I just don't really understand why everyone is so harsh on the post Blue and Pinkerton albums. Yes, these albums are magnificent and timeless, and changed music in my opinion. But then the Green Album came out with even more pop-rock gems. Then Maladroit which is one of the hard-ass-rockinest albums I've ever heard. These albums are amazing. Then Make Believe came along and shook things up with some beautifully produced melodies and still some intense rockers. Then Red, once again awesome songs. Greatest Man Who Ever Lived? Unbelievable. And Raditude which seems to get so much flack. This album is so fun. From the extremely catchy first notes of If You're Wondering to the club anthem I Cant Stop Partying, this album soars. And now we have Hurley which is  like a throwback to the days of old. So what if you don't think these albums are as "timeless" or "perfect" as the first 2 albums. I don't think people understand that Rivers is pouring out his heart here and giving us his words and music. To be so rude and hurtful to him is just wrong I think. I love all of Weezer's albums, and I don't think Rivers owes it to anyone to make 6 more Pinkertons. All I'm saying is give the guy a break, and just enjoy the music.

Thank you, and Good Night.

Venting over.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You guys are weird.
You know nothing about Rivers Cuomo.

Domenic Petrella said:
I agree, give Rivers a break. I would like to see you write as many great songs as he has. You have to look at Weezer's discography as a whole package. He's a great song writer. He's written easily over a hundred songs. The songs are different (thank god) and they sound great, each in their own way. He doesn't need your negative comments (he probably doesn't give a s***). What counts here is that he is very creative. If you're not happy, go follow another band who have released 8 albums of outstanding material (no one comes to mind).
It's over 800 right?
I think I read its somewhere over 800
Yup. He has written over 800 songs. But not all necessarily for Weezer.

Josh Kitchen said:
Well that's great.

j-biebs said:
i heard it was over 900.

elscorcho said:

Josh Kitchen said:
FANTASTIC!

j-biebs said:
GREAT!

elscorcho said:
Well that's great.

j-biebs said:
i heard it was over 900.

elscorcho said:

Josh Kitchen said:
HUZZAH!

j-biebs said:
STUPENDOUS!

elscorcho said:
FANTASTIC!

j-biebs said:
GREAT!

elscorcho said:
Well that's great.

j-biebs said:
i heard it was over 900.

elscorcho said:

Josh Kitchen said:
That's alright. I was merely triumphant over your victory.

j-biebs said:
no, that doesn't work. you have failed.

elscorcho said:
HUZZAH!

j-biebs said:
STUPENDOUS!

elscorcho said:
FANTASTIC!

j-biebs said:
GREAT!

elscorcho said:
Well that's great.

j-biebs said:
i heard it was over 900.

elscorcho said:

Josh Kitchen said:
I can't imagine what it would be like to put a lot of time and effort into something, and then have a bunch of (very loud) people say they "hate it," or "it sucks."

Personally, I like to write, but odds are good I would never attempt to publish anything... simply for fear that people would not notice it... or worse, make fun of it. People can be so judgemental and cruel.

The problem is, the people that scream the loudest "hahaha, this sucks!" don't have anything better to show for themselves. It's a one-way street. You can criticize these guys' work, but they can't criticize your work. How many people who claim "everything after the first two albums sucks" would have the cojones to put up their most prized creation and allow it to be judged by millions of people? Probably not too many. Worse, half of those people probably don't really mean what they say - they're just jumping on some invisible bandwagon because they think it makes them sound "elite."
life is one criticism after another. deal with it. if you're afraid of being critiqued in life, you will have a tough time. and they put music out for millions of people to hear...of course they would get criticized...they are big boys, they can handle it.

GalaxyDuster said:
I can't imagine what it would be like to put a lot of time and effort into something, and then have a bunch of (very loud) people say they "hate it," or "it sucks."

Personally, I like to write, but odds are good I would never attempt to publish anything... simply for fear that people would not notice it... or worse, make fun of it. People can be so judgemental and cruel.

The problem is, the people that scream the loudest "hahaha, this sucks!" don't have anything better to show for themselves. It's a one-way street. You can criticize these guys' work, but they can't criticize your work. How many people who claim "everything after the first two albums sucks" would have the cojones to put up their most prized creation and allow it to be judged by millions of people? Probably not too many. Worse, half of those people probably don't really mean what they say - they're just jumping on some invisible bandwagon because they think it makes them sound "elite."
I agree. He isn't gonna write another Pinkerton because (1) He has said he doesn't want to and (2) His situation has changed. He can't honestly write the sad, lonely, type stuff because he's married, has a kid, and sounds pretty darn happy. Even though Blue and Pinkerton were amazing, I haven't hated a Weezer song yet, and I don't think I ever will.

BTW, well said Josh.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video