This is something that's puzzled me for years. On Tired of Sex, there is an instrument in the background supplying most of the backing beat. I've always thought it was a synthesizer, but lately I've been thinking maybe it's a guitar. Synth makes sense because TOS was originally a SFTBH song, which all had a synth base. But when the song is played live, they use a guitar, and the sound is similar to the solo, which is clearly guitar. Any thoughts?

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bet it was a Moog synth, but, when they play the song live—which I would love to see—, they use a synth effect on the guitar.

But nowadays, I think that Brian Bell plays synth now—he did at least when I saw them.
Ok just kidding...anyway, it's definitely a keyboard on the record and not guitar. I don't know what you mean by "most of the backing beat" though. In fact, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It is a drone that provides ambiance in the background and contributes to the tension in the song, but it has nothing to do with the "backing beat".
Synth
Sounds like a Moog Synth. It sounds just like what was used In The Rentals- Return of the Rentals.
back beat, word is on the street, the fire in your heart is out

BackToSchool said:
Ok just kidding...anyway, it's definitely a keyboard on the record and not guitar. I don't know what you mean by "most of the backing beat" though. In fact, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It is a drone that provides ambiance in the background and contributes to the tension in the song, but it has nothing to do with the "backing beat".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video