of that.

But I'm not complaining! This is like 10x better than blue deluxe.

I just wish we got that version of superfriend Weezer were shown recording on VCD. Gotta remember there's an alone 3 (and 4) coming out in the future with more cool stuff too!
I would love this if it didn't have all the live tracks, I am okay with remastered b sides and the stuff you named...it's just a little underwhelming.
i've been trying to figure out why 'superfriend' is kinda swept under the rug on this release. not a single version of it...really?! i think of that as a pinkerton era song and in fact on video capture device dvd we even have a clip of them rehearsing it. very weird that would be excluded in exchange for so many versions live songs
wasnt there a full band blast off?
Nope, no full band Blast Off. Devotion, IJTOTLOMD, Waiting on You, Longtime Sunshine, ect. ect. I love all of those songs though.
I'm more upset about the live tracks they decided to put on the record. No Across the Sea, no Getchoo, no Butterfly, no Falling for You, no Tired of Sex. But theres three versions of Pink Triangle, the Good Life, and Pink Triangle (three great songs, but maybe a little overboard.) The selection of places they recorded at is a bit stale too. The only real live one is at Reading, sure to be great, but I'd love to hear some grimy little club dates. Maybe someday they'll release a true live album, but until then, I'm sticking to the few Pinkerton era bootlegs I've got.

Bill said:
i've been trying to figure out why 'superfriend' is kinda swept under the rug on this release. not a single version of it...really?! i think of that as a pinkerton era song and in fact on video capture device dvd we even have a clip of them rehearsing it. very weird that would be excluded in exchange for so many versions live songs

there is no Superfriend on tape, it was destroyed, and the very few other studio bits we left off were WAY too rough or incomplete or flawed in some way to include. We tried to include everything that sounded good. In the end theres only like 1-2 things i wish could have been on but just werent good or complete enough. this deluxe package is just about as chock full as was possible.
now i wonder what the 1-2 things were...

these will become the new most desired recordings. i'm calling it right now.
That's so sad to hear, that the tape holding the Superfriend perfromance was destroyed. :(

Bummer.

karl koch [karlophone] said:

Bill said:

there is no Superfriend on tape, it was destroyed, and the very few other studio bits we left off were WAY too rough or incomplete or flawed in some way to include. We tried to include everything that sounded good. In the end theres only like 1-2 things i wish could have been on but just werent good or complete enough. this deluxe package is just about as chock full as was possible.
a future recording history update will list what we found but didnt put on the deluxe. youll question our sanity on a few of them but you must trust that everyone involved listened very carefully and agreed they were not releaseable, despite the tantalizing glimpses they may have offered at what never was.

the total lack of superfriend on any tape was surprising but its now assumed it was wiped back in '96 for some reason that probably seemed good at the time, i.e. shortly after the run though that i caught on video (seen on VCD)

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
That's so sad to hear, that the tape holding the Superfriend perfromance was destroyed. :(

Bummer.

karl koch [karlophone] said:

Bill said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video