what games should i get?
where do you buy your games?

i used to have a ps2 and mostly played games involving killing people, if that helps. i also had one of the really old madden football games. was planning on starting out with two games, probably GTA IV because it's cheap and i'm familiar with the series, but i haven't decided on the second game.

Tags: quarter-life crisis

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

games are expensive...so you will want something with lasting appeal.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION

i have three large televisions lol

Stefan said:
why do you have three playstations? lol
iawtp

blakesp26 said:

games are expensive...so you will want something with lasting appeal.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION

yes, red dead redemption is definitely on my list.
oh yeah, you're a lawyer

hintofcoolness said:

Stefan said:

GTA IV?  If you like that game you'll love Red Dead Redemption, which is a must buy (with the Undead Nightmare pack after you beat it)... Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 and 2... and to a lesser extent Black Ops are great.  Batman: Arkham Asylum is EXCELLENT.  Others mentioned already buuut, the new Mortal Kombat is coming soon.

Also, be sure to get on Xbox Live, all kinds of awesome arcade games and multiplayer to take advantage of.  You can download stuff like Earthworm Jim HD, Perfect Dark HD, X-Men Arcade, TMNT Arcade (1989), Duke Nukem 3D, etc.

lol

hintofcoolness said:

Stefan said:

Have you had a look at the PS3 and xbox exclusive lists side by side? Personally, I really thought the exclusives on the PS3 were a lot stronger than the 360's, so I went for that.

To Cracker Jack:

My heart is with Nintendo.  I've had the most fun on the Wii, so I'm not biased to either 360 or PS3, even though I own a 360.

I worked at 2K Games for 3 years, testing online games like BioShock 2, Borderlands, NBA 2K10, etc....and I've come to learn that the online play for the PS3 is much worse than online play for the Xbox 360.  Here's why:

Microsoft has Xbox Live, which means game companies pay Microsoft to host their servers.  Sony has no online service like this, so the game companies have to host their own servers.  For super popular games, like Call of duty, Killzone, etc...the game companies can pay big bucks for nice servers, but for smaller games, online experiences can be terrible, just because the game companies don't know how to run their servers.

I've experienced hacking on the Xbox 360, but have experienced the same hacks on PS3.  These hacks have made for some seriously awesome user created content though.

As far as hardware and graphics go, the PS3 has the Xbox beat hands down.  PS3 uses Blu-Ray and cell technology.  The Xbox 360 will be obsolete in 4 years, whereas the PS3 will be around for at least 10 more years because of the excellent hardware and graphics processing power it has.

PS3 does have a stronger list of exclusives, but, from my experience video game testing, PS3 versions ALWAYS have more bugs/defects in them for non-exclusives.  This is simply because developers don't know how to program for the PS3.  Sony is very hands off when it comes to helping developers program for their system.

All in all, I'd recommend a PS3 to anyone in the console video game market.  You'll get more bang for your buck.

play some emulators.
Couldnt be bothered reading through all the posts so sorry if someone had already suggested any of these

Resident Evil 5
Gears of War 2
Prince of Persia-Forgotten sands (If you want something which covers puzzle/adventure/fighting)

yeah, i changed my mind and decided to go with the ps3.

i've never played games online before, but i'd like to have the option to do so without paying extra for it, even if it's not as good as xbox live. i'm starting with gta iv and batman: arkham asylum, as i found them for a good price, but i will for sure check out all of the games mentioned in this thread.

thanks for the help, jerks.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

All in all, I'd recommend a PS3 to anyone in the console video game market.  You'll get more bang for your buck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video