what games should i get?
where do you buy your games?

i used to have a ps2 and mostly played games involving killing people, if that helps. i also had one of the really old madden football games. was planning on starting out with two games, probably GTA IV because it's cheap and i'm familiar with the series, but i haven't decided on the second game.

Tags: quarter-life crisis

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

'Cept you can get Oblivion for cheap now-a-days. If he doesn't like it, he knows not to spend full price on Skyrim.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
He should just wait to get Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, instead of wasting his money on both.

G Foo Chombey said:

If you want a game to eat your life, try Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion or Dragon Age II.

If you want a good party game, try Rock Band (avoid guitar hero)

If you want a good online game, try any Halo, Gears of War 3 (when it's out), and anything else that still sells for new price.

If you want to just play a few casual games, try Fable 3, Fallout, Need for Speed, Marvel v Capcom, or Mortal Kombat.

However, you best bet right now would be to rent a few games and get a feel for games so you know if you want them or not.

pfft, renting video games. you and your good ideas, chombey.

G Foo Chombey said:

However, you best bet right now would be to rent a few games and get a feel for games so you know if you want them or not.

-------

yes, that one does look fun.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:The new Need For Speed is awesome!

------

ok, sell me on the ps3.
bear in mind that i haven't adopted blu-ray (yet), and can already do computer to tv for internet and netflix streaming. you can do the ps3 online play for free, right? how does that compare to xbox live?

Captain Jack said:

I have a ps3, and i recommend you get that, but if you prefer xbox thats cool.
Thank you Mr. Langbehn. I've been a bit occupied lately with my mission to seek out and destroy anything and everything with a pulse. Haven't had time to research it. I appreciate the heads up.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
It's called down-loadable content now (DLC).  They usually don't come in packs anymore, just individual games for around $2-5.

Terminator said:
Do they still make arcade classic compilations for the newest systems? I miss my playstation 1 Namco museum collection with joust, poll position, defender, marble madness.
True, but if he doesn't like Oblivion then he should be shot.

G Foo Chombey said:
'Cept you can get Oblivion for cheap now-a-days. If he doesn't like it, he knows not to spend full price on Skyrim.

Scott Alan Perkins said:
He should just wait to get Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, instead of wasting his money on both.

G Foo Chombey said:

If you want a game to eat your life, try Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion or Dragon Age II.

If you want a good party game, try Rock Band (avoid guitar hero)

If you want a good online game, try any Halo, Gears of War 3 (when it's out), and anything else that still sells for new price.

If you want to just play a few casual games, try Fable 3, Fallout, Need for Speed, Marvel v Capcom, or Mortal Kombat.

thanks for the info, jack. i do like the idea of the ps store, and uncharted 2 does look like a cool game.

has anyone played that batman: arkham asylum game?

that game is flucking awesome. I forgot about it, Arkham City is coming out shortly as well

fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:

thanks for the info, jack. i do like the idea of the ps store, and uncharted 2 does look like a cool game.

I haven't played it, but my friend talked for a couple months straight about how awesome it is. He has the "game of the year edition" which comes with a 3D version of the game. He has it on ps3, but according to him it's an amazing game.

-50,000 for Crackerjack

CrackerJack said:
Also, uncharted 2 was among the best games i have ever played.
-100,000 for Crackerjack

CrackerJack said:

You cant take points away for something like that.  Alot of people agree with me.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves

Arkham Asylum is great. Get a ps3 imo. I have three. Great for blu-ray and software upgradable so it will keep up as the different types of blu-rays come out...huge.  Free online multiplayer. Also some good old school PS1 titles available on the store. I had three Xbox360s but the first two blew up. Not sure how the quality of the new model is.

also you should like this in your search for games

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation?page=1

why do you have three playstations? lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.