what games should i get?
where do you buy your games?

i used to have a ps2 and mostly played games involving killing people, if that helps. i also had one of the really old madden football games. was planning on starting out with two games, probably GTA IV because it's cheap and i'm familiar with the series, but i haven't decided on the second game.

Tags: quarter-life crisis

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i don't play on many games, 

i would recommend trying out guitar hero or rockband

(i am good to you, i even linked the games to the websites ;-D )

we got an xbox 360 and kinect sensor a few months ago. i mostly play dance central and kinect sports, which means i am now awsm at doing pokerface and throwing the discus.

yeah, i'm really good at recommending stuff...

I buy games on the internet.  Amazon or Newegg.  If it's a brand new game you want, you might as well go to Target or Game Stop, because new games are always going to $60 anywhere you look.

There are 2 kinds of First Person shooters for Xbox.  Halo style and Call of Duty style.  Halo if much more Arcade-ish, as in it takes a lot more shots to kill someone, whereas Call of Duty is more realistic, and takes one headshot or 2-3 shots to kill someone.  Halo Reach is the best Halo game right now, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Homefront are really good realistic First Person shooters (FPS).

FIFA 11 is an excellent sports game, and Madden is still the best choice for football games.

I also suggest Borderlands (Game of the Year edition).  It is an action RPG where you kill lots of aliens and humans, level up, collect loot (new guns, shields, etc...) and can play Co-Op with up to 3 other ppl.

Both great games.  Rockband 3 has the keyboard controller!

With rhythm games, you either love or hate them.  The attitude of, why not just play a real instrument is pretty common.  I really enjoyed Rock Band 2, but haven't picked it up since I joined an actual band.

They still make great party games though.  Bust out Rock Band at a party, and you have chicks lining up to play.

edgey44 said:

i don't play on many games, 

i would recommend trying out guitar hero or rockband

(i am good to you, i even linked the games to the websites ;-D )

rock band is a fun one, and will definitely be purchased at some point in the future.

thanks for the suggestions so far.

Hubby has a ps3 and he likes the Call of Duty series best, with Modern Warfare 2 being his favorite.
Do they still make arcade classic compilations for the newest systems? I miss my playstation 1 Namco museum collection with joust, poll position, defender, marble madness.
It's called down-loadable content now (DLC).  They usually don't come in packs anymore, just individual games for around $2-5.

Terminator said:
Do they still make arcade classic compilations for the newest systems? I miss my playstation 1 Namco museum collection with joust, poll position, defender, marble madness.

If you want a game to eat your life, try Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion or Dragon Age II.

If you want a good party game, try Rock Band (avoid guitar hero)

If you want a good online game, try any Halo, Gears of War 3 (when it's out), and anything else that still sells for new price.

If you want to just play a few casual games, try Fable 3, Fallout, Need for Speed, Marvel v Capcom, or Mortal Kombat.

However, you best bet right now would be to rent a few games and get a feel for games so you know if you want them or not.

The new Need For Speed is awesome!  Fallout will also consume your life.  Any game that you level up has the possibility to do that.

G Foo Chombey said:

If you want a game to eat your life, try Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion or Dragon Age II.

If you want a good online game, try any Halo, Gears of War 3 (when it's out), and anything else that still sells for new price.

If you want to just play a few casual games, try Fable 3, Fallout, Need for Speed, Marvel v Capcom, or Mortal Kombat.

However, you best bet right now would be to rent a few games and get a feel for games so you know if you want them or not.

call of duty: black ops, but you need xbox live to enjoy this game to its maximum potential.
He should just wait to get Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, instead of wasting his money on both.

G Foo Chombey said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video